washington post FedEx ground

zeev

Washington post article on FedEx ground yesterday it’s free on their website curious what you ground contractors think, also other critical articles on FedEx surprise Jeff Bezos owns it.

It will be fine

Washington post article on FedEx ground yesterday it’s free on their website curious what you ground contractors think, also other critical articles on FedEx surprise Jeff Bezos owns it.
Not much. It gets the gist of what we are looking at. We are going to grow a lot next year with uncertain revenue since we don’t know what they will pay for e-commerce stops. I think I’ll be ok, the best quote is at the end, contractor basically says, “we’ll figure it out.”

bbsam

Staff member
I think it’ll wipe some guys out.

When ISP first rolled out, the contracts were terrible. The money was woefully short and their negotiating horrendous.

There’s little to go on to suggest this change will be any different. They won’t start high and work lower. That we can be sure of.

It will be fine

I think it’ll wipe some guys out.

When ISP first rolled out, the contracts were terrible. The money was woefully short and their negotiating horrendous.

There’s little to go on to suggest this change will be any different. They won’t start high and work lower. That we can be sure of.
How bad have the new ISP transition contracts been? I don’t know, my last few contracts have been much better.

I’m expecting to get something close to current density rate for all residential deliveries. If we are handling 20% of smartpost now, my stop count will double while delivery package count will only go up 25%. Not sure how many more routes I’ll need, but it should be manageable.

XEQaF

Interesting article. I don't know, it seems the tone of the contractors in those interviews appears to be frustration. Not knowing the forecast of the company you are servicing makes it hard to plan your position as a business in terms of budgetary spending and cashflow. Seems very reactive as opposed to proactive when trying to align yourself with FedEx.
Do you think with the increased stop counts, FedEx will issue more PSAs?

FedGT

Interesting article. I don't know, it seems the tone of the contractors in those interviews appears to be frustration. Not knowing the forecast of the company you are servicing makes it hard to plan your position as a business in terms of budgetary spending and cashflow. Seems very reactive as opposed to proactive when trying to align yourself with FedEx.
Do you think with the increased stop counts, FedEx will issue more PSAs?
PSAs are dead in ISP from what I’ve heard