Well....I had my local level hearing.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hoax,

I know that you are a witty, funny and happy-go-lucky guy. I think that is great and has served you well.

In this case however, Tie is right......

Without knowing a single fact in the case, posts were made accusing management of wrongdoing. He is right that at some level, that is an attack on you and me.

I have thick skin and don't really care. Actually, I find it interesting that posters do exactly what they accuse management of doing.

P-Man

All we ever have, in regards to any post, is the hope that the information is the truth, yes?
Seriously, how often do we know for sure, in instances like these?
When are we ever presented with indisputable facts?
We conclude that, in most cases, that the poster is question believes they are posting the truth, or not?
At this juncture, the choice is either to be on point, or on counterpoint.
Without these assumptions isn't this forum pointless?
So at this point, I find myself redundant in pointing out that your post was unnecessary.

I'm going to stop drinking now.

Sick of Intimidation

I hope I'm wrong, but then again it might be the best case scenario now, the outcome of the local level hearing is obvious.
Back to work, time served.

P.S. One thing that doesn't add up and makes this whole story BS is this. Who, at UPS, or any other union shop, has been fired over the phone while on vacation, without a union steward? Am I the only one who caught that?

Hi Bubblehead, I was, indeed, terminated over the phone on the last day of my vacation. Later at the local level hearing, the company actually apologized to me for doing it that way and explained to me that it was because of contractual obligations and following procedures. If they'd waited until the following Monday, it would've been too late for them to take disciplinary action.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hoax,

I know that you are a witty, funny and happy-go-lucky guy. I think that is great and has served you well.

In this case however, Tie is right......

Without knowing a single fact in the case, posts were made accusing management of wrongdoing. He is right that at some level, that is an attack on you and me.

I have thick skin and don't really care. Actually, I find it interesting that posters do exactly what they accuse management of doing.

P-Man
You already said this. The only reason i would get upset with someone posting stuff like sober does, is if I was one of the coniving mgmt people he refers to. Other than this it makes for entertaining reading and that's all.

SWORDFISH

Dont be discouraged just stay away from the center manager. My center manager and I almost never speak and Im a steward. Also if your going to call them out on things use alot of disgression. Your actually better off if you want to call them out, do it w/ out them around. I wouldnt express to them how you really feel about them ever again. Dont worry about what people say either because if you havent been through bad harassment you wont understand or believe. I also agree w/ STUG. You gotta throw off the glasses rip off the shirt and show off the big "S" on your chest inspite of all this crap(no Clark Kents allowed) because it does get worse than what you described. The shop steward before me got fired 8 times. Hes happily retired now.

SWORDFISH

You already said this. The only reason i would get upset with someone posting stuff like sober does, is if I was one of the coniving mgmt people he refers to. Other than this it makes for entertaining reading and that's all.

+1 Thats what I was asking Tie lady earlier but I think I made the ignore list so he didnt respond.

Sick of Intimidation

Dont be discouraged just stay away from the center manager. My center manager and I almost never speak and Im a steward. Also if your going to call them out on things use alot of disgression. Your actually better off if you want to call them out, do it w/ out them around. I wouldnt express to them how you really feel about them ever again. Dont worry about what people say either because if you havent been through bad harassment you wont understand or believe. I also agree w/ STUG. You gotta throw off the glasses rip off the shirt and show off the big "S" on your chest inspite of all this crap(no Clark Kents allowed) because it does get worse than what you described. The shop steward before me got fired 8 times. Hes happily retired now.

I agree that I should let things ride more and that's even if I get my job back at the panel. I won't let the opinions of others on this forum to get to me. Actually that's why i'm posting my story here, to get opinions from both sides of the fence and will appreciate opinions whether they are how I feel or not. I didn't post the story to be attacked or called a liar. I'm putting it all out there for everyone to read and form opinions of the situation and if they don't like me as a result, so be it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hi Bubblehead, I was, indeed, terminated over the phone on the last day of my vacation. Later at the local level hearing, the company actually apologized to me for doing it that way and explained to me that it was because of contractual obligations and following procedures. If they'd waited until the following Monday, it would've been too late for them to take disciplinary action.

