Was Vinny Perrone of Local 804 Out Of Line If Allegations Are True?

Whither

Scofflaw
Let them. Get these cowardly bullies out of their Centers --their UPS provided safe spaces-- and watch them pack up and leave the moment somebody looks at them sternly.
I have a feeling that some of our same brothers who are worried about attrition in police ranks due to intense public scrutiny would have the same attitudes about UPS mgmt - imagine thinking that we should 'go easier' on mgmt! :lol:

Those who are worried about 'innocents being harmed' by a videoboard in a resi neighborhood would be appalled by labor history.

DeCurtis

I have a feeling that some of our same brothers who are worried about attrition in police ranks due to intense public scrutiny would have the same attitudes about UPS mgmt - imagine thinking that we should 'go easier' on mgmt! :lol:

Those who are worried about 'innocents being harmed' by a videoboard in a resi neighborhood would be appalled by labor history.
Such absurd statements do not come from working men, they most likely come from management trolls. Funny how they think it's okay for management to ruin people's lives with impunity, and that labor just needs to take it. Even funnier, however, is that the desperate low-lifes in management are so inept they can't even troll, on a mostly anonymous internet board, without getting caught. :laughing:

Overpaid Union Thug

Allegedly, Vinny Perrone decided to bypass typical methods of resolving labor disputes by showing up at an UPS manager's house with this sign. This type of action potentially impacts innocence bystanders.View attachment 337037
So next time someone gets fired for stealing, a big mobile sign like this would be ok outside their residence?
Exactly! Or someone getting fired for sheeting NDAs 3 miles from the stops. Maybe a center manager can bring a giant sign to their house that says “So-and-so is a lier and a cheater.” ??

Short of committing cardinal sins, I don’t think any sane person supported UPS firing pregnant women. But anyone with even a shred of common decency also does not approve of what took place in that picture.

Whither

Scofflaw
Such absurd statements do not come from working men, they most likely come from management trolls. Funny how they think it's okay for management to ruin people's lives with impunity, and that labor just needs to take it. Even funnier, however, is that the desperate low-lifes in management are so inept they can't even troll, on a mostly anonymous internet board, without getting caught. :laughing:
I'd like to think that's true but I've heard a lot of working men talk similarly in my building and at other, crappier, jobs ... those internal conflicts run deep, and they don't spare any of us. You remember that line in the Declaration about people being willing to put up with 'a long train of abuses'? It's undoubtedly the case, and one of the ways people do it is rationalizing the way things are for fear of worse. Ironically, that attitude can also open the door to worse ...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Exactly! Or someone getting fired for sheeting NDAs 3 miles from the stops. Maybe a center manager can bring a giant sign to their house that says “So-and-so is a lier and a cheater.” ??

Short of committing cardinal sins, I don’t think any sane person supported UPS firing pregnant women. But anyone with even a shred of common decency also does not approve of what took place in that picture.
Why does the 804 involved pregnancy? That is a HIPAA issue and something only between a woman and her doctor.

Last edited:

Seymour Packages

Private is private, business is business. A sign or protest at the workplace yes, at someone's private residence, no.
Private is not private. Especially when a terrible business desicion affects your private life. All bets are off when you mess with people's livelihoods.

Overpaid Union Thug

Private is not private. Especially when a terrible business desicion affects your private life. All bets are off when you mess with people's livelihoods.
Negative. The smarter play would’ve been to picket outside of UPS and hold the entire management team accountable. Not showing up at someone’s house. All that does is potentially cause problems with people who have nothing to do with UPS and don’t even know the whole story. It is dangerous and irresponsible.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Private is private, business is business. A sign or protest at the workplace yes, at someone's private residence, no.
As a retired steward, sit in on many meetings where management showed no compassion or respect to employee. There were some good apples in management but not that many. Their only concern was numbers and costs. Meeting goals to earn their promotions. It was like for every full time higher seniority person they were able to terminate, it was a feather in their cap helping them cut costs. Sometimes when I walked away from the meeting, I would wonder how a person could actually feel about themselves treating a fellow human being as they did.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
As a retired steward, sit in on many meetings where management showed no compassion or respect to employee. There were some good apples in management but not that many. Their only concern was numbers and costs. Meeting goals to earn their promotions. It was like for every full time higher seniority person they were able to terminate, it was a feather in their cap helping them cut costs. Sometimes when I walked away from the meeting, I would wonder how a person could actually feel about themselves treating a fellow human being as they did.

Heard say and seen it a couple of times that most of these operational managers are afraid of being fired themselves if can not fire a particular union member when instructed too.

Any rebuttals from the management side??