Western Supplement?

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Pretty sure people are just using that statement as a figure of speech. A non vote is as useless as a yes vote for this contract.

trickpony1

Where does it say a Non Vote is a Yes Vote????

It doesn't say it anywhere...it's common sense and stuff you should have learned in your college "Logic and reasoning" class.

Given: A (yes vote)
Given: B (no vote)
Not B therefore A.

Since "no votes" won't pass the contract:

Not A therefore B is invalid.

So...in essence, a "no vote" will cancel a "yes vote".
A "non vote" doesn't cancel anything.

I know it's difficult...

542thruNthru

It doesn't say it anywhere...it's common sense and stuff you should have learned in your college "Logic and reasoning" class.

Not B therefore A.

Since "no votes" won't pass the contract:

Not A therefore B is invalid.

So...in essence, a "no vote" will cancel a "yes vote".
A "non vote" doesn't cancel anything.

I know it's difficult...

Lol ok we all understand that a non vote doesn't help but to say a non vote is a YES vote is not accurate

So we have 30,000 yes votes and 31,000 no votes

Then we have 180,000 non votes. Those do not become YES votes.

The guy is literally saying that a non vote will be counted as a YES vote. No it does not but it also doesn't help either.

I
Lol ok we all understand that a non vote doesn't help but to say a non vote is a YES vote is not accurate

So we have 30,000 yes votes and 31,000 no votes

Then we have 180,000 non votes. Those do not become YES votes.

The guy is literally saying that a non vote will be counted as a YES vote. No it does not but it also doesn't help either.

In essence it does, if voter turnout is below 50%. If less than 50% of the membership votes then a simple majority "no" vote does not vote down the contract entirely, it would require a super-majority "no" vote. So, if you have only 90k people vote, you would need 60k +1 to disallow this to be forced down our throats........rather than 45k +1.....

I'd rather take it out of Hoffa's hands...

Whaaaaaa

A non vote is like a yes vote, and I can prove it.
Say there are 1,000 members eligible to vote. If 501 actually cast a vote then it would take 252 ‘no’ votes to reject the contract.
In contrast, if only 499 cast a vote then it will take 332 ‘no’ votes to reject the contract. (That’s a higher burden to overcome.)
So, each person that fails to submit a vote increases the probability that less than half of the members will cast a vote; this in turn means that 332 ‘no’ votes are needed to say ‘NO’ to contract.
In other words, each person that does not cast a vote increases the burden it takes to reject the contract.
So if you don’t cast a vote, it’s like saying, “I’m not gonna vote and I know it that will make it harder for you guys to reject the contract.”

542thruNthru

This whole contract blackout is quite unsettling. Here we are two weeks out until the contract expires and we still have locals who have yet to produce a contract for their members.

It should be quite interesting trying to get all the ballots mailed out and then returned by the deadline.

Remember, a non-vote is a yes vote.

I did not see that.. Thank you for the info.

Was it last contract or the year before where allegations swirled about boxes of ballots still sitting at USPS?

Different contract, same tactic.

My job is not to educate you.

Thank God since almost everything you've said in this thread has been wrong or not up to date.

You didn't know about the extention, online voting and now you're acting like you're infallible. Keep up the great work there Ace! :)

Can't wait for your next piece of information. Should be a real winner.
NOtp.gif

BlackCat

Thank God since almost everything you've said in this thread has been wrong or not up to date.

You didn't know about the extention, online voting and now you're acting like you're infallible. Keep up the great work there Ace! :)

Can't wait for your next piece of information. Should be a real winner.
View attachment 203105

It is okay to admit you were wrong. It is not hard, I did it.

BlackCat

No worries. No hurt feeling here. I thought it was funny.

I probably should have phrased a "Non-vote is a YES vote" a little differently even though I stand by what I said.

You are looking at it as X amount of absent ballots are automatically added to the "Yes" column. You can not look at it that way.

Depending on voter turnout, it will/could take substantially more "no" votes to overcome the "yes" votes and also the "non-votes".

trickpony1

When I see proof that a non vote will be counted as a YES vote. I will gladly admit I'm wrong and even apologize. Question is will you?

Let's try this...
This is a "once in a lifetime (5 years)" deal.
You've got one shot at this.

Do you want to gamble?
Do you?
Really?

If everyone voted "no" I imagine a better offer would be presented.