We are Right in the Middle of Summer, Watcha Doin?

Shiftless

You are retired so you gotta be up to sumthin????

ME?

Camping with the G-Kids! Having them over for days at a time, hitting the beach and slip and sliding with all the neighborhood kids on my sloping green grass. Paid for them to go to Disneyland for four days and I didn't have to go (may rethink that next time) do you know what four days and nights at Disneyland costs now??? What happened to the E ticket? It was more than 4 times my my first house payment including taxes and insurance??? Does this make me old???

So far 3 Big Family get togethers with 2 more planned.

Lots of local Motorcycling & Side car riding with Momma. That and lotsa working on Hot Rods & Motorcycles. No real long travel gone for weeks stuff tho.

Acting like a kid I bent my axle on 57 Ranchero. Too many burnouts? Big bang convertor hits? So time for a bigger axle and gear set to make the Ranchero more freeway comfortable!

SO WHAT U bin doin??? Flying? Skiing? Racing? Riding bikes? Puffin the magic dragon? Tasting local brews?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Hiking & camping in the Rocky Mountains. Working on my fly fishing technique. Trip back to Northern Wisconsin soon to fish for some Walleye & Muskie. On way back will spend a teeny amount of time with the relatives.

DriverNerd

Well, I'm not retired but my dad just did a couple months ago. He sold his business, condo on the beach, and his house around Miami. Took his money and bought a house on a canal (on the Gulf side) and a boat, now he spends most of his time golfing, hanging out in his pool, or out on the water. Not that I'm jealous or anything...

Shiftless

Hiking & camping in the Rocky Mountains. Working on my fly fishing technique. Trip back to Northern Wisconsin soon to fish for some Walleye & Muskie. On way back will spend a teeny amount of time with the relatives.
Living Life! Good for you!

Time to enjoy thing's gets shorter and shorter!

My buddy took up saltwater fly fishing. Last I heard he was diggin it!

Shiftless

Well, I'm not retired but my dad just did a couple months ago. He sold his business, condo on the beach, and his house around Miami. Took his money and bought a house on a canal (on the Gulf side) and a boat, now he spends most of his time golfing, hanging out in his pool, or out on the water. Not that I'm jealous or anything...
YUP! No need to be jealous. Admire that he made it to retirement and now is enjoying it! Follow his lead and you will get there.

"Stay Busy" is my motto! Seems that when we get old if you just sit down and don't stay active, you are that much closer to being flung off the conveyor belt of life! Be your Dad's advocate and ensure he stays busy!

DriverNerd

YUP! No need to be jealous. Admire that he made it to retirement and now is enjoying it! Follow his lead and you will get there.

"Stay Busy" is my motto! Seems that when we get old if you just sit down and don't stay active, you are that much closer to being flung off the conveyor belt of life! Be your Dad's advocate and ensure he stays busy!
My dad has taught me a lot things. Specifically that working hard and saving means a better life (and now retirement!). He is not the lazy type as he works out three days a week (biking and cardio) but now he gets to relax after that. I am jealous, but in the "I want to do that" kind of way, not the "it's not fair" kind of way. I am really happy for him. He's got no bills and well over a million in retirement. He's only 63 (I'm 40) so I hope he gets to enjoy his retirement for a long time. And to top it all off, he's just an all around good guy.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Living Life! Good for you!

Time to enjoy thing's gets shorter and shorter!

My buddy took up saltwater fly fishing. Last I heard he was diggin it!
Grew up slip bobber and jigging for fish. This fly rod fishing is a whole new ball game but the pros out here are more than willing to help out and share some of their secrets.
Just love being in the outdoors with so much to see and do here. Thankfully still have pretty good health to take it all in.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We live in a tourist area ( Lake Tahoe ) so it's crazy in the summer. We just stay home or take day trips on the back roads to get away.
A little hiking , yard work, walking the dogs , is my pleasure.

We go more places in off season which is fall and spring. The off season seems to have dwindled since the pandemic .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sleeping in, working out, watching netflix... Pretty hot and swampy outside around here, looking forward to Fall.

rod

Retired 22 years
Leaving tomorrow for 2 and a half weeks of roaming around Montana. Glacier Park and a such. Spendy as hell now. $130.00 bucks a night for camping. Before you say you can get a motel for that try $350-$400 a night for motel rooms. Gas is pushing 4 bucks a gallon. I'm beginning to think I should have cancelled this trip but the reservations were all made months ago. Oh well ----it's only money.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Been a stressful summer with all the wildfires nearby......

need a vacation. but afraid to leave area in case a wildfire hits close.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Tuesdays and Wednesdays I volunteer a few hours at an Animal Sanctuary. The local rescues bring cats and dogs in for low cost spaying and neutering as well as any shots they need.I have learned an arseload of vet tech stuff and I have a great time playing with the cats and dogs. Friday finds me volunteering at Rescue Cats which is a no kill rescue( this rescue brings kittens on tuesdays for procedures so I am seeing them alot) I clean the litter boxes,feed and water the cats and play with the kitties. Its a very nice little routine and I look forward to going. I take my dad out to lunch once a week and when my granddaughter has a game I'm able to make it and cheer her on. It beats the absolute hell out of working
thumbnail (7).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg
thumbnail (6).jpg
thumbnail (9).jpg
thumbnail (10).jpg

Tuesdays and Wednesdays I volunteer a few hours at an Animal Sanctuary. The local rescues bring cats and dogs in for low cost spaying and neutering as well as any shots they need.I have learned an arseload of vet tech stuff and I have a great time playing with the cats and dogs. Friday finds me volunteering at Rescue Cats which is a no kill rescue( this rescue brings kittens on tuesdays for procedures so I am seeing them alot) I clean the litter boxes,feed and water the cats and play with the kitties. Its a very nice little routine and I look forward to going. I take my dad out to lunch once a week and when my granddaughter has a game I'm able to make it and cheer her on. It beats the absolute hell out of working
View attachment 351040View attachment 351041View attachment 351042View attachment 351043View attachment 351044
Can you still fit inside of Browns?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Leaving tomorrow for 2 and a half weeks of roaming around Montana. Glacier Park and a such. Spendy as hell now. $130.00 bucks a night for camping. Before you say you can get a motel for that try $350-$400 a night for motel rooms. Gas is pushing 4 bucks a gallon. I'm beginning to think I should have cancelled this trip but the reservations were all made months ago. Oh well ----it's only money.
Who the hell pays for camping? Find a forest service road and pitch a tent.

rod

Retired 22 years
Who the hell pays for camping? Find a forest service road and pitch a tent.
I just spent 2 weeks in Iowa in 90 degree humid heat without an electric site. That's enough. I did my share of tent camping / pop up camper crap years ago--back when the tents were made of heavy canvas. This trip will be heated, air-conditioned, elect., water, sewer, cable tv-stocked refrigerator-- you name it. No roughing it this time. Roughing it is for poor people :-).

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
View attachment 351040View attachment 351041View attachment 351042View attachment 351043View attachment 351044
That's awesome. We support a no-kill shelter a couple hours south of us, Ms Jones wants to move closer so she can volunteer there. So I guess that's what we're gonna do..