What are you listening to part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkmac

and, schooled in a convent.

Not sure for how long because there is debate that she was married at 15 but regardless, she studied classical guitar under the father of classical guitar Andres Sergovia. Her family lived for a time in Murcia Spain and it was there she studied with the great Sergovia. In an interview he was once asked about his former pupil and he said he wished she'd drop the cuchi-cuchi thing. :happy-very:

On 2 occasions, the esteemed Guitar Player Magazine rankings listed Charo as the best Flamenco player. Another great flamenco style player is Robbie Krieger of The Doors fame and if you listen to a lot of Doors music, you can hear that influence in Robbie's playing style as he mostly plays without a pick.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I remember her on Merv in an interview and he always made fun of her saying "Barthelona".....but that's how they pronounced it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've been listening to old Scorpions, Michael Schenker, and UFO lately. I had this cranked up on the ipod while I was running this morning:

wkmac

Interesting that you posted a Scorpions vid as this past Saturday night "That Metal Show" had on Kirk Hammett of Metalica fame and the bait to get him on was he'd be on with his hero Uli Jon Roth. Great interview too.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Gordon Lightfoot's stuff never gets old, I always stop and listen when I hear that song.

wkmac

Since you brought up Parliament Funkadelic, you can't ignore one of the great bass axemen there is in Bootsy Collins!

Ever the showman but the guy can flat play.

wkmac

Another great bassist is Tony Franklin of "The Firm" and "Blue Murder" fame. One of the great fretless players in the tradition of the late Jaco Pastorius.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Another great bassist is Tony Franklin of "The Firm" and "Blue Murder" fame. One of the great fretless players in the tradition of the late Jaco Pastorius.

Fretless......he plays with no worries ??? Just kidding!

over9five

Staff member

Great version by Reba. I still get chills up my spine at the end,

"They hung my brother before I could say
The tracks he saw while on his way
To Andy's house and back that night were mine
And his cheatin' wife had never left town
And that's one body that'll never be found
You see little sister don't miss when she aims her gun
"

Status
Not open for further replies.