Was told by a loader supervisor I'm not allowed to touch my truck.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
What may have happened is that a more senior driver saw you doing that, went to a supe and said, "I am going to grieve that. If he can work early, I can work early. I want back pay for whenever he started."

Just happened in my building. Younger driver cannot go on the belt anymore.

Another way to handle this if it is a senior driver working is to file an 'all affected' grievance for pay for all drivers working prior to start time. The senior driver will be paid for the hours & management will tell them to stop doing it.

davidix

I'm starting to get the ropes on how this place works..

You just have to come in right before your start time and say screw the truck. Then you have to fail every single day until they come to the conclusion you're not a heavy hitter and give you easier days. Then you milk the easy days.

I'm just like the op. I come in early help with my truck and try to do my best on split routes that get blown out. But the problem is I finish them...maybe I need to say :censored2: it and fail.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Don't you have festivus to get ready for or something like that down in del boca vista?????
giphy.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Please don't call them "presents". I hate making a delivery to an office where the girls refer to the packages as "presents".
I've seen office girls open up the office supply boxes right there to steal some of the highlighters and pens...wtf??? Women are such interesting beings.....I think if it wasn't for boobs males wouldn't even pay attention to them..so finicky....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another way to handle this if it is a senior driver working is to file an 'all affected' grievance for pay for all drivers working prior to start time. The senior driver will be paid for the hours & management will tell them to stop doing it.

....for a few weeks and then things will go back to normal...

By The Book

I guess you missed the opening post.
I'm pretty sure what @Bottom rung is saying is that a supervisor will not come up out of the blue and tell a driver he can't work off the clock "fluffing the load". In paragraph 4 of the OP I think the loader mentioned how this driver was trying to re load the package car to the supervisor and it didn't work out so well.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Simple, you do not sort, rearrange, line stuff up, until you are getting paid to do it. Ups has lots of money, you dont need to work for free,.
It is against company and union policy.
If the load sucks you make more.
During qualification, no one will harass you, once you are in,, it stops.
the sup is right. You get no advantage, it is what it is