Wearing reflective shirt not allowed?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
best-sopranos-season-1-quotes.jpg

trotsky

Stupid corporate semantics. Sure you have more visibility on your t shirt than a vest..but..its not a vest and someone somewhere said it has to be a vest. Cut the sleeves off, cut the front in half and make it nice and flowey so it gets caught on everything you walk by then its a vest.
Edit: i was thinking about it and it makes sense from the co. Side. Its easier for them to order a box of xl vests than police peoples shirts to make sure they comply. Wear the vest.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

Some of our inside guys (IE shifters) wear the t-shirts, no problem.
Happens all the time here. 30 year feeder drivers can walk up to the dispatch desk in a clown costume and no one would say a word. New driver with little time, in a millisecond they spot every single uniform violation.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Happens all the time here. 30 year feeder drivers can walk up to the dispatch desk in a clown costume and no one would say a word. New driver with little time, in a millisecond they spot every single uniform violation.
Low hanging fruit
30 year guy will give them the friend off look
Rookie will go change

qdg2

Low hanging fruit
30 year guy will give them the friend off look
Rookie will go change
Says a retired person without a clue.....

The vests came about because of the OKC tragedy. Feeder driver killed by a shifter.

And yes, vests are REQUIRED not a shirt. They have to be Approved vests and or belt type. Why? Must be breakaway.....that's why they are velcroed together.......pretty simple rule and concept. While several folks keep their vest in say, their tractor......while walking through the yard to get it........yes, we have morons amongst us......

APPROVED. REQUIRED.
Contractors have a big problem with wearing vests as many just have orange or yellow shirts in public/outside UPS property. And yes, ALL contractors must follow ALL the yard rules.

And yes, we have several drivers that seem to think they are above the rules. Mgt.too. Eerily similar to the retired clowns on BC.
Real internet tough guys......keyboard warriors.

qdg2

Stupid corporate semantics. Sure you have more visibility on your t shirt than a vest..but..its not a vest and someone somewhere said it has to be a vest. Cut the sleeves off, cut the front in half and make it nice and flowey so it gets caught on everything you walk by then its a vest.
Edit: i was thinking about it and it makes sense from the co. Side. Its easier for them to order a box of xl vests than police peoples shirts to make sure they comply. Wear the vest.
Vests came about because a feeder driver was killed in OKC. Crushed to death by a 53' trailer. Vests are not optional. No matter how tough a person thinks they are...

Thebrownblob

The vests came about because of the OKC tragedy. Feeder driver killed by a shifter.

And yes, vests are REQUIRED not a shirt. They have to be Approved vests and or belt type. Why? Must be breakaway.....that's why they are velcroed together.......pretty simple rule and concept. While several folks keep their vest in say, their tractor......while walking through the yard to get it........yes, we have morons amongst us......

APPROVED. REQUIRED.

Contractors have a big problem with wearing vests as many just have orange or yellow shirts in public/outside UPS property. And yes, ALL contractors must follow ALL the yard rules.

And yes, we have several drivers that seem to think they are above the rules. Mgt.too. Eerily similar to the retired clowns on BC.
Thank you for the history lesson that no one cared about. I can’t imagine working someplace 40 years and having absolutely zero affect on changing the safety culture that you feel is so damaged, but that just goes to show your level of influence. Not shocking as your level of influence here is pretty similar.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
well the rule is you have to wear a vest when working in the yard. an intelligent supervisor that knows how to make productive use of his time and energy would see the shirt as complying with the rule. however a supervisor that is an idiot and is at a loss for how to justify his position other than jamming up union members would see it as a violation. I've had both kinds of supervisors in my building. as it is the current preload manager would not waste time on such crap and would not reward his lieutenants for wasting their time. but my boss, oh hell yes he would.

nWo

I think I'd file this one under pick your battles. The shirt might comply with policies or maybe it doesn't. Might be a supervisor being nitpicky. It's not worth your trouble fighting it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

APPROVED. REQUIRED.

Looks like the half wits are on the loose