What box do you hate to see on your truck?

brown metal coffin

Used to be that NDA's being RTS were sent back NDA----now they are sent back 3DS.

Are you sure about that because they get their underwear all in bunch saying that we have to get nda rts back before 8pm because they have to go out with that days NDA. Something may have changed but they sure seem feisty about that especially when its left in building overnight.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That was one of the few changes that made sense.

Really?

Let's say you owned a small business with a limited inventory. You just sold your last widget to a guy who desperately needed it the next day. You hold up your end of the bargain but the guy has changed his mind and no longer wants it. Rather than getting it back the following day (3 days altogether) you now have to wait an additional 2 days. Meanwhile you have updated your inventory and someone else has ordered that same widget and also needs it the next day. Sadly you have to tell that person that you will be unable to ship it out until UPS returns. The customer buys it elsewhere. You have a lost a sale because UPS wanted to save a few bucks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you sure about that because they get their underwear all in bunch saying that we have to get nda rts back before 8pm because they have to go out with that days NDA. Something may have changed but they sure seem feisty about that especially when its left in building overnight.

The next time you have a NDA RTS'd snap a pic of the 1Z and track it.

leastbest

LeastBest
I had a large jar of honey in box break and a half inch slick of honey on the shelf. I notified management when I returned to the building. The next morning it wasn't cleaned out and all of my NDA letters were laying in it like flies in amber. I had to use my ice scraper to get them off the shelf.

Yeah, honey is the one I liked the least.

S

selfcancelsignal

Really?

Let's say you owned a small business with a limited inventory. You just sold your last widget to a guy who desperately needed it the next day. You hold up your end of the bargain but the guy has changed his mind and no longer wants it. Rather than getting it back the following day (3 days altogether) you now have to wait an additional 2 days. Meanwhile you have updated your inventory and someone else has ordered that same widget and also needs it the next day. Sadly you have to tell that person that you will be unable to ship it out until UPS returns. The customer buys it elsewhere. You have a lost a sale because UPS wanted to save a few bucks.
Using the word "widget" like this, you sound like that snobby professor Phillips from Rodney Dangerfield's "Back To School", Dave. Haha.

brostalss

Back in the day it was the Select Comfort beds (about 7 big boxes) and the Bowflex (9 boxes and a couple were over 70)

You have three or four of those orders, you just wanted to shoot yourself.

Most of those deliveries went to apartments on the top floor with no elevator.

DR FT DOOR.

rod

Retired 22 years
Back in the day it was the Select Comfort beds (about 7 big boxes) and the Bowflex (9 boxes and a couple were over 70)

You have three or four of those orders, you just wanted to shoot yourself.

Most of those deliveries went to apartments on the top floor with no elevator.

DR FT DOOR.

When Nordic Tracks first hit the market everybody and their brother ordered one. I always hated those and boxes of paper going to the 3dr floor of the Court House (no elevator back then).

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Dog food & cat litter from Amazon! You'd think that a company with the technology to develop drones for delivery could also figure out how to pack bags of dog food and cat litter correctly. Chewy sucks also because of the weight of the boxes, but I think their boxes are of higher quality as they aren't usually crushed like Amazon's.

S

selfcancelsignal

Dog food & cat litter from Amazon! You'd think that a company with the technology to develop drones for delivery could also figure out how to pack bags of dog food and cat litter correctly. Chewy sucks also because of the weight of the boxes, but I think their boxes are of higher quality as they aren't usually crushed like Amazon's.
You'd also think that with their technology, Amazon could make a barcode that's easy to scan, isn't 3 barcodes tight up against each other, & place their labels on the flat part of every parcel. This should've been addressed by UPS the last time they agreed to take on so much of Bezos' volume.

Indecisi0n

You'd also think that with their technology, Amazon could make a barcode that's easy to scan, isn't 3 barcodes tight up against each other, & place their labels on the flat part of every parcel. This should've been addressed by UPS the last time they agreed to take on so much of Bezos' volume.
Because UPS is worried about driver issues...