Week one

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Between 59-60. too tired to look. Its not the number of stops its the big, and heavy, and you cannot move them out of the way. Dining room sets, full body punching bags, with stand, elipticals. (exercise bikes)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
one day when I did not need it, they took some commercial off, it was a good day. Now when I need it, they do not. If I can move, I can deliver. If I am slowed down all day, its a bad day. But Im making lots of dough.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
downloadfile-8.jpeg

platinum9898

oh but don't you just love 4 drawer chests and all??
62.5 hours worked. Nope not a typo. 50-125 stops brought back every night this week. Not to mention the 40+ stops left behind every morning. All trucks brick loaded 100%. It's been a circus and we have heavy hitter mgmt staff descending upon our building. Preload is working an 8-10 hour span, too.

Worst part is the total sense of failure us drivers feel every night. I am ashamed at the total lack of preparation we have displayed. We look like a bunch of clowns, and management is getting punched in the mouth AGAIN.

That's insane...how can management go so un prepared...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Between 59-60. too tired to look. Its not the number of stops its the big, and heavy, and you cannot move them out of the way. Dining room sets, full body punching bags, with stand, elipticals. (exercise bikes)
Delivered a full size stationary bike to a 70+ year old couple last week. Them and the helper both looked at me like are you gonna help. Nope I'm outta here.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Delivered a full size stationary bike to a 70+ year old couple last week. Them and the helper both looked at me like are you gonna help. Nope I'm outta here.
Thats funny. My helper and I rolled this full body Everlast punching bag up to the guys porch, and he is whining.. Hes like 20. I dont know how I will get this in the house...............I fully expected to get it through the door for him til then............I said you better start punching and get strong young man, I could get this in your house..........I went back to the truck, My helper helped him get it in and we laughed our azzes off about how weak people are these days.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thats funny. My helper and I rolled this full body Everlast punching bag up to the guys porch, and he is whining.. Hes like 20. I dont know how I will get this in the house...............I fully expected to get it through the door for him til then............I said you better start punching and get strong young man, I could get this in your house..........I went back to the truck, My helper helped him get it in and we laughed our azzes off about how weak people are these days.
I was in the truck driving away otherwise I would normally help an elderly Person but was already driving away. Plus don't order 150 lbs packages of you're 80 years old and 100 lbs.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I was in the truck driving away otherwise I would normally help an elderly Person but was already driving away. Plus don't order 150 lbs packages of you're 80 years old and 100 lbs.
Don't feel bad ups has made us not help like we used too with guilt feelings . DR means drop and run.

ManInBrown

Geez. Some real horror stories in this thread. 62.5 hours worked. Preload 8-10 hours. Missed stops being brought back every night. My sympathies. Hate to see fellow UPSers struggle. I'm thankful that I work in a center that from the looks of it is totally prepared. Didn't even break 50 this week. Many drivers returning to center around the same time as me every night. Preload wrapped shortly after PCM every day. Really been smooth here so far. And I would expect the same for the rest of peak. Maybe an extra 40-60 stops on car daily from here on out, from what we saw last week. One stop at a time. 15 more days. We'll all make it.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
How do you get 62.50? Pesky DOT 60 hour rule....
You can only DRIVE 60 hours. All of a sudden there's a loophole that mgmt will exploit when necessary. Last peak, many of us ran out of hours around 3p on Friday, and we were sent a car washer or cover guy to drive the rest of the day. We became the helper. I punched out after 12:45a on many a Friday.