Washing trucks.

rod

Retired 22 years
Stupid-stupid. How can you set a time limit on washing trucks? Some days they are dirtier than others. They still wash trucks?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Forest Park Hub doesn't have a real Car Wash. The other four Atlanta hubs do have one but UPS doesn't care what it's fleet on the Southside looks like. Bent fenders, busted hoods, bare metal scrapes all the way down the frame rails, car numbers and logos worn off. My package car might get rinsed off twice a year if I'm lucky. I have to carry a bottle of window cleaner if I want to see out of my windows. Safety last.

BigBrownboxx

Stupid-stupid. How can you set a time limit on washing trucks? Some days they are dirtier than others. They still wash trucks?
yeah, 4 of us stay after our reload sort. wash every car, every night and park them unless it’s 10 degrees we get the night off! haha

F

Frankie's Friend

For those of you that was cars how much time are you aloud for an A,B, and C wash?
P10 gets 15 minutes each. Of course, that's only for exterior without using soapy water and a brush on the rims.
Heck, if the lug nuts are rusty it probably doesnt mean they may be loose. Unless they are.

WTFm8

IF you’re a driver... don’t wash unless it’s OT. Get that 8hr guarantee under your classification.

Then let your wash/porter know that you washed your truck so they can file a grievance for missed wages if they get cut short any day that week.

Big Babooba

I had a supervisor admonish me for washing my truck. He was big on safety. I told him that my wheels were dirty. "So" was his answer. I told him that in order to perform a proper pre-trip I have to check the wheels for running rust that would indicate loose lug nuts. I then asked him, " How can I do a proper pre-trip if I can't see my nuts?". He didn't have an answer. He just shook his head and walked away.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I had a supervisor admonish me for washing my truck. He was big on safety. I told him that my wheels were dirty. "So" was his answer. I told him that in order to perform a proper pre-trip I have to check the wheels for running rust that would indicate loose lug nuts. I then asked him, " How can I do a proper pre-trip if I can't see my nuts?". He didn't have an answer. He just shook his head and walked away.
If you can’t see your nuts you’ve got bigger problems than dirty wheels.