What was your BA response at said local level hearing?
The answer here will tell me whether this thread is BS or not.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
I agree that I should let things ride more and that's even if I get my job back at the panel. I won't let the opinions of others on this forum to get to me. Actually that's why i'm posting my story here, to get opinions from both sides of the fence and will appreciate opinions whether they are how I feel or not. I didn't post the story to be attacked or called a liar. I'm putting it all out there for everyone to read and form opinions of the situation and if they don't like me as a result, so be it.

all water under the bridge. sounds like you've put a lot of thought into the whole affair.

Sick of Intimidation

Okay. back to the story. So I get my job back and the company and I agree that it is time to maybe get some counseling to deal with everything i've been through. So, I start seeing a counselor and feel it's best to not return to work for awhile to get some things figured out. I've learned a lot throughout my visits and appreciate the 6 free visits the company provides for us. So I go back to work at the beginning of February. Most of my coworkers came up to me and shook my hand and welcomed me back and told me that they felt I was treated unfairly, but they're glad I was back. I wasn't back a week til I found out that the center manager's little pet had went off the road and went into the ditch with her package car and bent the bumper in all the way in almost to the tire. She didn't report it, but instead had called the bid driver she was covering for and asked if there was any farmer in the area that could come pull her out of the ditch with a tractor. The bid driver provided her with a farmer in the area that would come to pull her out. I guess she finally reported it to our center manager on her way in to punch out and he immediately told her to pull the truck into the shop and called the mechanic in early to fix the bumper. There was nothing written up on the DVIR. I guess our center manager wrote it up as a stuck and not an accident and that the damage to the package car was a result from the farmer pulling the vehicle out of the ditch. The bid driver on the route caught wind of this and followed up with the farmer to get the right story. The farmer told the bid driver that she hadn't gotten stuck, and that she had actually lossed control and went off into the ditch and hit a telephone pole with the front, drivers side bumper, bending it in almost to the tire. It only makes sense since how would you bend a front bumper in pulling the vehicle out. But somehow, our center manager wrote it up that somehow the farmer had defied the laws of physics and the bumper was bent in when he pulled the car out of the ditch with his tractor, thus eliminating an accident from our center, thus making our center look better. Another driver had backed over a mailbox while I was off and nothing ever was written up about that either. Rumor had it that our center manager paid for the mailbox out of his own pocket, thus eliminating another accident charge to our center. It only makes sense since the driver that backed over the mailbox received a safe driving award a couple months later. All of us were like, huh? How does a driver receive such an award when he just took out a mailbox a few months ago????? Anyway, I was back on my route and everything was going great. It felt good to be back in the saddle again, even though the hours suck!! The only crap my center manager gave me at first was that while I was off, the cover drivers doing my route didn't have any problem running a 1/2 hour over or better so why was I repeatedly a 1/2 hour to an hour over consistently. My answer was that at least i'm consistent and that my customers had told me that the young guys filling in for me were runners and gunners and didn't provide the service that i'm accustomed to. I worked my route for a few more weeks until a bid coverage spot opened up. My older coworkers in my bld'g advised me that I should bid on this position. I was like I don't know, since the center manager's little pet is the senior employee in that group and if I bid on it, I would be the senior employee in that group and that might look bad if I do this to her, like i'm getting back at her for lying about me before. I thought about it for a few days and after much persuasion, I chose to bid on the job. I had decided it was time for a new beginning and since I had performed the Porter and Am clerk positions before, it would be nice to be able to do these gravy jobs for 14 weeks a year while the bid guys were on vacation. That wasn't gonna be the case. I tried to bid on the clerk job and my center manager wouldn't let me do it even though I had done the job many many times previously. He told me that a lot had changed since the last time i'd done it and that his pet would be the one covering the job. I told him that i'd already talked with the clerk and this person had told me that hardly anything had changed since the last time i'd done the job and that it would only take a few minutes to refresh me with the system and show me the few changes that had taken place. The center manager didn't wanna hear it and his answer was why should I spend extra money on training you when I already have other people trained. My answer was that I understand that he was looking at it from a business standpoint, but it is what it is and that since i'm the senior employee in the work group, I wouldappreciate it if he would let me do it. Nope, go ahead and grieve it, by the time we hear the greivance you won't be able to do it this year anyway, maybe next year and he just snickered. I then brought my steward into it and he started confronting the center manager weekly on getting me trained. The last time we met with him, he had denied saying he would use the grievance process to delay me doing the job which pissed me off quite a bit and I ended up telling him, whatever, this is BS and walked away.

