What do you think? The Utmost Importance of Safety at UPS.

Sleeve_meet_Heart,

This is just not true.

Where do you get your inaccurate information?

UPS management support the fact that no job is so important that you have to risk injury to get it done.

Do have individual management employees acting differently towards safety?

Sincerely,
I

During this past peak our pcm on the preload went like this "Management has decided that safety is not our #1 priority this peak season it has been bypassed by production, more work from less staffing in less time" as the supervisor giving this pcm is shaking his head in disbelief.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Have I received "Safety Training?" ... LOL god you cannot be serious .. you are a joke.
brownbaggin,

You can think what you want of me.

Insulting me doesn't further the discussion but answering the question would.

Have you received UPS Safety Training?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Obviously, I, you have never been told what a "Hot Load" a trailer with serious safety issues is before. There have been times UPS' value on safety has been directly proportionate to the level that a good driver will stand up to them about moving one.

Instances too numerous to mention so don't ask.
cachsux,

Are you telling me you have been forced to operate equipment that you have felt was unsafe?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I voiced my concern to my management team. I also knew they could do nothing about it, it's certainly not the old days when a center manager could actually run his own center.
over9five,

Why didn't you report this to your hourly employee representative on the Employee Health and Safety Committee?

Sincerely,
I

curiousbrain

brownbaggin,

You can think what you want of me.

Insulting me doesn't further the discussion but answering the question would.

Have you received UPS Safety Training?

Sincerely,
I

................. Folks, this is why, internally, the company struggles to understand itself. The people who ask these questions honestly don't know what it's like. It's pathetic. But, apparently, I'm the jerk who needs to be moderated because I speak the truth.

Integrity, it is in my most humble opinion, that you know nothing about how things really work in Operations. And, as far as my "Safety Training", Yeah, I've been BS certified. You know how I've been certified? I've been certified because when the Safety people stop by my Operation, and they realize how busy I am and how little time I have, that they certify me without actually asking me or any of my employees any questions.

There's your "Integrity".

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

bb, I was the one who reported your post. It is one thing to debate an issue---it is quite another to call another member, no matter how annoying that member can be, a ******* *****.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
bb, I was the one who reported your post. It is one thing to debate an issue---it is quite another to call another member, no matter how annoying that member can be, a ******* *****.

And he speaks from experience as other members attack him like this all the time and we have to moderate them. :wink2:

texan

And he speaks from experience as other attack him like this all the time and we have to moderate them. :wink2:

Bless you Hoax and all the other mods. What a job................. sigh
Putting up with the fights and drama. Please forgive me for some of mine. :fishbashsmile:

Integrity

Binge Poster
................. Folks, this is why, internally, the company struggles to understand itself. The people who ask these questions honestly don't know what it's like. It's pathetic. But, apparently, I'm the jerk who needs to be moderated because I speak the truth.

Integrity, it is in my most humble opinion, that you know nothing about how things really work in Operations. And, as far as my "Safety Training", Yeah, I've been BS certified. You know how I've been certified? I've been certified because when the Safety people stop by my Operation, and they realize how busy I am and how little time I have, that they certify me without actually asking me or any of my employees any questions.

There's your "Integrity".

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
brownbaggin,

I disagree, UPS the company, or corporation has fairly clear Policies, Procedures, Codes, Charters , Strategies, Training, Methods, and Values.

I think individuals are wrongfully influenced to go against the above because of a fear based culture that exists in many areas of the company.

I have never heard of BS training.

Are you telling me that someone controls whether you follow the training that UPS provides you?

I do not own a pipe nor do I use tobacco any longer.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
He just sits at the right hand of God ... he is not God.
Hoaxster,

I don't sit at the right hand of God however I am a follower of the one who does.

It must be a rewarding time for you to have put in your retirement paperwork.

Congratulations on this great milestone in a man's life!

Many blessings to you!!!!

Sincerely,
I

UpsYours

i agree 100%. no need to have anyone on the road past 7:00 the latest.nobody wants you at the house that late.too dark ,dogs in the yard doing there thing .even on halloween when little kids are out were delivering in the dark .sounds safe to me. will stay the same til someone runs some kid over..just like everything else today not a problem til it happens.reactive not proactive...