Weingarten rights

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Good luck buddy, don't take no :censored2: from some pencil pusher!

I file anytime I feel harassed. It sends a message not to :censored2: with me, and with the new language, it can lead to quite a nice grievance check.
I never feel harassed even when they threaten my job on the inside I’m just laughing but I can’t let them think they’re gonna get away with that kind of talk.

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
I never feel harassed even when they threaten my job on the inside I’m just laughing but I can’t let them thing they’re gonna get away with that kind of talk.
True, but if you let them talk that way to you they think they can talk that way to everyone. File and let it be known that they need to treat us with dignity and respect at ALL times.

Brownslave688

Yes I agree but if you run into a smart manager/sup, which yes is rare. He can say No.

Then a member may do or say something that does get him in trouble because he doesn't realize that the sup doesn't have to allow a steward at that time.
How would that even work. If they deny you a steward than they are saying nothing in that convo can be used for future discipline

542thruNthru

How would that even work. If they deny you a steward than they are saying nothing in that convo can be used for future discipline

Yes that's correct. I was more trying to point out that there are people that think they can demand a steward for any conversation a manager/sup has with them. That's not true and some people spout off at the mouth without thinking because they think they are right.

That's when discipline would happen.

Brownslave688

Yes that's correct. I was more trying to point out that there are people that think they can demand a steward for any conversation a manager/sup has with them. That's not true and some people spout off at the mouth without thinking because they think they are right.

That's when discipline would happen.
Gotcha. Yes and some think they can talk to management the way stewards talk to management. Some stewards don’t even realize there is a time they’re considered on equal footing and there are times they are just another employee

542thruNthru

Also a meeting can start off as one thing and change into a investigatory meeting. At that point it's up to the member to invoke his Weingarten rights.

542thruNthru

Gotcha. Yes and some think they can talk to management the way stewards talk to management. Some stewards don’t even realize there is a time they’re considered on equal footing and there are times they are just another employee

Yes, this gets stewards into trouble sometimes. Every Steward and even some members should own or read this book.
61Hy1DE7ZuL._SX363_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Staydryitsraining

I threatened to answer all of the safety questions wrong when the auditors come to our building. I said that if you cannot get my dispatch right, I cannot get your questions right. He said if I got them wrong, I would not have a job.
When the conversation with them is clearly going south I just say ok well go get a steward. Not every time but some of the time they just drop whatever they are about to say. I heard along time ago that you could get in trouble if you messed with the audit but probably just bs. The craziest thing I ever heard someone say to me was if you keep kicking the boxes on the floor to the bottom belt I'll fire you for company sabotage. I laughed in his face said ok get the steward and walked back to the sort aisle.

trickpony1

I heard along time ago that you could get in trouble if you messed with the audit but probably just bs.

It might benefit barnyard to try to make it through the audit without bowing up and being aggressive. Just stutter and stammer your way through the questions. They've never fired anyone for being stupid.

Bowing up to the auditor isn't going to change your dispatch.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Integrity

Binge Poster
In my experience Managers rarely see the Steward as equal.

Integrity

Binge Poster