What are the chances my husband will have his termination overturned?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Addiction ..alcohol /drugs is something that people think they know all about.
Unless you are or have had a family member affected, you probably don't.

Kmcget01

A medical facility, the same place where he goes to for his DOT renewal. He didn't even know he came back positive until 16 days later so no, they didn't test again in 15 mins.
And Article 35 4.4 refers to breath test which he passed. The issue here is urine.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Two Things will get his job back.

1. a technicality.
2. compassion from the board

But I do agree with the member here that UPS would put itself in huge liability if they overlooked this, gave him his job back and then he relapsed again and hurt or killed anyone under the influence.

If it were me I would be proactive and start looking for another job.

Hope for the best
Prepare for the worse.

You are a good partner.

Kmcget01

Two Things will get his job back.

1. a technicality.
2. compassion from the board

But I do agree with the member here that UPS would put itself in huge liability if they overlooked this, gave him his job back and then he relapsed again and hurt or killed anyone under the influence.

If it were me I would be proactive and start looking for another job.

Hope for the best
Prepare for the worse.

You are a good partner.
That's exactly what I'm wondering, is if through compassion and looking at him as a person, they could let him come back. Or if they 100% have to follow what the book says no matter what, even if they think he deserves another chance. And at this point he'll load trucks. We don't care.

What'dyabringmetoday???

That's exactly what I'm wondering, is if through compassion and looking at him as a person, they could let him come back. Or if they 100% have to follow what the book says no matter what, even if they think he deserves another chance. And at this point he'll load trucks. We don't care.
We? Why isn't HE on here asking questions. Having said that, this IS the land-of-make-believe...

Kmcget01

Did he successfully complete rehab? Was his one year of testing extended in writing by the SAP?
Yes. Yes. We already found the letter. We tried that route. They determine how long you'll test at the start of this whole thing. Even though UPS had him resign the agreement 4 months late, the letter was there.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
A medical facility, the same place where he goes to for his DOT renewal. He didn't even know he came back positive until 16 days later so no, they didn't test again in 15 mins.
Sorry for the potato quality (at a basketball tournament) but the way I read it is that procedure must be followed. If it wasn’t then to me that would render the test invalid.
image.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm glad you find this so funny. Be thankful you or a family member has never had to deal with a substance abuse issue. You're a better and more fortunate person than me.
Who thinks it's funny? Thank heaven he didn't crash and kill somebody! You sure you're not enabling? Just saying...

Kmcget01

We all know he messed up. All I want to know is if ANY dischargeable offense where an employee is given a termination letter and it is grieved, is looked at on a case by case basis or if they have to fire him. Even if they don't want to are their hands tied because of the book? Does he have a chance strictly based on his work history, the fact that he made it 18 months, etc.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
That only applies to EBT (breath tests). He didn't fail a breath test.
I didn’t see your other reply until I had already posted. The only thing I think he could go on is not being able to have meaningful face to face interactions with whomever he completed his rehab with. Covid could come to his advantage here but it will be tough if not impossible.