Wasn't paid for vacation but told I was.

I go on vacation next week, week of August 17th. I didn't receive my vacation check 2 weeks in advance like the previous 5 years. So I go to HR and was told they will look into it. So a couple days pass and nothing. So I ask again and was told that I was already paid according to the what the computer was showing. I explained to them No payment is showing on UPSers list of paystubs or my bank account. Ive been using the same bank since I've been at UPS. So what changed? How do I get my vacation pay??

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Three steps:

Find union steward.
Talk to union steward.
Have union steward help you file grievance.

You've been at UPS 5 years, and you haven't ever had to dispute pay issues before?

542thruNthru

I go on vacation next week, week of August 17th. I didn't receive my vacation check 2 weeks in advance like the previous 5 years. So I go to HR and was told they will look into it. So a couple days pass and nothing. So I ask again and was told that I was already paid according to the what the computer was showing. I explained to them No payment is showing on UPSers list of paystubs or my bank account. Ive been using the same bank since I've been at UPS. So what changed? How do I get my vacation pay??

File a grievance. Article 17 of the national Master. Make sure to ask for penalty pay.

Have a steward help you or contact your local if a steward is not available.