What are the chances my husband will have his termination overturned?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You are enabling right here and now. Alcohol or any other drug of choice is all powerful for those who are susceptible to their effects. You both know he shouldn’t drink but he cant stop some cannot. Some loose everything including their lives. Good luck it’s a long lonely road.
She’s trying to hold out some hope. I get it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I've read all of your replies. Thank you to those of you that took the time out of your day to answer my questions with seriousness. I feel like I am living in a real life nightmare. I'm beyond pissed at my husband. I can't even look at a UPS truck without my stomach instantly turning, and after the panel the same will probably go for my husband as well. I'm so embarrassed and disgusted by this whole thing I just want to hide from everyone. Such a damn waste. Although we probably already know the answer, I'll be sure to come back here and let you all know what happened. Thank you again.
Well, best case he get's his job back.
Medium case he can work a non driving job at UPS for the benefits.
Worst case you will have to start over.

May be a blessing in disguise. Things tend to work out for good people in the long term.

The main thing is NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!

Bottom line if you have kids that is always the main priority and you guy will be okay in the long run.

Your husband can not do it alone. If you support him emotionally you guys will win.

good luck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've read all of your replies. Thank you to those of you that took the time out of your day to answer my questions with seriousness. I feel like I am living in a real life nightmare. I'm beyond pissed at my husband. I can't even look at a UPS truck without my stomach instantly turning, and after the panel the same will probably go for my husband as well. I'm so embarrassed and disgusted by this whole thing I just want to hide from everyone. Such a damn waste. Although we probably already know the answer, I'll be sure to come back here and let you all know what happened. Thank you again.
Keep your head up
You did nothing wrong

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thank you. Local management wants him to stay. They are even writing letters of recommendation for him which will be given to the higher ups at panel. So I guess there is my glimmer of hope. Thank you again.
I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in local management going to bat for him. they talk a big talk It’s been my experience that that they are mostly spineless wimps who would sell their soul if they thought it would please the boss

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in local management going to bat for him. they talk a big talk It’s been my experience that that they are mostly spineless wimps who would sell their soul if they thought it would please the boss
The knife in the back hurts even more when a two faced bastard does it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in management ever. They will say anything they think you’ll believe.

quad decade guy

I'm trying to protect mine and my children's lives at this very moment. We have kids, a mortgage, car payments and horses to take care of. Losing $100k a year is not a small thing. I'm in fight mode right now for ME. The fact that you can't understand why I would be scared to death right now and looking for even the smallest glimmer of hope, says a lot more about you than it does me.
I personally know a driver that has 2 DUI's. He is still working. He got fired for a technical issue with his rehab. Went to panel and was re-instated. I realize this is somewhat different than your case.

Now, not working at UPS isn't the end of the world.

Saying that, about 7.9 BILLION people don't work here.

If local mgt. wanted your husband back....he will be back. I believe. But.......having been here for 40 years......this is very rare. Most of these folks are promoted. And were so far up mgt's arse that they were unrecognizable as a typical employee.

Many, many people choose drugs(spare me) over family, employment and just about anything else. Save the psycho babble about disease......

Time to get an education, training and prepare for your new life out of the driving part of transportation. There are many, many different jobs than UPS. It was one of the best....he threw it away.

I never ever drank before work. I'm a pilot and 8 hours bottle to throttle......always. Never smoked or tried weed. That's the way it should be. Served me well for 41 years.

Peace.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I personally know a driver that has 2 DUI's. He is still working. He got fired for a technical issue with his rehab. Went to panel and was re-instated. I realize this is somewhat different than your case.

Now, not working at UPS isn't the end of the world.

Saying that, about 7.9 BILLION people don't work here.

If local mgt. wanted your husband back....he will be back. I believe. But.......having been here for 40 years......this is very rare. Most of these folks are promoted. And were so far up mgt's arse that they were unrecognizable as a typical employee.

Many, many people choose drugs(spare me) over family, employment and just about anything else. Save the psycho babble about disease......

Time to get an education, training and prepare for your new life out of the driving part of transportation. There are many, many different jobs than UPS. It was one of the best....he threw it away.

I never ever drank before work. I'm a pilot and 8 hours bottle to throttle......always. Never smoked or tried weed. That's the way it should be. Served me well for 41 years.

Peace.
🤣

allahuakbar

She/Her
I was more trying to allude to the fact that she’s trying to skate away from that her husband has two different addiction problems.
They have urine tests now that can detect for alcohol metabolites to confirm alcohol abstinence. You can test dirty several days after drinking.
I guarantee he popped for pain killers or weed.

22.34life

A lot of judgment on this thread,look blowing over the legal limit to get the dwi is not hard to do.lets be honest here I'm sure anyone on this forum that drinks in any capacity has drove over the legal limit,which Is about three beers or one strong cocktail in one hour.

22.34life

To answer the op question,just about every termination can be worked out at the local level,no matter the circumstances,it all comes down to the ba and labor managers relationship.if the case goes to the committee almost 100% he gets put down.