A couple of days later I was covering a route and i'll be damned if I wasn't carrying a couple of packages up to the garage when a beagle jumped out from underneath a truck and nailed me twice, biting my calf and scratching my knee. I wasn't aware that these people had a dog and I was actually correct. The old man told me he was dog-sitting for his daughters dog while she was honeymooning. The dog had been inside when I pulled in, but while I was parked and getting his packages from the back, the dog had gotten passed him when he opened the door and ran out and hid underneath the truck. The old man went on to say that the dog was dumb as a rock and hates UPS drivers. The dog doesn't have a problem with the Fed Ex guy or the propane guy, but hates UPS drivers. I asked him what the dogs name was and he told me it's name was Paully. I reported the incident immediately to the office. The center manager didn't ask me if I was ok or anything. All he asked me was if it punctured my skin and would I have to miss time. That reinforced my idea that all he is concerned about is himself and the centers numbers and whether or not it would be a lossed time injury. I ended up taking my break and cleaning the wound and then I finished my deliveries. Returned to the center and my sup asked me if I would consider waiting to have the wound checked out until the next morning and that if I went to the emergency room that night, I would more than likely have to wait 2-3 hours before I was treated. I agreed and that I would come in early the next morning and report it to UPS's insurance company online and then do a UPS prevention report before going to the company doctor. The next morning I show up and all we did was a UPS injury prevention report online. When I asked if we were gonna report the dog bite to Liberty Mutual, my sup. told me we just did. I'm like, well where is my claim number. He said we'll get you that later. We then went to the clinic to see the co. dr. We didn't get there until 8:15 so I knew there was no way I was gonna get treated and back to the center in time to do my route, so my sup who met me at the clinic called our center manager telling him the news. I heard our center manager tell my sup that I had to get back to do my route or if I didn't do my route we had to have me do something at the center to get some time in so it wouldn't be a lossed time injury. My sup then mysteriously asked if he could talk with the co. dr. even though we weren't gonna be seen for probably another 1/2 hour. Next thing I know, my sup is called in. When he returned 5 minutes later, I asked him why he needed to talk with the doctor so bad and he answers that he needed to ask her a few questions about adjusting his medicine he was taking. Sounded fishy. When I eventually got in to see the dr. I asked her what the sup had asked her. She told me that he was telling her what had happened to me and that they needed me to be released for full duty asap if at all possible. I asked her if he'd asked her anything about his personal health or medicine and she said no, he just wanted to be proactive with your treatment and release. Later I confronted him about this and explained to him that he needn't lie to me anymore and that at UPS we are supposed to be honest with one another and create an enviroment of openess and trust. It pissed him off that i'd caught him in a lie. Kind of funny that just a few days later i'm receiving a performance ride with this same OJS. He initially had told me that he was riding with another driver, so I left and started my route. When I arrived at my first big dump stop, I get a text from the center that I needed to wait for him. I replied that I was confused and that he'd told me he was riding with another driver, but I would wait for him. The next thing I know he's running into Meijers store, all red in the face, and confronted me while I was obtaining a signature at the Pharmacy. Why did you leave me? I replied that "you told me you were riding with Stu" He says, no, I told you I was riding with you, but we were standing next to a loud truck when I told you this so no, honest mistake, no big deal. Well this OJS who i'd just caught in the lie a few days earlier is a real stickler on the car with ya. He's always talking about how afraid he is that he's gonna be one the positions eliminated so we need to fly and hurry up and get done and make scratch. I told him that this was the biggest dispatch i'd seen on this route and that not only did we have a lot of stops, but we had a lot of miles with some ripper air. He was like well...i've gotta be done by 6pm, i've got stuff to do......

brownrod

I actually has substance. I think i'm a genuinely good person like most UPSer's are, who would give a person the shirt off my back and do whatever it takes to take care of my customers. I have to admit, this really has me down:sad-little:.

