Was told by a loader supervisor I'm not allowed to touch my truck.

purehavanne

Ive been coming in everyday at 7:30am since I started about 4 months ago. I like setting up my truck before I head out. I put every single package in order so that when I pull up at my stop I can just head back, grab the package and go. We'll this is not working very well at peak.

There is so much :censored2: I can't even do anything at 7:30am because there are huge boxes in the middle. It seems like I'm the only trainee with the big boxes issue. Even one of the loaders complained to my supervisor that I seem to be getting all the big :censored2: for such a small truck.

Well, two days ago I tried setting up my truck as organized as I can, this meant that I could either dump everything in the truck w/o caring about an order or dumo everything in order so that I can access it more easily. I opted for the second way and a bunch of :censored2: didn't fit.

The next day the loader supervisor came over to me and told me to let the loader do her job and that I am not allowed to touch my truck in the morning.

Thoughts?
I don't think my supervisor knows about this since he never said anything to me about leaving packages behind and a bunch of drivers seem to get :censored2: off when she said that do me.

Also, how the :censored2: am I supposed to deliver packages when I can't find anything? Jesus Christ. Yesterday I literally couldn't find one package. I had to deliver what I had in front our of order.

I think it's understood that if you are trying to qualify, sort the truck early, skip your lunch , and deliver like hell. But after those 30 days, you'd be a fool to sort the truck early. You're just adding more stops to your day.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I think it's understood that if you are trying to qualify, sort the truck early, skip your lunch , and deliver like hell. But after those 30 days, you'd be a fool to sort the truck early. You're just adding more stops to your day.
The problem is that the numbers don't show an actual "real " work day so it just keeps everything out of whack...they are so bloated and all of this is done by design and the top union officials haven't addressed it one bit to help curb it....it starts at the top so when it gets down to the individual local union BA's it (contract language) still has some sharp teeth....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And yet every day you do it for free by your own admission.
But he works at a "small" center...like Dave said, "we do things differently here"(whatever that means)..some of the things Dave says is spot on and you want to give him a high five and a atta boy and other times it's ridiculous and you want to pimp slap him!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I hate it when an OP writes his first thread intelligently and easy to read but that logic doesn't permeate into that hard head of his.

DON'T WORK OFF THE CLOCK

It's people like you that escalate the SPORH on a route because your cheating and a driver who works correctly can't keep up. STOP IT

haller

There is so much :censored2: I can't even do anything at 7:30am because there are huge boxes in the middle. It seems like I'm the only trainee with the big boxes issue. Even one of the loaders complained to my supervisor that I seem to be getting all the big :censored2: for such a small truck.

Exactly how i feel as a loader. WTF runs through my mind constantly. I have no choice but to put things in the middle sometimes even in the bigger trucks. But anyway don't work off the clock, a driver just got yelled at the other day.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
You know how many tens of thousands of hours is "donated" a day to ups in the form of free labor???

I used to be one of those idiots. After my first 30 days of trying to set myself up to qualify it became a bad habit to come in early and try to give myself a good day. A number of things thankfully happened to make me stop doing that dumb :censored2:. The most significant reason was I got annoyed that the preloader after awhile would see me start arranging the truck and absolutely stop loading my car. He wouldn't even stack stuff in the back. Then one day I was late and everybody's truck was wrapped up and leaving and there was a giant pile of packages behind mine. I asked the preload sup why my car wasn't even closed to wrapped and he says ' we thought you were gonna do it'. That was the last straw. Told him I'll never load the car before start time again so have your employees do their job.

Like a previous poster said, now I just come in after the PCM and look at the truck. If it's jacked, I think of the wonderful overtime. If it's nicely loaded I'll thank the preloader if he's still around or the next time I see him. But never will I work off the clock again. I think most folks come around eventually. Lucky for me it only took a few months.

BostonBo

Don't work before you're start time. Stay out of the preloader's way. Leave no package behind. Just try to deliver the big stuff and bulk stops with your air. Man up, rook.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I hate it when an OP writes his first thread intelligently and easy to read but that logic doesn't permeate into that hard head of his.

DON'T WORK OFF THE CLOCK

It's people like you that escalate the SPORH on a route because your cheating and a driver who works correctly can't keep up. STOP IT
Fact....!!!!

jaker

trolling
I pull over after my air and I have the 1000 and 2000 shelf clean then sort the truck to my liking

That usually happens around noon and the rest of the day is nice and I know where everything is at that point

barnyard

KTM rider
What may have happened is that a more senior driver saw you doing that, went to a supe and said, "I am going to grieve that. If he can work early, I can work early. I want back pay for whenever he started."

Just happened in my building. Younger driver cannot go on the belt anymore.

over9five

Staff member
What may have happened is that a more senior driver saw you doing that, went to a supe and said, "I am going to grieve that. If he can work early, I can work early. I want back pay for whenever he started."

Just happened in my building. Younger driver cannot go on the belt anymore.
THAT is how you get it to stop.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'll admit I was guilty of doing this for a while too, I think most new drivers do it. I soon realized my mistakes and now the only reason I touch a package in my PC before my start time is to make room for my cooler.

Indecisi0n

Ive been coming in everyday at 7:30am since I started about 4 months ago. I like setting up my truck before I head out. I put every single package in order so that when I pull up at my stop I can just head back, grab the package and go. We'll this is not working very well at peak.

Well, two days ago I tried setting up my truck as organized as I can, this meant that I could either dump everything in the truck w/o caring about an order or dumo everything in order so that I can access it more easily. I opted for the second way and a bunch of :censored2: didn't fit.

The next day the loader supervisor came over to me and told me to let the loader do her job and that I am not allowed to touch my truck in the morning.

Thoughts?
I don't think my supervisor knows about this since he never said anything to me about leaving packages behind and a bunch of drivers seem to get :censored2: off when she said that do me.

Also, how the :censored2: am I supposed to deliver packages when I can't find anything? Jesus Christ. Yesterday I literally couldn't find one package. I had to deliver what I had in front our of order.
Is she hot?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'll admit I was guilty of doing this for a while too, I think most new drivers do it. I soon realized my mistakes and now the only reason I touch a package in my PC before my start time is to make room for my cooler.
You don't carry one of those monster coolers into work do you??? You know the ones that can fit like 24 cans of pop or beer... Lmao

barnyard

KTM rider
I think most new drivers do it.

Agreed.

There comes a time when it stops. When I was new, I spent 5-10 minutes off the clock, massaging my load. Now, I put my lunchbox and phone in my wagon and that is the last I have to do with my stuff until after I punch in. I do not look at the orion plan or any of it. If a supe asks me what order I want to do things, I say, "If you want, I can punch in early and go over it."

And, my lunch box is a bigger cooler, so I set it on the driver's seat.

Jondlc

No I am not "Literally this stupid" for working off the clock and no, I am not escalating any "SPORH". I am qualifying and proving myself to management and their standards or in other words "kissing ass" because I want this job and if that means I have to cut my break short and sort my truck early off the clock, you're damn right I'll do it and I'll keep doing it until the time I don't have to do it and prove nothing to nobody anymore.

Cut the bull:censored2:. You all did it. Hell, some of you are still doing it. Coming to the thread and saying you don't wont make a difference. Did I say that my loader hates the fact that Im in the truck moving boxes? She actually told me to not listen to the sup and do what I have to do because she knows why im doing it.

@barnyard 25+ Years driver is the one who said to me" its your truck, you do what you have to do".