We Can't Pickup Your Package...FAIL!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes, they probably do. The packages aren't scanned separately along the way. Your package was scanned with several others and placed in a bag. That bag is then tagged with it's own barcode and shipped to your post office. That barcode probably is not known to you, but that is the tracking number that would show your package has indeed arrived. Sucks, but more and more that's "free shipping".

I sent an Xmas present Ground 2 weeks ago. Package showed "delivered", but unfortunately to an address 3 miles away that wasn't even remotely similar to the actual address. The person whom it was mis-delivered to was nice enough to take it to the actual destination. It had $200 worth of gift cards that could have easily been taken. Good job, Ground!

bbsam

Staff member
I sent an Xmas present Ground 2 weeks ago. Package showed "delivered", but unfortunately to an address 3 miles away that wasn't even remotely similar to the actual address. The person whom it was mis-delivered to was nice enough to take it to the actual destination. It had $200 worth of gift cards that could have easily been taken. Good job, Ground!
YOU sent a package Fedex Ground?! Yeah, right. Your lies are getting downright silly now. How is anyone who has read your posts here ever going to believe that?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
YOU sent a package Fedex Ground?! Yeah, right. Your lies are getting downright silly now. How is anyone who has read your posts here ever going to believe that?

Yep, I did. I needed to ship something large that wouldn't fit in a USPS Flat Rate box and figured I'd save some money using the employee discount. A disappointing experience.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I use Ground much more often than express for my personal shipments.
Just talked to the wife about a shipment she needs to send something back and I said, we'll be using FedEx ground with my shipping discount for that.

bbsam

Staff member
So all this "Ground sucks" talk means nothing in light of how much money you save. Just like everybody else.

overflowed

I always ask the csa's to list cost options when I ship things. Give them a the add it's going to before I leave the STA in the morning. If I don't care when it gets there I ask to list E2, ES, and ground. The last few times I shipped 2 day was the cheapest option. Go figure.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Employee discount be-damned!..I don't ship anything via any FedEx opco. Besides, my wife would kill me if I did. She hates FedEx - for various reasons. It's strictly USPS or UPS for me these days.

Remember: WE ALL SUCK NOW!

FedEx is an equal opportunity company.
They take every opportunity to screw customer and employee alike.

bbsam

Staff member
Absolutely true. I usually ship Express E2, but this destination was very cheap with the discount. Next time, I'll stick with the E2.
If you say so. And maybe Ground friend'd up. But think about the large shipper and what they have to contend with. They have to weigh the cost versus failure rate and failure rate of Ground versus that of UPS and others. Maybe UPS has far fewer misdeliveries but far, far greater damage claims (actually true I believe). So personal preferences and prejudices aside, Ground even with its warts and bumps may be an attractive option. It will take time for Ground to get alot of it cleared up and much of it could be handled far faster if they weren't so cheap. That's not going to happen. Both UPS and FDX are too focused on the stock prices to care that much. Customer service is more tuned to crisis management than to system correction.

hypo hanna

Customer service is more tuned to crisis management than to system correction.

And they are trying to do the crisis management on the cheap. Truth is, unless you are as big as Amazon or Verizon, you aren't going to get the kind of customer service this company advertises.

bbsam

Staff member
And they are trying to do the crisis management on the cheap. Truth is, unless you are as big as Amazon or Verizon, you aren't going to get the kind of customer service this company advertises.
Do you think it's any different at UPS?

STFXG

Post the tracking information. Or the tracking number. I don't believe a word of this.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Post the tracking information. Or the tracking number. I don't believe a word of this.

Right, so then you know who I am. Package sent from me to a relative. The story is absolutely true. Plus, I even labeled the box on 3 sides in case the Ground address sticker got torn off. The address they delivered it to wasn't even remotely similar, but the ZIP was the same.

I still have customers frequently drive up to me on the street and try to give me mis-delivered Ground.

STFXG

Misdeliveries are so statistically small that the odds of it happening to you, of all people, are so minute that it's unbelievable.

Add in the ground bashing and all the other rants and stories and anyone who would believe this would have to be out of their mind.

bbsam

Staff member
Prove it.

What do you mean by statistically small anyway? Anything misdelivered outside of a 5 mile radius of where it was supposed to be delivered?
How would you define it? .001% of packages delivered are misdelivered? .000001%?

CJinx

Yes, they probably do. The packages aren't scanned separately along the way. Your package was scanned with several others and placed in a bag. That bag is then tagged with it's own barcode and shipped to your post office. That barcode probably is not known to you, but that is the tracking number that would show your package has indeed arrived. Sucks, but more and more that's "free shipping".
I wish they'd invest in a way to keep those barcodes on the bags. They fall off all the time. :\

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Misdeliveries are so statistically small that the odds of it happening to you, of all people, are so minute that it's unbelievable.

Add in the ground bashing and all the other rants and stories and anyone who would believe this would have to be out of their mind.

I'm not buying this. I regularly get 2 or 3 people per week either flagging me down or walking up to me in a parking lot with a Ground package that is not theirs. I just tell them to call 1-800-Go-FedEx.