Well that's your first mistake. UPS does not care about their customers. If you perform this job with the notion that customer service matters then you are setting yourself up for failure.

Your job is to deliver your packages in the least amount of time as possible. This is all UPS cares about. The end.

brownrod

I think the answer sober gives is offensive. In the process whether intended or not he lumps you and me into that offensive discription. If you're going to agree with sober that you are a sphinctoid then at least do me the favor as a moderator here and do not copy the post so I don't have to read it.

there is one individual in that guys world that sounds like he is a real idiot. Instead of sober directing his comments at that one idiot he directs it at all of us.

If I had made similar comments here about sober my posts would either have been deleted or I would have recieved one of those special site reprimmands that stays with my profile forever. Or both.

And you guys wonder why I put the idiot on ignore.

You are a feeder manager. You are too far removed from the reality that sober and I live to realize how true sobers words are.
Your experience and opinions as a feeder manager do not hold much weight around here.

brownrod

Word of advice to the OP.

I haven't been here anywhere near 17 years... But I know how to play their game.
Never talk to management. If they talk to you then you say the least amount of worlds necessary to answer their question.
Leave your personal life out of the job. They don't care.
Work as directed. If they deny you an 8 hour request go through the union and grievence process. You cannot refuse to work after 8 hours just because you don't want to. A lot of times you simply have to put up with their BS. Don't say anything. Talk to your steward if you have a problem.

You talk too much. YOu need to learn how to shut up. All this could be avoided if you kept quiet.
No wonder management has a problem with you. You give them your opinion. Management never has and never will want the opinion of a lowly driver. Realize this. Collect your paycheck and go home.

satellitedriver

Okay. back to the story. So I get my job back and the company and I agree that it is time to maybe get some counseling to deal with everything i've been through. So, I start seeing a counselor and feel it's best to not return to work for awhile to get some things figured out. I've learned a lot throughout my visits and appreciate the 6 free visits the company provides for us. So I go back to work at the beginning of February. Most of my coworkers came up to me and shook my hand and welcomed me back and told me that they felt I was treated unfairly, but they're glad I was back. I wasn't back a week til I found out that the center manager's little pet had went off the road and went into the ditch with her package car and bent the bumper in all the way in almost to the tire. She didn't report it, but instead had called the bid driver she was covering for and asked if there was any farmer in the area that could come pull her out of the ditch with a tractor. The bid driver provided her with a farmer in the area that would come to pull her out. I guess she finally reported it to our center manager on her way in to punch out and he immediately told her to pull the truck into the shop and called the mechanic in early to fix the bumper. There was nothing written up on the DVIR. I guess our center manager wrote it up as a stuck and not an accident and that the damage to the package car was a result from the farmer pulling the vehicle out of the ditch. But somehow, our center manager wrote it up that somehow the farmer had defied the laws of physics and the bumper was bent in when he pulled the car out of the ditch with his tractor, thus eliminating an accident from our center, thus making our center look better. Another driver had backed over a mailbox while I was off and nothing ever was written up about that either. Rumor had it that our center manager paid for the mailbox out of his own pocket, thus eliminating another accident charge to our center. It only makes sense since the driver that backed over the mailbox received a safe driving award a couple months later. All of us were like, huh? How does a driver receive such an award when he just took out a mailbox a few months ago????? Anyway, I was back on my route and everything was going great. It felt good to be back in the saddle again, even though the hours suck!! The only crap my center manager gave me at first was that while I was off, the cover drivers doing my route didn't have any problem running a 1/2 hour over or better so why was I repeatedly a 1/2 hour to an hour over consistently. My answer was that at least i'm consistent and that my customers had told me that the young guys filling in for me were runners and gunners and didn't provide the service that i'm accustomed to. I worked my route for a few more weeks until a bid coverage spot opened up. My older coworkers in my bld'g advised me that I should bid on this position. I was like I don't know, since the center manager's little pet is the senior employee in that group and if I bid on it, I would be the senior employee in that group and that might look bad if I do this to her, like i'm getting back at her for lying about me before. I thought about it for a few days and after much persuasion, I chose to bid on the job. I had decided it was time for a new beginning and since I had performed the Porter and Am clerk positions before, it would be nice to be able to do these gravy jobs for 14 weeks a year while the bid guys were on vacation. That wasn't gonna be the case. I tried to bid on the clerk job and my center manager wouldn't let me do it even though I had done the job many many times previously. He told me that a lot had changed since the last time i'd done it and that his pet would be the one covering the job. I told him that i'd already talked with the clerk and this person had told me that hardly anything had changed since the last time i'd done the job and that it would only take a few minutes to refresh me with the system and show me the few changes that had taken place. The center manager didn't wanna hear it and his answer was why should I spend extra money on training you when I already have other people trained. My answer was that I understand that he was looking at it from a business standpoint, but it is what it is and that since i'm the senior employee in the work group, I wouldappreciate it if he would let me do it. Nope, go ahead and grieve it, by the time we hear the greivance you won't be able to do it this year anyway, maybe next year and he just snickered. I then brought my steward into it and he started confronting the center manager weekly on getting me trained. The last time we met with him, he had denied saying he would use the grievance process to delay me doing the job which pissed me off quite a bit and I ended up telling him, whatever, this is BS and walked away.

