Was this a mistake?

Heynow7873

I’m starting to feel like going through the process at UPS was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I don’t say that loosely. I just want to ask a few questions. Some have been told to me before but I never really grasped the concept. I kinda, I think, sorta know the answer to some of these questions but I love clarification in my life. How does “scratch” work? Why do they hold it to you so much in your 30 days? Does it mean a thing after you gain seniority? Hard work, showing up early, all those things that to me have always seemed to work at let’s say, 99% of my jobs, does not seem to be working anymore at UPS

Heynow7873

I’m starting to feel like going through the process at UPS was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I don’t say that loosely. I just want to ask a few questions. Some have been told to me before but I never really grasped the concept. I kinda, I think, sorta know the answer to some of these questions but I love clarification in my life. How does “scratch” work? Why do they hold it to you so much in your 30 days? Does it mean a thing after you gain seniority? Hard work, showing up early, all those things that to me have always seemed to work at let’s say, 99% of my jobs, does not seem to be working anymore at UPS

Heynow7873

I went to classes. One guy quit months ago. Another guy i haven’t seen around in a week and a half. He was telling me he needed to find another p/t job. I’m thinking he’s gone. Am I the smuck that keep showing up? That’s not my history. I show up to work. UPS hasn’t been a good experience. The days I have been on, heat, flooding to the tenth degree. I survived. Got the job done. I do not know what in the world they want from me?

Heynow7873

Service failures such as commit times and early airs? Etc.... I’ve been good with them. A few days I’ve struggled but for the most part I’m on top of it and feel good but I feel like a donkeys rear end

Heynow7873

I have never worked at a place that made me feel so incapable of the job. Like everyone goes out their and automatically puts on super capes

Heynow7873

Since Middle of July. Was in one center. Wasn’t getting much time on my training route there. I was switched to a different center because the manager thought I was getting a bad deal with the route and days etc. got put in a different center because another new hire quit and have been doing it since August I’d say. Steady. On and off for the past week or so. Was told today they might get rid of me after peak

Heynow7873

I’ve just been thinking all day. 1. I don’t really want to work for them through peak just to be let go and 2. It’s the “stratch” thats why we are having this conversation. I just want to work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Since Middle of July. Was in one center. Wasn’t getting much time on my training route there. I was switched to a different center because the manager thought I was getting a bad deal with the route and days etc. got put in a different center because another new hire quit and have been doing it since August I’d say. Steady. On and off for the past week or so. Was told today they might get rid of me after peak
Were you hired off the street or worked part time first?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’ve just been thinking all day. 1. I don’t really want to work for them through peak just to be let go and 2. It’s the “stratch” thats why we are having this conversation. I just want to work.
Do you know how much over scratch you are?

Heynow7873

Bottom line. I don’t get it!! Like Tom Hanks in Big. I don’t get it. Someone told me the other day, they took something pretty basic, and made it complicated

llamainmypocket

I don't know how to scratch but I do know it's almost the only thing that really matters to ups.

I wish I had the answer. Some routes scratch easier than others. Is it possible to scratch without running and speeding? I have no idea.

I've been told that if I make another go at it I'll pass and that I have what it takes but i don't think i can scratch.

That's all i know. I feel for you.