We need to demand hazard pay

dezguy

It wouldn’t be financially feasible to only deliver essential items. The everyday stuff pays the bills to get people the supplies they need. The balance could probably be better right now but that doesn’t mean we aren’t providing an essential service. Calling us heroes is clearly nonsense but there’s nothing wrong with taking some pride in keeping the economy functioning.
I'm assuming the ground terminals don't have the propaganda screens? All the propaganda being displayed is how we're saving lives, blah, blah, blah. Nothing about helping keep the economy going. Hell, if they would just come out and say we need you guys to work because we need to generate revenue, I think I'm might actually respect that more that the utter bull:censored2: they're throwing out there now.

It will be fine

I'm assuming the ground terminals don't have the propaganda screens? All the propaganda being displayed is how we're saving lives, blah, blah, blah. Nothing about helping keep the economy going. Hell, if they would just come out and say we need you guys to work because we need to generate revenue, I think I'm might actually respect that more that the utter bull:censored2: they're throwing out there now.
Agreed. There’s enough legit stuff to be proud of there’s no reason to go overboard. The marketing staff needs to earn their paychecks too though.

AB831

It's done to try to make frontline workers feel like we're necessary and need to come to work. Just watch the propaganda screen in your break area or actually pay attention to the dumb videos your manager shows at the weekly meetings. They speak to us like we're on par with doctors and nurses.

"We're delivering much needed medical supplies that are saving lives!!!" Anyone that works here knows 90% of the garbage we're delivering is non essential but make sure you come into work because you're saving lives. Oh, btw you don't need hazard pay. Us verbally fellating you is all the hero pay you need. Look we threw some stickers on a sprinter, letting everyone know how much of a hero you are. You don't need hazard pay!
Hit the nail on the head. The more incredible part is how many people seem to actually buy into it.

AB831

The whole way they've gone about handling this pandemic is proof positive that they have absolutely no shame. ANYTHING goes to make FedEx look good in the eyes of FedEx.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It's done to try to make frontline workers feel like we're necessary and need to come to work. Just watch the propaganda screen in your break area or actually pay attention to the dumb videos your manager shows at the weekly meetings. They speak to us like we're on par with doctors and nurses.

"We're delivering much needed medical supplies that are saving lives!!!" Anyone that works here knows 90% of the garbage we're delivering is non essential but make sure you come into work because you're saving lives. Oh, btw you don't need hazard pay. Us verbally fellating you is all the hero pay you need. Look we threw some stickers on a sprinter, letting everyone know how much of a hero you are. You don't need hazard pay!
And don’t forget the #FedExStrong masks. Lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Some people take pride in their work.
I take pride in my work and always have. That doesn’t mean I’m buying all the BS though. It dawned on me today the point in my career that I realized Fedex could not give a :censored2: about their employees. I guess I had blocked it out. It was the point when I was displaced from a position and had my ID taken and was then walked out of the building like a common criminal. Talk about humiliating. I haven’t looked at FedEx the same since.

AB831

Some people take pride in their work.
Labeling oneself as a hero when one has done nothing heroic is not “taking pride in one’s work.” You can’t tell me that there aren’t people who have a religion-like devotion to this company. That isn’t healthy and it goes way beyond having pride in your work.

CatMan

I take pride in my work and always have. That doesn’t mean I’m buying all the BS though. It dawned on me today the point in my career that I realized Fedex could not give a :censored2: about their employees. I guess I had blocked it out. It was the point when I was displaced from a position and had my ID taken and was then walked out of the building like a common criminal. Talk about humiliating. I haven’t looked at FedEx the same since.
what could you possibly have done to deserve that?

CatMan

Labeling oneself as a hero when one has done nothing heroic is not “taking pride in one’s work.” You can’t tell me that there aren’t people who have a religion-like devotion to this company. That isn’t healthy and it goes way beyond having pride in your work.
If you've had a string of good managers, you probably are content and have good morale. If you have had a**hole micromanagers, harassing incompetent fools. You're likely to hate your job and our company. It's as simple as that!

CatMan

Oh ,by the way these "engineers" that work the DRA for routes ,are full of :censored2:!...The prerequisite for this critical position should be 20 Years as a courier.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you've had a string of good managers, you probably are content and have good morale. If you have had a**hole micromanagers, harassing incompetent fools. You're likely to hate your job and our company. It's as simple as that!

Both of my kids played sports growing up and they had some very good coaches, along with some not so good ones, along the way. This prepared them for the managers that they have had to deal with in their adult lives.

Working4the1%

Both of my kids played sports growing up and they had some very good coaches, along with some not so good ones, along the way. This prepared them for the managers that they have had to deal with in their adult lives.
I’ve had many managers tell work group that we are a strong team workgroup...then I come in 1 day and manager transferred or quit to work for another company.....bbbuuttt But we are a team???

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Was that because it happened, or because it happened to you?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Sure there are people like that. I think that kind of dedication is a little weird. And OTOH, there are people who simply look at it as a paycheck and nothing more. I think that kind of indifference is weird.

One of those two groups tends to move the needle more than the other.