Well, Maybe This Is Why You Didn't Get Your Christmas Gifts

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This happened about a mile from the SMART Hub, the same area a feeder driver was hijacked last September. My parents were from that area, I was actually blessed as a newborn in a church that used to be located about where this truck stop is located. It's a rough area now, about like any area the company operates a facility. A couple of years ago, somebody pulled into the Hub I worked at and drove off with a trailer full of big-screen TVs. I don't know what became of that incident, somebody inside had a hand with it.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
This happened about a mile from the SMART Hub, the same area a feeder driver was hijacked last September. My parents were from that area, I was actually blessed as a newborn in a church that used to be located about where this truck stop is located. It's a rough area now, about like any area the company operates a facility. A couple of years ago, somebody pulled into the Hub I worked at and drove off with a trailer full of big-screen TVs. I don't know what became of that incident, somebody inside had a hand with it.

Someone could easily drive into our yard unchallenged by the guards at our feeder gates and hook up to a trailer and leave without the guard either noticing or caring. Even contractors that are allowed on our property could steal a tank of diesel on a Saturday night when all the shifters are gone and only a handful of drivers working. I would have proposed to management to shut off the pumps on Saturday night but that could potentially bone a sleeper team.

Yeet

I assume the each one is a rental company??? I have no idea… are the emhu/umxu’s owned by the railroads or outside group?
EMHU’s are owned by Norfolk Southern and the UMXU’s and CSXU’s are rented out by CSX.

Yeet

Rail owned. Union Pacific and Norfolk Southern own most of them.
Most of the time the chassis is either NSPZ or TSFZ. The NSPZ’s are Southern’s not sure who has the TSFZ’s. I have seen a few Union Pacific’s but for some reason dispatch has us hold those and not sent them back to Southern. Not sure why.

quad decade guy

Someone could easily drive into our yard unchallenged by the guards at our feeder gates and hook up to a trailer and leave without the guard either noticing or caring. Even contractors that are allowed on our property could steal a tank of diesel on a Saturday night when all the shifters are gone and only a handful of drivers working. I would have proposed to management to shut off the pumps on Saturday night but that could potentially bone a sleeper team.
Wait...this sure sounds familiar.....

But I'm not cool....

Even more sinister, a civilian, contractor, homeless whatever (could on our local yards and I've proven all over the country)......could actually drive INSIDE the building with just about anything. In our case a feeder 53'. ANYONE has access to our air-dock. Could drive right up. Park. Walk in. Completely unchallenged. Could pickup pkgs, load them and drive off. Why? With PVD's......mgt......even drivers on the yard......who is supposed to be there. Our guards are NEVER outside the guard shack.

Contractors regularly drive inside our building to have trailers repaired(that's the only way).

Hell, we have contractors use the carwash......

Johney

This guy didn't bail out at the first traffic light? Seriously?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This guy didn't bail out at the first traffic light? Seriously?
They jumped in the cab at a red light and forced him to drive to a nearby dead-end street. They unloaded about a quarter of the load and locked him in the back of the trailer after taking his phone. UPS noticed the load was missing and found him using a GPS tracking device.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They jumped in the cab at a red-light and forced him to drive to a nearby deadens street. They unloaded about a quarter of the load and locked him in back of the trailer after taking his phone. UPS noticed the load was missing and found him using a GPS tracking device.
One reason why I never bid a metro route. I knew 2 drivers who were robbed, one was tied up in the back of his package car. No thanks.

trickpony1

They jumped in the cab at a red light and forced him to drive to a nearby dead-end street. They unloaded about a quarter of the load and locked him in the back of the trailer after taking his phone. UPS noticed the load was missing and found him using a GPS tracking device.
This is one reason my feedah doors are always locked.

Safely helping.

Johney

They jumped in the cab at a red light and forced him to drive to a nearby dead-end street.
And I'll say it again, he didn't stop and bail out? What were they going to do chase him down and shoot him? Not very likely. The likelihood of them turning a robbery charge(where they are probably not going to get caught) into a murder charge(more intense investigation) is a not going to happen. If it were myself I would've taken that risk. Besides if he feared they were going to kill him they likely would've at the dead end street. Why wait to see.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And I'll say it again, he didn't stop and bail out? What were they going to do chase him down and shoot him? Not very likely. The likelihood of them turning a robbery charge(where they are probably not going to get caught) into a murder charge(more intense investigation) is a not going to happen. If it were myself I would've taken that risk. Besides if he feared they were going to kill him they likely would've at the dead end street. Why wait to see.
They say to never let them get you into a corner, tue you up or trap you into a room because at that point you dont know what’s going to happen…