A couple of days later I was covering a route and i'll be damned if I wasn't carrying a couple of packages up to the garage when a beagle jumped out from underneath a truck and nailed me twice, biting my calf and scratching my knee. I wasn't aware that these people had a dog and I was actually correct. The old man told me he was dog-sitting for his daughters dog while she was honeymooning. The dog had been inside when I pulled in, but while I was parked and getting his packages from the back, the dog had gotten passed him when he opened the door and ran out and hid underneath the truck. The old man went on to say that the dog was dumb as a rock and hates UPS drivers. The dog doesn't have a problem with the Fed Ex guy or the propane guy, but hates UPS drivers. I asked him what the dogs name was and he told me it's name was Paully. I reported the incident immediately to the office. The center manager didn't ask me if I was ok or anything. All he asked me was if it punctured my skin and would I have to miss time. That reinforced my idea that all he is concerned about is himself and the centers numbers and whether or not it would be a lossed time injury. I ended up taking my break and cleaning the wound and then I finished my deliveries. Returned to the center and my sup asked me if I would consider waiting to have the wound checked out until the next morning and that if I went to the emergency room that night, I would more than likely have to wait 2-3 hours before I was treated. I agreed and that I would come in early the next morning and report it to UPS's insurance company online and then do a UPS prevention report before going to the company doctor. The next morning I show up and all we did was a UPS injury prevention report online. When I asked if we were gonna report the dog bite to Liberty Mutual, my sup. told me we just did. I'm like, well where is my claim number. He said we'll get you that later. We then went to the clinic to see the co. dr. We didn't get there until 8:15 so I knew there was no way I was gonna get treated and back to the center in time to do my route, so my sup who met me at the clinic called our center manager telling him the news. I heard our center manager tell my sup that I had to get back to do my route or if I didn't do my route we had to have me do something at the center to get some time in so it wouldn't be a lossed time injury. My sup then mysteriously asked if he could talk with the co. dr. even though we weren't gonna be seen for probably another 1/2 hour. Next thing I know, my sup is called in. When he returned 5 minutes later, I asked him why he needed to talk with the doctor so bad and he answers that he needed to ask her a few questions about adjusting his medicine he was taking. Sounded fishy. When I eventually got in to see the dr. I asked her what the sup had asked her. She told me that he was telling her what had happened to me and that they needed me to be released for full duty asap if at all possible. I asked her if he'd asked her anything about his personal health or medicine and she said no, he just wanted to be proactive with your treatment and release. Later I confronted him about this and explained to him that he needn't lie to me anymore and that at UPS we are supposed to be honest with one another and create an enviroment of openess and trust. It pissed him off that i'd caught him in a lie. Kind of funny that just a few days later i'm receiving a performance ride with this same OJS. He initially had told me that he was riding with another driver, so I left and started my route. When I arrived at my first big dump stop, I get a text from the center that I needed to wait for him. I replied that I was confused and that he'd told me he was riding with another driver, but I would wait for him. The next thing I know he's running into Meijers store, all red in the face, and confronted me while I was obtaining a signature at the Pharmacy. Why did you leave me? I replied that "you told me you were riding with Stu" He says, no, I told you I was riding with you, but we were standing next to a loud truck when I told you this so no, honest mistake, no big deal. Well this OJS who i'd just caught in the lie a few days earlier is a real stickler on the car with ya. He's always talking about how afraid he is that he's gonna be one the positions eliminated so we need to fly and hurry up and get done and make scratch. I told him that this was the biggest dispatch i'd seen on this route and that not only did we have a lot of stops, but we had a lot of miles with some ripper air. He was like well...i've gotta be done by 6pm, i've got stuff to do......

