West Virginia...Why Trump Won't Deliver

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Remember Trump in WV during the campaign? You know, the hard hat that messed-up his hair and the 10-minute rant about how crappy today's hairspray was? Well, he also basically promised those people that they would get their coal miner jobs back.

Easy to say, hard to do, and here's why. Let's say that oil prices rocket up and coal becomes economically viable again. Natural gas would cost more and demand for petroleum products would plummet as prices spiked. OK, great for WV...hooray!! Coal is back!!

But what about Indiana, where one of the biggest industries is RVs? Those businesses will tank like they did before when fuel prices rose, and you can't convert them to run on "Clean Coal". Then they'll be angry because their jobs have gone away. Maybe not so good for oil jobs either. Yes, the big dogs would be raking it in, but layoffs would rise as demand dropped.

Trump has truly painted himself into a corner because he has promised everyone everything, and made it "simple" for the simple folks to understand. Only the great and powerful Wizard Trump knows how to get it right...and they bought it, which is really sad.

The reality is that our nation is not a business at all, but an incredibly complex multiplicity of independent constituencies that all want it their way. Running the nation like a business will undoubtedly fail, and Trump himself is finally figuring out that he won't be able to put his money where his mouth was...telling good people lies so they would vote for him.

I feel sorry for everyone who has been duped by the biggest con man in history.

BrownArmy

One of the savviest postmortems about this election I read went like this:

'The media took Trump literally, but not seriously. Trumps supporters took him seriously, but not literally.'

I read/watched so many interviews with Trump supporters where they basically said, 'I know he won't/can't do everything he says he's going to do, but I just want someone who's going to throw some furniture around the Oval Office.'

Mission accomplished.

newfie

upload_2016-11-13_15-3-43.png

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One of the savviest postmortems about this election I read went like this:

'The media took Trump literally, but not seriously. Trumps supporters took him seriously, but not literally.'

I read/watched so many interviews with Trump supporters where they basically said, 'I know he won't/can't do everything he says he's going to do, but I just want someone who's going to throw some furniture around the Oval Office.'

Mission accomplished.

Which Trump did they choose? The misogynist, race-baiting con man who wasted 5 years of the nation's time claiming the President was a Kenyan, or the "respectable and dignified" Trump who is doing his best to try and pretend he's presidential?

Literally OR seriously, Trump is a fake and a fraud. He isn't being rejected for being a Republican...he's being rejected because people know he is a liar who told "good people" (his term, not mine) a sack full of lies.

The Birther deal was the hook (race baiting/Black President...OMG!!) and the lies were based on taking us back to the good old days of the 1950s, where the coloreds knew their place, the Mexicans worked for nothing in brutal sub-human conditions, and women stayed home and made babies. One income households were the norm, and everyone was happy...sure.

Trump has promised "Happy Days" again so he'd get elected. Good luck on turning back the clock 60 years.

Tuck Frump.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We'll see.

In either case, he'll be #45.

The rest is just intellectual masturbation.

Maybe. This is the most-hated President elect in history. I really don't think the protests will stop, and now everyone is incentivized to reveal the real Trump. He isn't going to deliver on The Wall either. In tonight's "60 Minutes" interview, excerpts have Trump saying that the border barrier will be a combination of fencing and a true wall, not the continuous high barrier he promised during the campaign. That isn't much different from what we already have. The Mexicans will make a taller ladder or dig a deeper tunnel. He also said he is only going to deport criminal immigrants. A campaign promise...broken. The underground economy of illegals will be preserved.

Cementing the lie, Trump surrogate Newt Gingrich said that the wall was a "great campaign device' which is pretty clear code that the wall won't happen. You remember Family Values Newtie, the one who left his dying wife for a younger model? He couldn't wait until she passed away.

Watch for a huge Trumpian ceremony when a very small section of a wall is completed, and then...nothing.

Another lie his followers swallowed. Hey Tieguy/Newfie. tell us all what Trump is actually going to do to keep those pesky Hispanics from stealing your jobs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Trump named the right crook to run the EPA. He's long been in the pocketbooks of the coal industry and does not believe in global warming.

Myron Ebell is more evil than Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/science/myron-ebell-trump-epa.html?_r=0

Wow, that's a hard trick to accomplish. Yes, Global Warming is a complete hoax. That's why Atlantic Coast cities are already planning for pumping stations that will keep seawater from flooding their towns.

Another Trump lie designed so the uneducated would vote for him. It's what they wanted to hear, and he gave it to them.

newfie

Which Trump did they choose? The misogynist, race-baiting con man who wasted 5 years of the nation's time claiming the President was a Kenyan, or the "respectable and dignified" Trump who is doing his best to try and pretend he's presidential?

Literally OR seriously, Trump is a fake and a fraud. He isn't being rejected for being a Republican...he's being rejected because people know he is a liar who told "good people" (his term, not mine) a sack full of lies.

The Birther deal was the hook (race baiting/Black President...OMG!!) and the lies were based on taking us back to the good old days of the 1950s, where the coloreds knew their place, the Mexicans worked for nothing in brutal sub-human conditions, and women stayed home and made babies. One income households were the norm, and everyone was happy...sure.

Trump has promised "Happy Days" again so he'd get elected. Good luck on turning back the clock 60 years.

Tuck Frump.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Wow, that's a hard trick to accomplish. Yes, Global Warming is a complete hoax. That's why Atlantic Coast cities are already planning for pumping stations that will keep seawater from flooding their towns.

Another Trump lie designed so the uneducated would vote for him. It's what they wanted to hear, and he gave it to them.
Maybe if they didn't build all those big heavy towers the cities wouldn't be sinking.
Also many were built on reclaimed swamp land , not always a good idea .

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe if they didn't build all those big heavy towers the cities wouldn't be sinking.
Also many were built on reclaimed swamp land , not always a good idea .

Remember when the Towers came down and they were afraid because the whole area was built on reclaimed landfill/swamp.