We are told not to Scan misloads, just leave in Package Car

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Its all about ego and numbers. Center management compare their numbers to other centers in their division. Maybe the next level of management see it that way also and turn their heads?
Doubtful because the next level will sit there and say "What the hell is up with all of these no scans?"

tacken

Have them put in righting that we do not need to scan. Sign it that this is the new flavor of the week. And I will be glad to not scan.

Overpaid Union Thug

Or how about this..... scan each and every misload the second you find them in order to possibly, probably, keep the drivesr that are supposed to have them from having to waste allot time and sweat digging for them in the back of what is essentially an oven on wheels! It's not rocket science. But it is required per the methods and is common courtesy.

tacken

Or how about this..... scan each and every misload the second you find them in order to possibly, probably, keep the drivesr that are supposed to have them from having to waste allot time and sweat digging for them in the back of what is essentially an oven on wheels! It's not rocket science. But it is required per the methods and is common courtesy.[/What think of others that's crazy thinking there Thug. haha good concept....

PrimeUPS

What surprises me is that UPS just paid a huge fine for false recording. However this is not the same scenario it is stiil cheating to have mgrs numbers look better while putting the drivers at risk.

Center managers could care less about misloads, that's a preload issue. That report will just end up in pre-sort on the preload managers lap. Unless it is related to some dispatch issue, center manager isn't going to sweat your misloads and it doesn't help the center's numbers. In fact, no scanning hurts the number because it will effect SPC and SPORH. Your center manager will care when you pop up on his DNED though, SCAN EVERY PACKAGE. EVERY TIME.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Center managers could care less about misloads, that's a preload issue.
Every night I have to text my center manager how many misloads we had that day and how many of those ended up being missed. The OMS marks who misloaded what package and puts it on his desk so he can see it the next day. If he doesn't care, I'd be scared to see what he wants when he does care about it.

PrimeUPS

Every night I have to text my center manager how many misloads we had that day and how many of those ended up being missed. The OMS marks who misloaded what package and puts it on his desk so he can see it the next day. If he doesn't care, I'd be scared to see what he wants when he does care about it.

I'm not saying it doesn't end up in a report, it most certainly does. Missed gets categorized by reason (FIL, DE, etc) but a true misload where it's straight up loaded in the wrong car becomes a preload issue. He cares because he needs to sit on the call with the preload manager and every other manager in the division with DM and explain. Each manager wants to be able to redirect the fire. The report your OMS compiles is simply a magazine full of ammo for presort the next day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Center managers could care less about misloads, that's a preload issue. That report will just end up in pre-sort on the preload managers lap. Unless it is related to some dispatch issue, center manager isn't going to sweat your misloads and it doesn't help the center's numbers. In fact, no scanning hurts the number because it will effect SPC and SPORH. Your center manager will care when you pop up on his DNED though, SCAN EVERY PACKAGE. EVERY TIME.

Any center manager worth his/her salt cares about those portions of the operation under his/her control. This would include the preload.

PrimeUPS

Any center manager worth his/her salt cares about those portions of the operation under his/her control. This would include the preload.

I don't disagree, but preload is under PRELOAD, not under the Center. The best the center manager can hope to do is hit the preload manager and FT sups with the issues. Documentation is key. That's where the reports come in, but they aren't going to beat you as a driver over the head with it. Or shouldn't. Unless you have consistent misloads and don't properly report them, then that's on the driver - in which case the same report is important and the driver WILL come under fire. The OP implied that a center manager intentionally directed no scanning to affect center numbers, when doing so would do the opposite - adjusting center numbers even more negatively.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I don't disagree, but preload is under PRELOAD, not under the Center. The best the center manager can hope to do is hit the preload manager and FT sups with the issues. Documentation is key. That's where the reports come in, but they aren't going to beat you as a driver over the head with it. Or shouldn't. Unless you have consistent misloads and don't properly report them, then that's on the driver - in which case the same report is important and the driver WILL come under fire. The OP implied that a center manager intentionally directed no scanning to affect center numbers, when doing so would do the opposite - adjusting center numbers even more negatively.
It may be different for you. But in our center preload is under the center. There is no preload manager. The center manager oversees all parts of the operation.

oldngray

nowhere special
Our preload operated as part of the package centered they loaded. The driver center manager was also over preload. He would do little to directly manage preload but the preload numbers were part of his center's operations report. So a bad preload made the whole center look bad.

dudebro

As a mgmt person I say scan everything. Can't fix a problem if we don't know or can't prove it exists. Also, there are folks in corporate who come up with projects to fix issues based on those reports. If we fudge the data in those reports, the wrong projects get approved, which isn't good for anyone.

Indecisi0n

Or how about this..... scan each and every misload the second you find them in order to possibly, probably, keep the drivesr that are supposed to have them from having to waste allot time and sweat digging for them in the back of what is essentially an oven on wheels! It's not rocket science. But it is required per the methods and is common courtesy.
Unless you don't like that driver then you hold it until the end of the night to send in.

I seem to remember us taking Diad training stating to record as missed. What's the problem?
Problem is, "work as directed". We're told to send misload info in and wait for instructions on what to do with said pkg. So...that's what I do. I don't record it missed unless instructed to do so.