Well, Maybe This Is Why You Didn't Get Your Christmas Gifts

quad decade guy

To be completely honest, this is unacceptable. They have a paper trail of the last person to touch that trailer even if it was a coyote. When the trailer never showed up to it’s ending location, they should have been trying to contact that driver and if no contact could be made then they could have given police a full name and CDL drivers license number along with a company name to go find. This is embarrassing it took this long.
Oh?

You meant to say "that they know of"

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Look on this MECZ you can see the solar charger right below the Triple Crown. I was told that was for the tracking device to keep it charged. I suppose I could have been lied to.
Nope, you’re exactly right that’s what that box is. If you don’t see the black box, it can’t be traced. I didn’t know we were putting those on anything other than grey boxes, this is news to me.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Nope, you’re exactly right that’s what that box is. If you don’t see the black box, it can’t be traced. I didn’t know we were putting those on anything other than grey boxes, this is news to me.
They are on everything. Every piece of equipment. Dollies. Containers. Rentals. Everything

RMR46

How in the hell could they be missing for months? Jesus our preload manager was calling dispatch when one of our trailers was a 1/2 hr late. Pretty sure all of UPS equipment is GPS tracked too.
I guess there not that would be a expence

Trucker Clock

Maybe it was dumped by a gypsy? I'm sure the ups tractors are tracked but not the trailers.

Our trailers are trackable. The one on the right is one of our triple Z's. Definitely trackable, unless disabled by the thieves. The one on the left is a rental. Might not be trackable by us.

trailer.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How in the hell could they be missing for months? Jesus our preload manager was calling dispatch when one of our trailers was a 1/2 hr late. Pretty sure all of UPS equipment is GPS tracked too.
Those gps units on the trailers are at best marginal… I’ve seen so many of those on the outside of trailers not attached and hanging from the cord. Wouldn’t take much to get up there and cut the wires, and I’m not sure if that would kill the gos signal or if there is something else internally that makes that thing work

Coldworld

60 months and counting
To be completely honest, this is unacceptable. They have a paper trail of the last person to touch that trailer even if it was a coyote. When the trailer never showed up to it’s ending location, they should have been trying to contact that driver and if no contact could be made then they could have given police a full name and CDL drivers license number along with a company name to go find. This is embarrassing it took this long.
Cost of doing business…with Gypos.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I feel like I have to get a tetanus shot just reading that.
Dude, those trailers are the worst…rusted out frames…swing doors that are rotted and won’t shut properly…landing gears that are jacked… lol.. you know what I’m saying!!

Yeet

Dude, those trailers are the worst…rusted out frames…swing doors that are rotted and won’t shut properly…landing gears that are jacked… lol.. you know what I’m saying!!
I know exactly what you’re saying. I had a trailer mechanic recently tell me that we needed to get union stewards involved and refuse to pull a rusted out trailer since it’s illegal. If we put up with it, they’ll keep doing it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know exactly what you’re saying. I had a trailer mechanic recently tell me that we needed to get union stewards involved and refuse to pull a rusted out trailer since it’s illegal. If we put up with it, they’ll keep doing it.
A couple years ago I saw pretty much a new USAZ… had to check the number a couple different times because I thought I might have coupled to the wrong trailer…first time that I had ever seen something that nice with USAZ designation.

Yeet

A couple years ago I saw pretty much a new USAZ… had to check the number a couple different times because I thought I might have coupled to the wrong trailer…first time that I had ever seen something that nice with USAZ designation.
I haven’t found a nice USAZ yet. I do occasionally see a really nice PTLZ that looks brand new.

Johney

My building had a couple of rentals over the years red tagged to our lot due to legal from the whole hub and wheel assembly coming off and causing accidents…..major accidents

Yeet

My building had a couple of rentals over the years red tagged to our lot due to legal from the whole hub and wheel assembly coming off and causing accidents…..major accidents
I love the ones that have M.S. Carriers ghost markings on them. My father used to drive for them before they went bankrupt…. over 20 years ago.