We are told not to Scan misloads, just leave in Package Car

Driveslayer

Concerning Misloads reported while on route that can't be delivered. Most drivers are told to to leave on package car and do not scan at all. The next day the correct route gets a unscanned package report in there log.
This started about 1 month ago when we had mgrs promoted. Two of them are hoping to be promoted again when some areas mgrs retire in Feb. 2016.
I won't do it! These same mgrs are constantly doing driver observations. Seems to me they need to be observed themselves. In 27 years i've never seen mgrs brazen and confident enough to do this! HOW would you handle this if you knew this was going on?

ManInBrown

Exact opposite here. Salting cars. Every single Mis-Load found on car MUST be delivered. No exceptions. Doesn't matter how far away. We had a driver that had to break trace from his route, drive 45 minutes to deliver a business saver off route. Then 45 minutes back to his route to continue.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Makes it hard to discipline a driver for not scanning doesn't it. Management is setting a new precedent by flagging stops.

They should put a "limbo" key in the diad. We can use that.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Smoking packages will get you fired. If this is directed from a management personal I would confirm this "policy" with his superior if this is the way the company is moving forward with service and transparency to our customers as DIAD training says otherwise.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Nice way to throw them under the bus.... you do realize coporate does jump on here.... and see our issues... i bet this will be handled...
I'll take that bet. Corporate has a disconnect with the operations in such a manner that reports cloud the actual issues. This is why you have reports after reports but the issues that create these reports are never fixed, it's all about putting out fires.

Driveslayer

What surprises me is that UPS just paid a huge fine for false recording. However this is not the same scenario it is stiil cheating to have mgrs numbers look better while putting the drivers at risk.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Every package/every day. There is a report generated of "no scans". This report is a list of packages that do not receive a delivery or exception scan. I do not see how this report is not noticed by their area managers. No scans are a no no. Some heads are gonna roll over this one.

jaker

trolling
Just play stupid , you find a misload send the message in and if they ask you say you forgot not to scan it

And say that every time , what are they going to do give you a warning letter for not lying

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Nice way to throw them under the bus.... you do realize coporate does jump on here.... and see our issues... i bet this will be handled...
They deserve it if they lack integrity. Here's the thing. Even if someone doesn't come on here to see it, they are going to figure it out when the center has 2 missed, but 5 no scans that get delivered the next day.

Driveslayer

Its all about ego and numbers. Center management compare their numbers to other centers in their division. Maybe the next level of management see it that way also and turn their heads?