Too many excuses,
too much,
B lowing S moke.
Bogus starts with a b and ends in with an s ,for a reason.

brownrod

Hey, I didn't wanna puke. It was really that bad. Turns out I was right, he had a bad cavity!! This center manager creates a hostile work enviroment and he is a control freak. I will admit to being a thorn in his side in bringing packages back on an 8 hour after he told me he would fire me. He has threatened me with termination many times and I always call his bluff and have always kept the job. Some drivers are up to there eyeballs in debt and have to take the harassment and intimidation, but i'm the exact opposite and he knows this. I have proven to my other coworkers in calling his bluffs that what he says isn't always the way it has to be and this has put him over the edge. He got the ball rolling of disciplinary action with the complaint made by his pet and he's been building the case ever since the last chance agreement and he now has had the help of my OJS supervisor. We are from a small center so secrets can't really be kept and what i'm saying is agreed upon by most of my coworkers. I will continue the non fiction when I get more time. Everything i've disclosed is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, can I hear an amen!!!

If they don't get you with this they will get you with something. I don't see how you can be so proud of being a thorn in managements back. And then want them to care about your personal life???

You clearly need to look in the mirror. If all the stuff you are saying is true then you sound almost as bad as management.

Just shut up and do your job. With the mouth that you have you don't want to alienate yourself from the union too.

Sick of Intimidation

I told him that i'd love to be done as well, but it simply wasn't gonna happen. I told him that it would be more like 1930-2000. He said no way, but we'll see. I asked him about my claim number from the dog bite and told him that we, my steward and I, had confronted the center manager twice now about the claim number and that he still hadn't provided it. He told me that he would get it for me.

I need to go back in time a bit. After I was released from the clinic, a few days later the sup. confronted me with an injury prevention report(IPR). He explained that they were gonna put me up in front of all the drivers to give a short synopsis on how to prevent dog bites. I feel it's the company's way of humiliating a man in front of his peers, but I don't get embarassed very easily, so I agreed and specifically asked him when I would be doing this. He said he didn't know, but it would be probably in the next few days. So I came into work the next morning. My center manager starts the PCM and then says we had a dog bite the other day and we are gonna have (me) give a pcm on how to prevent dog bites. Now in the past, if a man has to give a PCM, the center manager would come up to the man and give him notice that it was gonna be that day, but since it was me, he put me on the spot without any notice. No big deal, I got up in front of everyone and told them that our center manager wanted me to tell them how to prevent dog bites, and we all know what signs to look for when approaching a stop but since this guy was just dogsitting, there weren't any signs of a dog and went on to tell them that I didn't know how to prevent a dog hiding underneath a truck from jumping out and biting you. One of my coworkers raised their hand and asked me what kind of dog it was and I answered, " it was an overweight 40lb beagle, and that the old man told me it was dumb as a rock and hates UPS drivers, and that, ironically, the dogs name was Paully. Everyone busted out laughing because our center manager's name is, you guessed it, very close to the name Paully. My center manager even laughed and thought it was funny until later on down the road when I get fired. Then all of a sudden it wasn't funny and he tells the labor guys that it hurt his feelings.

