Web Browsers

over9five

Staff member
I have issues with any web browser I happen to be using. My computer came with IE, I've tried Safari, and now I'm trying Firefox.

I can't seem to C&P a pic from the internet onto BC with Firefox, it always says the pic is too large. So I have to go back to IE where it will work fine.

What the heck?

over9five

Staff member
Oh yeah, the reason I've tried Firefox is that IE's newest version seems very.... I don't know, jerky I guess. Slow, not right.

And Safari does weird stuff too. I can't seem to embed a link with Safari.

I recently read an article that says most geeks prefer Google Chrome. I think DS likes that one.

evilleace

I use google chrome never had a problem with it, and it also seems quicker than other browsers. Firefox is my second choice though.

Nimnim

The Nim
I've never had a problem viewing BC on chrome. I also have firefox and ie8. It all depends on what I'm doing for which browser I use. They all seem to handle certain things differently.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I use Firefox on my Macbook Air. The latest version seems to run almost as fast as Chrome . My bank's site doesn't like Chrome at all, so I seldom use it. I haven't taken to Safari, it does weird stuff sometimes. If I get on the Dell desktop, I usually stick with Firefox over IE.

Nimnim

The Nim
I downloaded IE 9 the other day and wished I hadn't. The address bar only holds 5 URL's and the ads flash on the left-hand side of the screen randomly.

I assume you have windows vista or 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9
To uninstall Internet Explorer

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Click the Start button , type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

Click one of the following:

Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).

Note

After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your computer. It is not necessary to reinstall.

over9five

Staff member
I downloaded IE 9 the other day and wished I hadn't. The address bar only holds 5 URL's and the ads flash on the left-hand side of the screen randomly.

Me too. Do you find it slow, jerky? It's very annoying, how can they call this an upgrade????

I guess I'll try Chrome, that'll be browser #4 on my laptop.... Suppose I can uninstall a couple if I like Chrome.

clueless

I've been using Google Chrome since it was available as my default browser. Also tried IE (of course, duh) and Firefox. My main issue with chrome is opening PDF files. Once they introduced their own pdf reader plug-in, there's been nothing but problems. And my work requires I open these everyday, multiple times a day, so it's bothersome. I've even resorted to filing an issue report with google over this. still no fix.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I've been using Google Chrome (with windows 7 - 64 bit) for probably the last year (Had IE but started having problems). It's been working great.

Nimnim

The Nim
I also followed Nimnims advice, but now are we forever stuck with the "New updates available" icon? The new update being IE9.

Microsoft likes to make things harder for you. If you don't ever want to be prompted for a particular update find it in the list of things to install in windows update. Right click on it and there will be an option to "hide update." If you ever want to make it available again there's a section in windows update titled "restore hidden updates."

over9five

Staff member
Microsoft likes to make things harder for you. If you don't ever want to be prompted for a particular update find it in the list of things to install in windows update. Right click on it and there will be an option to "hide update." If you ever want to make it available again there's a section in windows update titled "restore hidden updates."

Oh, that worked nicely!

DS

Fenderbender
I have issues with any web browser I happen to be using. My computer came with IE, I've tried Safari, and now I'm trying Firefox.

I can't seem to C&P a pic from the internet onto BC with Firefox, it always says the pic is too large. So I have to go back to IE where it will work fine.

What the heck?

If you can't fix it with WD-40 or duct tape,you need a new one.
Try google chrome