Washington Redskins change their name

moreluck

golden ticket member
Goodnight means I went to bed after posting.
It wasn't bad taste videos I was posting......I was posting the videos of my youth from Disney, J.M.Barrie and legitimate Broadway offerings. If you were lucky enough to see the Broadway show of Peter Pan, you sang the following for days....

Ugh a wug, ugh a wug, ugh a wug, ugh a wug, waahh
Tiger Lily

Both: gug a bluck gug a bluck gug a bluck gug a bluck Wahh hooh!
Ugha wug ugha wug ugh a wug ugh awug
ubble wubble when we get in trouble ugh a wooh,
there's just one thing to do"

I used to love Brer Rabbit and the Song of the South. and Uncle Remus........so shoot me (oh, you can't, you won't touch a gun)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just because you get a 'red bruise' when your hubby beats you is no reason to call the team 'red brews'.

Brilliant! No, not really.

Via The Hill:

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has a suggestion for how to put an end to the controversy surrounding the Washington Redskins’ team name: holding a contest.

“I think we should have a contest for naming,” the House Minority Leader told BuzzFeed’s John Stanton at the website’s “BuzzFeed Brews” event in Washington.

Pelosi, a Baltimore native whose dad was a Maryland congressman said, “I don’t know if there’s any will to change the name, but maybe a good enough name, you never know.” [...]

Pelosi initially declined to weigh in on what she thought the name should be changed to, before pointing to a sign behind her set up for the BuzzFeed Brews event and offered, “How about the Red Brews?”

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
LMAO What a terrible commercial. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!!

Chiefs, Blackhawks, Braves. Change one, you change 'em all.

This political correct BS needs to stop.

tourists24

Its so good we are enlightened now... for so many years we had always used these names as a sign of pride.... I guess we were so wrong til the smart people figured it out

tourists24

Please enlighten us O brilliant ones.... why do teams pick their mascots to begin with? Is this process done with intent to poke fun at certain things,,,? OR.... is it done to identify itself with something to pride itself with?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I was in line at the grocery store today, the guy two people ahead of me was quoting Satchel Paige to the clerk, and said Negro Leagues in the course of the conversation. The customer between me and him was an African American lady. The cashier proceeded to apologize profusely to the lady after the guy walked away.

It was called the Negro Leagues. There is no other name for it. There is a Negro Leagues museum, it is a part of our history. When she started to check me out she started to talk to me about it, I tried to set her straight about the history of the segregation and eventual integration of Major League Baseball, Moses Walker to Jackie Robinson etc. She was just so taken back with the use of the word "negro", even though in the context of the Negro Leagues I'm not sure any other term would have been accurate.

Race is a touchy subject considering our country's past, but the guilt and political correctness sometimes gets ridiculous.