Anyhoo, back to the OJS ride. I had an air at a John Deere tractor dealership and I know most of the people their. It's a very friendly atmosphere and they like to joke around with me when I come in. So when one of the employees see's that my sup. is with me, he decides to say man, sure is nice to have an early delivery for once with a big smile on his face. I replied "well I have an air for you today, that's why i'm early. I wish I could be early everyday, but I just can't." He replies "I understand" I reply "although you know, the bigger the discount on a tractor, the earlier the delivery time with a big smile on my face." He replies smiling"maybe we could work something out". I reply "no, i'm just kidding." He replies, " I know". We leave to continue delivering. We have a NDA sig. req'd quite a few miles away. We get there, but it's a NI1. We continue delivering and the OJS can start to see that I was telling the truth about it being a long day, so he starts his tricks to speed a driver up by taking his master bulkhead door key off his ring and leaving it in the lock and turned eliminating a few seconds at each stop from messing around with our stubborn lock on this paticular car. I kindly removed it and reminded him that we are a locked car district and handed his key back to him. He then started grabbing the diad out of the slot for me and opening doors at businesses for me, anything to save a few seconds here and there. He then starts to ask me safety questions while we're driving and I asked him whether this was a performance ride or safety ride and his answer was both. It's what we call a blended ride-safety and performance. I told him, i'd never heard of such a ride and wasn't comfortable answering safety questions while being focused on performance and that i'm not refusing to answer the safety questions and would be glad to stop the car and answer any questions if we code it off for safety. He then tried to get me to stop bagging packages at houses with no porches or just a 5" overhang. I told him that he was ordering me to do things against my methods. His answer was that it's not supposed to rain today, so not to bag the pkg's. I replied that I didn't know whether these people were on vacation or not, but he gave me a direct order to stop bagging pkg's. I complied. We then received a text msg. that the lady had called to have the NDA sig. req'd package will called. I then told my sup that the loop takes us right by her house again and that we had a delivery right down the road from her house so we should make another attempt. He said no, i've had enough, we just need to finish our stops and get done. I was like c'mon, this is our premium service here. It's from Verizon so it's probably her cell phone or something. She lives approximately 25 miles from our center, so that's 50 miles round trip, so let's save her a trip. He said no, she called to have it held so thats what she wants. I told him, look lets be reasonable, if her car is in the drive, let's stop, if not lets drive on by. He goes ballistic and starts screaming at me, saying no, i've had enough lets just finish and go back, I wanna get done. I was like, i'll tell you what, i'll take a couple minutes of my lunch to reattempt the package if her car is in the drive. He says hey, if you wanna do it that way, go ahead. So we pull into this womans drive, I shut the truck off, grab the diad board and punch out, open the door, grab the package, we both get out of the truck, and the girl runs out of her house saying, thank you, thank you so much for bringing that back to me, it's my phone and I needed it for tonight. You wouldn't believe what the sup said. He tells her, no problem, we were driving back by your house and wanted to save you a trip into town!!!! She thanked us again while I just looked at him, like you lying son of a bitch. It didn't bother me that he took the credit for it and I didn't say a word to the customer because that would've been unprofessional, I just went back to the truck and punched back in and kept my mouth shut. We got back on the road and he grabbed my diad board to check to see if I actually punched out to make the delivery. All of sudden he goes ballistic again saying, you only punched out for a minute and you told me you'd take a couple. I told him, I know what I said, but I punched out when I shut the truck off and when we got back in the truck I hit time on the diad board. I didn't even look to see how long it took. He said so you're trying to steal a minute from me. I said you're not serious. Sometimes it's hard to tell if this guy is serious or joking. I'm serious, you're going back on your word and stealing a minute from me. I was like, geez, man are really this upset over a minute. He went on and on and on ranting and raving like a child throwing a tantrum about 60 seconds. I finally said, forget it, quit yelling, let's just stop talking about it. He actually agreed....

