Was told by a loader supervisor I'm not allowed to touch my truck.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You don't carry one of those monster coolers into work do you??? You know the ones that can fit like 24 cans of pop or beer... Lmao
Nah, just a medium sized one to fit 8 waters, a can of soda, and some snacks. But now that you mention it... I could fit quite a bit of beer in it and that would come in handy throughout the day ;)

PT Car Washer

Agreed.

There comes a time when it stops. When I was new, I spent 5-10 minutes off the clock, massaging my load. Now, I put my lunchbox and phone in my wagon and that is the last I have to do with my stuff until after I punch in. I do not look at the orion plan or any of it. If a supe asks me what order I want to do things, I say, "If you want, I can punch in early and go over it."

And, my lunch box is a bigger cooler, so I set it on the driver's seat.
Feeder driver?

I used to just stand by mine to guard my handtruck. My old loader had a big bulk stop stacked out, I said it's ok to go on in now, we're waiting on air and I hardly have any. He said, "you want to load it?" and started to walk away. I said nope. I'm not on the clock.
New kid has it wrapped perfect everyday now, and puts my handtruck behind my first bulk STOP because I don't need it til later. He's getting a good Christmas tip.

PT Car Washer

I used to just stand by mine to guard my handtruck. My old loader had a big bulk stop stacked out, I said it's ok to go on in now, we're waiting on air and I hardly have any. He said, "you want to load it?" and started to walk away. I said nope. I'm not on the clock.
New kid has it wrapped perfect everyday now, and puts my handtruck behind my first bulk STOP because I don't need it til later. He's getting a good Christmas tip.
As a preloader the only tip I ever got was a 6 pack of Blue Ribbon beer and a bag of pot from a couple drivers. This was many, many decades ago.

haller

No I am not "Literally this stupid" for working off the clock and no, I am not escalating any "SPORH". I am qualifying and proving myself to management and their standards or in other words "kissing ass" because I want this job and if that means I have to cut my break short and sort my truck early off the clock, you're damn right I'll do it and I'll keep doing it until the time I don't have to do it and prove nothing to nobody anymore.

Cut the bull:censored2:. You all did it. Hell, some of you are still doing it. Coming to the thread and saying you don't wont make a difference. Did I say that my loader hates the fact that Im in the truck moving boxes? She actually told me to not listen to the sup and do what I have to do because she knows why im doing it.

@barnyard 25+ Years driver is the one who said to me" its your truck, you do what you have to do".

You'll never make it joe.

I just learned it from here, brown cafe. I've been a helper and a preloader and did fine, drivers here just don't tip anybody.
Yep, I remember the days of the stoned drivers, lol! Sure there still are.

35years

Gravy route
Four months and you still have not made your 30 days?

No one would have flamed you if you had mentioned you had not made it yet.

But if you continue after your 30 days expect other drivers to have no respect for you, and supervisors will know you are a lap dog, and you will be their whipping boy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What may have happened is that a more senior driver saw you doing that, went to a supe and said, "I am going to grieve that. If he can work early, I can work early. I want back pay for whenever he started."

Just happened in my building. Younger driver cannot go on the belt anymore.
THAT is how you get it to stop.

What if the most senior driver in your building does this on a daily basis?

watdaflock?

The next day the loader supervisor came over to me and told me to let the loader do her job and that I am not allowed to touch my truck in the morning.

Thoughts?
Listen to the load sup and let your preloader do her job. If you must rearrange, do it on the clock.

duh'

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Oh God,,, please don't call them boxes !!! We call them Packages , parcels or bundles !!! Delivery boys bring "boxes" not highly trained and skilled professionals, such as us !
Thank you , and be one with the parcel !
I will go with just packages, bundles and parcels make it sound like we are in jolly ol London