Weingarten rights

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
9E5F7EB2-8081-473A-96E7-9C8F75B0B137.jpeg

@barnyard don’t listen to @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U about sneaking in. Come in the office just like this ^^^^

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They haven't changed anything. No extra routes in , no 22.4 drivers. What do they expect?

The company agreed to this language
Well they can’t give me a 7 hour plan
Every day. Blah blah blah. Well then we’re gonna have issues.

When I’m doing 25 stops over what was 9.5 on a rural route 10 years ago and you’re calling it an 8.5 plan. That’s their problem. Not mine.

542thruNthru

What is the correct phrase to use when one thinks they should have a shop steward present??

My plan was this, "I am sorry, I cannot answer that. My supe said that I would not have a job if I did, so I would like to politely decline. If we need to continue this conversation, I would like to request my Weingarten rights and have a shop steward present."

Yes??

Weingarten rights are for any "investigative" questioning that may result in discipline.

As soon as you feel that the meeting you're having is heading towards discipline. Say...

"If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated, or affect my personal working conditions, I respectfully request that my union representative, officer, or steward be present at this meeting. Until my representative arrives, I choose not to participate in this discussion."

You can change it how you want but the main thing is point out that if the discussion can result in discipline you're requesting a shop steward be present.

542thruNthru

Threatening my job is pretty much what I reserve harassment grievances for. They can do or say whatever they want. I really don’t care until they threaten to retaliate by taking my job. Then it’s time to nip it.

We've had guys even call the hotline and report the manager for creating a hostile work environment. :)

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
Weingarten rights are for any "investigative" questioning that may result in discipline.

As soon as you feel that the meeting you're having is heading towards discipline. Say...

"If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated, or affect my personal working conditions, I respectfully request that my union representative, officer, or steward be present at this meeting. Until my representative arrives, I choose not to participate in this discussion."

You can change it how you want but the main thing is point out that if the discussion can result in discipline you're requesting a shop steward be present.

Thank you.

542thruNthru

Because of the threat of being fired for answering a saftey question wrong I would highly recommend filing the grievance.

It should be documented in case your manager does try and follow through.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I will get the ball rolling on that tomorrow.

Thanks to all.
Good luck buddy, don't take no :censored2: from some pencil pusher!

Threatening my job is pretty much what I reserve harassment grievances for. They can do or say whatever they want. I really don’t care until they threaten to retaliate by taking my job. Then it’s time to nip it.
I file anytime I feel harassed. It sends a message not to :censored2: with me, and with the new language, it can lead to quite a nice grievance check.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
It's a respect thing. Always have union rep there. If the sup is trying to discipline you without one present, they're a joke of an management person

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

I think everyone should say this any time management wants to “talk”. Doesn’t matter what it’s about.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It's a respect thing. Always have union rep there. If the sup is trying to discipline you without one present, they're a joke of an management person
Truth. Trying to discipline a union employee without a steward present would be like a cop not reading your Miranda rights when arresting you.

barnyard

KTM rider
I think everyone should say this any time management wants to “talk”. Doesn’t matter what it’s about.

It used to not be that way in my building. The recently retired center manager and the dispatch supe have torched all the goodwill that past supes have built. The driver supes let the dispatch supe run the joint. They are reaping what they have sown.

542thruNthru

Yes I agree but if you run into a smart manager/sup, which yes is rare. He can say No.

Then a member may do or say something that does get him in trouble because he doesn't realize that the sup doesn't have to allow a steward at that time.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Except for the morons that don’t excercise their rights and shoot their own toes off.
Our center manager won't talk to anyone in a closed door meeting without a steward present. He knows the difference between right and wrong (sometimes). I'm pretty sure he's got his ass reamed in the past for pressuring a driver to talk without a steward.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes I agree but if you run into a smart manager/sup, which yes is rare. He can say No.

Then a member may do or say something that does get him in trouble because he doesn't realize that the sup doesn't have to allow a steward at that time.
Then would it stick? Kinda becomes he said she said no?