What are you listening to? Part 6

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I couldn't either.

That's why my list started out as an attempt at it, for the first 6 or 7 slots, and then turned into me listing somewhere near 50 of my favorite bands/artists in no order.

Listing your top 10 is damn near impossible.

Listing your top 3 is probably pretty easy for most people, but after that, how are you gonna say that number 10 is that much better than your number 15 choice?

If you love music, it's retarded how difficult it is to narrow down 10 choices. I didn’t even bother to try after 2 minutes, and just started listing my favorites. I'm sure I still forgot a bunch.

A quick glance tells me that I forgot CSNY, and Gram Parsons...and who knows how many others if I really sat there trying to get them all down there in a post.
I might be able to pull together a top three (in no particular order) but ranking anything beyond that is futile.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I totally agree. I’ve found some really good music there that I know I would’ve never heard elsewhere.

Its fun to follow Youtube links to wherever the rabbit hole leads.
About three years ago I discovered who would become one of my current all time favorites through a related sidebar recommendation that I clicked because I thought the thumbnail was cool. I now have his entire discography digitally plus a few physical CD's for collector's sake. One album of which I've probably listened to from beginning to end upwards of sixty times if I had to guess. And that's a low guess.

LarryBird

Pretty comprehensive list. We have similar taste in music for sure. And I hate Nickelback equally as you do.
I could probably have listed another 100 bands that I really truly love. I'm a huge music fan. I wouldn't call myself a musicologist or anything, but I have a pretty comprehensive knowledge of music from the early 50's to the early 10's...I've been a bit slacking the past 7 or 8 years - life kind of moved in, and the time I had to search for new artists moved out, so to speak.

I hate what Nickelback stands for, more than I hate Nickelback themselves, if that makes sense. I could explain it, but I believe most people should get what I mean.

There's so much fantastic music being made and released every day - music that people would love if they were exposed to it - but they aren't exposed and it's bands like Nickelback that are the reason...safe, middle of the road, easy to digest, catchy hook-laden, trite bull:censored2: with nothing to say, that's based on the same boring tropes music has been full of since they were pumping it out of the Brill Building for teeny-boppers and half-tards alike in heyday of bumblegum pop.

We are better than that. Refuse to support that :censored2:. Make them give us a better product. It is available. Don't listen to the radio until they give us something worth listening to. Don't support radio stations that are owned by Clear Channel, Cumulus, Disney, Viacom, etc.

Try your a local college radio out...ours here is pretty great during some of the time slots - you'll actually find new music that you never heard before...maybe even find that lost feeling of being excited by something new, that feeling that mainstream radio has taken from us. Robbed us of, really.