Week one

Nimnim

The Nim
I see part timers working more hours until capacity is expanded in centers. You can hire all the part timers you want. Only so much can be processed per hour period. So either give part timers more hours or increase capacity.

For my hub and shift we've been at capacity for the last couple months, now we're downright over capacity. It might be working better for those in PC, but I heard the Jacksonville hub rolled over 200 loads this week and it's not likely to get better. The amount of people you have on hand only works so much, and we're at the point the facilities themselves in many places need to be improved.

TheFigurehead

37 hours on preload here.

I work on midnight, so we only have so many hours to run our sort after twilight and before preload, so this never happens to me...

but don't you / the other people on your shift have other jobs / school, etc... to attend to? I guess if you are working 12 hours a day as a pt'er it pays alright, but 90% of the people I work with have day jobs or college. How can you live off pt hours the rest of the year?

We start around 11p. I guess if they forced us, they could get about 7 hours, max, and most people would have to leave for their day jobs. To be honest, though, people would start becoming hostile about 4a, as sleep / a day job that actually pays the bills > UPS.

I work on midnight, so we only have so many hours to run our sort after twilight and before preload, so this never happens to me...

but don't you / the other people on your shift have other jobs / school, etc... to attend to? I guess if you are working 12 hours a day as a pt'er it pays alright, but 90% of the people I work with have day jobs or college. How can you live off pt hours the rest of the year?

We start around 11p. I guess if they forced us, they could get about 7 hours, max, and most people would have to leave for their day jobs. To be honest, though, people would start becoming hostile about 4a, as sleep / a day job that actually pays the bills > UPS.
I know some PT guys will take time off from their FT jobs in December to bank the OT at UPS.

CharleyHustle

Agreed. Commit times should be relaxed the 1st of December and eliminated 10 days before Christmas.

I feel our regular business customers already get screwed enough during peak. These people pay the bills all year and deserve the same service they in December that they get in July. Maybe just residentials, like if you dr it you have till end of day like savers.

oldngray

nowhere special
slide_249995_1506653_free.gif

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
62.5 hours worked. Nope not a typo. 50-125 stops brought back every night this week. Not to mention the 40+ stops left behind every morning. All trucks brick loaded 100%. It's been a circus and we have heavy hitter mgmt staff descending upon our building. Preload is working an 8-10 hour span, too.

Worst part is the total sense of failure us drivers feel every night. I am ashamed at the total lack of preparation we have displayed. We look like a bunch of clowns, and management is getting punched in the mouth AGAIN.

AKCoverMan

62.5 hours worked. Nope not a typo. 50-125 stops brought back every night this week. Not to mention the 40+ stops left behind every morning. All trucks brick loaded 100%. It's been a circus and we have heavy hitter mgmt staff descending upon our building. Preload is working an 8-10 hour span, too.

Worst part is the total sense of failure us drivers feel every night. I am ashamed at the total lack of preparation we have displayed. We look like a bunch of clowns, and management is getting punched in the mouth AGAIN.

How do you get 62.50? Pesky DOT 60 hour rule....