What are some of your biggest pet peeves working at Brown?

"I'm sorry, I do not carry tape in my package car. Someone accused me of opening a package, stealing the contents and retaping. You will have to tape it yourself. See you tomorrow."

I just said that Friday. The guy was being a Richard Cranium, so I replied appropriately.
I will fix the packages,for older customers.

margaritaville

If you back before driving 100+ feet it shows on telematics. Completely throws "when in doubt, get out" out the window and leads to more unsafe behavior. Because you try to not get on it, so do more risky things.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I used to deep fry mine. they were the perfect size.
Yum...fried turkey! Honestly...I never ate the UPS turkeys...I always gave them away. But they were ours...it wouldn't kill them to give us a little something extra around the holidays. Remember when they used to get us hot food and six foot hoagies around Xmas time? Last year...we got Burger King...stone cold whoppers and fries at 6am.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Count your blessing and keep your eye on the prize, no matter how hard it gets. This should put things in perspective for all of you. It does for me. I had a lifelong friend whom was laid off from his job at Microsoft yesterday. He was there almost as long as I was with UPS. He was a very bright guy and was probably one of the best they had. While I am now retired, he has to start all over again. He is my age and this will be difficult, but as I said he is the type of guy who will come out on top. I for one am glad I had protections and a pension most people in corporate America do not have anymore. Maybe some of you should feel lucky as well.

AKCoverMan

Turning around in a cul du sac half a block from a stop prior to delivery and parking on the wrong side of the street delivering to the left to avoid a "back first exception". Even though had I made the delivery on the right side of the street then turned around in the cul du sac my first move would have been a forward move and the short back I have to make in the cul du sac would have totally been in new area (conditions fresh).

Tees me off to cross the street in order to make a number on report that does not improve safety. I totally get and agree with avoiding back first events but the way we measure them is absurd.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I remember when "SERVICE" was our last name. *sigh*. No more.

I've had bosses (one in particular) ask why I've taken so long at customers and told them they had a question about shipping or such. Boss tells me, "tell them to call the 1-800 number, you don't have time for that." I replied, "Sorry but I will not do that. I was hired by United Parcel SERVICE, not United Parcel Stockholders. And If I don't service the customers needs, the next guy in the door will (probably Fedex). Every day you tell us to grow the business and want us to push sales leads but when I take an extra minute or two to help a customer, now I don't have time. Make up your mind." I was never bothered about it again.