Sick of Intimidation

At 1800, he asked me how long it would take to finish the 15 stops we had left. I told him an hour and a half and not to forget that I still had my paid break left. He said, no way it's gonna take 1.5hrs. I told him that the stuff we had left is 10 sph so if we had 15 stops left, that it's gonna take about an hour and a half. He said we'll see and asked me if i'd take my break back at the bld'g. I told him i'd consider it, but I don't really like taking my 10 minute paid break at the center. So it took us an hour and 20 minutes to finish those last 15. At my last stop he gets his GPS out and enters the center to see if i'm gonna run my miles up. There are 3 ways back to the center and there all within a mile of one another. I told him I decided to take my break on road, so he gets pissed again, and says _uck, if ur gonna take it then at least take me to a party store so I can get a pop. I'm like no problem. So i'm driving along and all of a sudden he says to me, why the hell are you going this way, my gps says to turn left here? I tell him that either way is the same and I was going to turn left until you told me you wanted a pop. Now i'm going straight to take you to 7/11. He then says just disregard what I said and don't go out of your way for me. I tell him it's not going out of my way and that I wan't something to drink too and then we have to fuel up the truck after break. We get to 7/11, I go to grab my wallet and there is an NDA we had picked up about 7 hours earlier that we'd both forgotten about, so I tell him we gotta go catch the air shuttle. I ask him if we can go drop the letter off and then go up to the fuel station 200 yards away from our center, fuel up, and then take my break. I go on to explain to him that I have to fuel up at night on this route because my biggest stop of the day is my first stop and that after i'm done with that stop, if I have to get fuel, that will only leave me 30-45 minutes to deliver my 10;30 air. He told me yes, no problem, sounds like a plan. We get back to our center and i've got the NDA letter on the dash, so I just opened my window and handed the letter to a car washer and while my arm is out the window, the sup reaches over and shuts the truck off and pulls my keys. I was like what are you doing? He says the plan has changed. He gets out and calls a pt sup over. The pt sup comes over and my OJS says I want you to witness me giving him a direct order to back his truck into the bld'g, take his break on road, then put in his RTB time after his break is up and then punch out. I was like you've got to be kidding me, you're trying to shave time from me by keeping me from fueling my truck after I just explained to you why it's so important to fuel up at night on this route. He hands me the keys and tells me to back the truck into the bldg. I'm about 40-50 feet away from my normal spot so I wasn't gonna unecessarily back up that far, so I went forward, pulled out around 2 parked cars in the lot and pulled back in so I could do my sight-side back, I then backed my car into the bld'g and shut it off and punched out for break. I ended up going to take a piss and when I came back out, my steward pulled in from his route. I still had several minutes of break left, so I went out to ask him if the sup could order me to not get fuel when our center manager always tells us to fuel up at night. He told me yes and that the sup is just a dick when he's on a performance ride, trust me, i've had plenty from him. All of a sudden, the sup comes out and tells me my break is up, I look at my diad and it shows I have a minute left, so tell him I have aminute left. He then gets all red in the face and tells my steward that were gonna have a talk. My break was up so I go back in the center and during the 10 min. break a car washer had backed in a car right next to the passenger side of my car. I hadn't yet post tripped my truck so I jumped in the drivers seat to get my dvir, and I started the truck so I could pull to the left a little bit so i'd be able to give the passenger side a lookover. When I started truck, the OJS lossed it and when say lossed it, I mean lossed it. He came running up to me screaming saying SHUT THE TRUCK OFF, SHUT THE ****ING TRUCK OFF. I TOLD YOU YOU WERE NOT TO GO FUEL UP. I said calm down man, explaining to him why I was gonna move the truck for my post trip. He says YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO POST TRIP YOUR TRUCK AT YOUR LAST STOP OR WHILE YOU'RE FUELING YOUR CAR. My steward came running after hearing him screaming at me. I kept my cool and just said, you wouldn't let mefuel up and that's when I usually do my post trip. I filled out my dvir, exited the truck and we walked down to our turn in counter where I filled out my turn in envelope while he was right in my ear yelling at me to hurry up and punch out. I complied, punched out and left.

I come to work the next morning and saw that we had ran just under an hour over. Went out and did my route and had a great day. Came back to work the next day and got pulled in the office and terminated again for article 17 (i).....