Well....I had my local level hearing.

Overpaid Union Thug

It does. at the same he's sinister. Notice the way he got the female driver to fabricate a story against our victim. interesting story so far.

His inability to find compassion towards his employees when they have pretty harsh things going on in their lives is enough for me to form my judgement of him.

tieguy

Banned
His inability to find compassion towards his employees when they have pretty harsh things going on in their lives is enough for me to form my judgement of him.

I don't disagree. At the same time i've seen that the attendance problems I have seen usually had some terrific reasons for being attendance problems. So I'm not as quick to rush to judgement.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This story, if true, proves why my theory of walking into work, quietly doing the job, and going home works best. Your UPS life could be a daytime soap.

SWORDFISH

This story, if true, proves why my theory of walking into work, quietly doing the job, and going home works best. Your UPS life could be a daytime soap.

Would be great if it worked that way. What happens you dont get the 8hr request you need 10 times in a row to be somewhere you had to be at?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Obviously that is not his call to make as it is in the contract. Simply grieve it and reference the applicable article.

I just made some popcorn--can't wait for the third chapter.

Sick of Intimidation

Not calling the guy in charge of giving you the 8 hour "Dog breath" would be a good start.

Hey, I didn't wanna puke. It was really that bad. Turns out I was right, he had a bad cavity!! This center manager creates a hostile work enviroment and he is a control freak. I will admit to being a thorn in his side in bringing packages back on an 8 hour after he told me he would fire me. He has threatened me with termination many times and I always call his bluff and have always kept the job. Some drivers are up to there eyeballs in debt and have to take the harassment and intimidation, but i'm the exact opposite and he knows this. I have proven to my other coworkers in calling his bluffs that what he says isn't always the way it has to be and this has put him over the edge. He got the ball rolling of disciplinary action with the complaint made by his pet and he's been building the case ever since the last chance agreement and he now has had the help of my OJS supervisor. We are from a small center so secrets can't really be kept and what i'm saying is agreed upon by most of my coworkers. I will continue the non fiction when I get more time. Everything i've disclosed is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, can I hear an amen!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think the answer sober gives is offensive. In the process whether intended or not he lumps you and me into that offensive discription....

Not true.

My exact words were...."the desk-jockeys and paper wranglers who are on your ass"

If a person chooses to lump themselves into that category, that is their deal not mine.

Such a person is choosing to be offended by a comment that was not directed at them and had nothing to do with them.

And such persons can choose whether or not to read posts that are copied and find their way around that persons supposed "ignore" list.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey, I didn't wanna puke. It was really that bad. Turns out I was right, he had a bad cavity!! This center manager creates a hostile work enviroment and he is a control freak. I will admit to being a thorn in his side in bringing packages back on an 8 hour after he told me he would fire me. He has threatened me with termination many times and I always call his bluff and have always kept the job. Some drivers are up to there eyeballs in debt and have to take the harassment and intimidation, but i'm the exact opposite and he knows this. I have proven to my other coworkers in calling his bluffs that what he says isn't always the way it has to be and this has put him over the edge. He got the ball rolling of disciplinary action with the complaint made by his pet and he's been building the case ever since the last chance agreement and he now has had the help of my OJS supervisor. We are from a small center so secrets can't really be kept and what i'm saying is agreed upon by most of my coworkers. I will continue the non fiction when I get more time. Everything i've disclosed is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, can I hear an amen!!!

The third chapter was a let down.

The Milkman

Try to keep a few things in perspective;

(a) The desk-jockeys and paper-wranglers who are on your ass could not possibly live up to the expectations that they are trying to place upon you. They do what they do because they cant do what you do.

(b) They have to justify their jobs. You dont.

(c) At the end of the day, you can look in the mirror and know that you busted your ass and gave 100% for your customers and your company. What to they get to look at in the mirror at the end of the day?

(d) You dont have to screw people over for a living. The softest pillow you can possibly sleep on at night is a clean conscience.

(e) You are the backbone of the company. They are warts on the sphincter.

Once you can embrace these concepts, you can stop being angry at them.... and start feeling sorry for them.

I agree with you 100 % on EVERYTHING you posted..:peaceful::peaceful:

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Yeah, but it's bound to pick up again. I say we stay tuned.

I seriously can't wait. I am the guy that stands outside our CMs office and asks, "What happened?" the second someone walks out of there. I am the ONE who is worse that a 12 year old girl. Like sand through an hour glass, so are the "pieces" through our days.:happy-very:

RoyalFlush

One of Them
. I will admit to being a thorn in his side in bringing packages back on an 8 hour after he told me he would fire me. He has threatened me with termination many times and I always call his bluff and have always kept the job. Some drivers are up to there eyeballs in debt and have to take the harassment and intimidation, but i'm the exact opposite and he knows this. I have proven to my other coworkers in calling his bluffs that what he says isn't always the way it has to be and this has put him over the edge.

Sounds like you really showed him who's in charge. Pissing off (repeatedly) the person who has the ability to fire you is about as smart as cussing out a cop. You lose and they get a kick out of the victory. The center manager may be a jerk, but he's still the jerk in charge. What good could possibly come out constantly being a thorn in his side? Unfortunately for you, it sounds like they have a pretty good case. You have admitted to attendance, insobordination, and production problems as well as dishonesty. All they need to do is print your posts and present it as your testimony.