Preloaders, what types packages do you hate to load the most and why?

dillweed

Good list so far. Once had a pkg car that would get several axels once a month or so. They weighed up to 120 pounds and were often sent down early enough in the day that I'd knock my shins against them a few times.

Also had the guy who'd order 15-20 huge bags of birdseed at a time. Came in plastic bags and slithered all ovrer the back of the truck.

Phil800101

I used to get 40-50lb bags of dogfood that were packed in really flimsy boxes, back on the one truck I loaded at my old center. Those always sucked.

tookiebird

WATER. big cases of bottled water...going to people who have perfectly good tap water running to their houses. nothing added--i checked. not that they're that bad to load, but just on principle...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
WATER. big cases of bottled water...going to people who have perfectly good tap water running to their houses. nothing added--i checked. not that they're that bad to load, but just on principle...

Having resurrected this thread from the graveyard ... maybe you could turn that water to wine. :wink2:

My first thought was TIRES ... hated those no matter where they were.

Random_Facts

Some of the things I hate the most....I load the PG&E bulk stop. My driver used to get a TON of it. Going to the main hub. It used to be loaded FL1. That was a total pain in the donkey. I finally convinced him to load it RDR. He agreed. But I get those cable wires. Not only do they weigh 138pounds, not only do I get more than 1. But they are about 5ft across.

As people mentioned before, the paper boxes are just awful. Going to staples or something like that. What's worse? getting 10-20 straight in a row. Talk about exhaustion!!!

Larger than life TV's going into my small trucks. The Party america company, oh yeahh it's nearing Halloween baby!! Lolll. Bulk stop time. I can't wait for Monday.....

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
When I was a loader, 50lb paper boxes. Usually because they were all falling apart by the time the got to me! One company had it right, though. They would wrap the whole box in thick plastic. I can't remember which company it was. But, man did that help.

Straps and UPS don't work well together. Especially when they're holding together a 50 pound box of paper.

Tell me about it, I hate those paper boxes with a passion. They always come in pairs as well, 2 or more, and sometimes they come in bulk. Its like "come on, cant they go to staples or office depot to pick this stuff up?". Most likly, those companies have one of those places near by, leave it up to lazy Americans to order something far off in the distance instead of getting a hired worker to drive a few blocks down the road to gather a few paper boxes for work.

Pottery barn, as is said here, is also another one. Always large, long and forever heavey boxes that always never seem to be sealed and/or closed.

But I really hate eregs. Not that I hate just one or a few, its that out side with four loaders can get 30 on up to a 100 eregs everyday of the week. While theres people around my building that haven't seen an ereg in six months.

On the other hand, my favorite packages have to be RDL, RDR and RDC's. Why, well they are easy and quick to load no matter the size or weight. Its better then having a 1000, 4000 HINed package because it doesnt require one to walk half way or all the way into the car. Stacked out or placed in the back area of the car makes them a quick and easy thing to get rid off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to process the irregs first so that you could then build the rest of your load around them? They always run the irregs last in my center usually when most of the cars are close to being wrapped.