What a nightmare!

Ghost in the Darkness

Many of us were running low on hours so they made us bring work back and off the road using as little OT as possible so that we would have hours to work a 6th punch. That will blow up in their faces this week.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When I get home I mentally review my day, going over any deliveries that I may have handled differently but, for the most part, I don't think about this place until I punch back in the next work day.
Oh brother... A little obsessed ???? You are definitely one of a different breed davey boy...

Ghost in the Darkness

My OT has primarily come from working on Saturday.

We have been told that we should expect to work CE.

Our center has fallen behind due to weather and drivers running out of hours. We were told last week was Peak week, I just laugh at these morons. Its not going to matter if I run out of hours on Friday or Saturday... there will be stops left that don't get delivered.

Ghost in the Darkness

So they wanted you to bring back work, so you could deliver it on Sat? Brilliant idea.

Oh I agree, every year it gets worse. Its like these idiots have never worked a Peak before.

I ran a tight loop on Saturday to get as much off as possible. The most rural sections that I had to bring back Friday will be combined with what I get for them Monday. I skipped those areas Saturday just so I could clear as much out of my truck as possible running the fewest miles I could while maximizing the number of stops I could deliver.

Ghost in the Darkness

I am sure they added more work to what was brought back but, yeah, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either.

Yeah, unloaded a number of trailers and sent us out to do what we could to help Monday. Bringing back work that I could have finished Friday only to have it now combined with Monday is just asinine to me. Whatever I'm paid by the minute and I quite frankly just don't care if it gets done or not when I get to 60hrs.

ups1990

When I get home I mentally review my day, going over any deliveries that I may have handled differently but, for the most part, I don't think about this place until I punch back in the next work day.
I too, make mental evaluations of my day when I get home. I have to admit that Friday was one of my worst overall personnel performance in a very long time. I've said many a times that the mental part of this job is the most difficult part of a being a driver. After 3 silly mental mental mistakes in the morning I stopped counting. Couldn't get into a groove all day. It seemed as if everything was working against us, luckily for me , my helper really was the star of the day. He kept quite all day but worked his tail off. He was my caddie, if you will. Believe it or not, I'm really looking forward to Monday in order to shake Friday off.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Do you record it all in your "Dear Diary" every day?

I have one more after this one.

Yay.

Anyone else get both guarantee pay and OT on their check during Peak?

I'm sure someone other than you does.

I am not most people.

No kidding.

My OT has primarily come from working on Saturday.

We have been told that we should expect to work CE.

Sucks to be you.