What does Memphis do about this?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There would have been no violence if they hadn't started it by illegally burning a flag.

Not a Constitutional issue. They had no permit and not a free speech situation.

Which was confirmed by the only persons charged were the flag burners.

Were they charged with a violent act? No, they were charged with failing to obtain the proper permits, which is basically a parking ticket.

Condoning his actions is almost as bad as the actions themselves.

It will be fine

There would have been no violence if they hadn't started it by illegally burning a flag.

Not a Constitutional issue. They had no permit and not a free speech situation.

Which was confirmed by the only persons charged were the flag burners.
I'm sure the fedex guy called the city to inquire about permitting before he took action. He's a vigilante imposing his will through force.

bacha29

I'm sure the fedex guy called the city to inquire about permitting before he took action. He's a vigilante imposing his will through force.
You have settled the matter and I thank you. It all comes down to the fact that the guy took the law into his own hands. If he didn't like it all he needed to do was to call the cops to see if their demonstration complied with all laws applicable in this case

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No, van. You are blatantly wrong. No individual or group can infringe upon another's constitutional rights. To do so is to break the law. It's that simple.

I cannot lawfully walk into your house, lock you up in your bathroom, steal your south American travel money and leave you there to rot.

I cannot lawfully put a logging chain on a Catholic Church door to prevent people from entering.

I cannot lawfully tie a KKK member to his burning cross.

These are not just things that the government cannot do. They are laws to keep people's rights in tact--period.--exclamation point!
Simple-minded people like yourself can only see their side of an argument. The real problem is that the current activists only see what they determine as their "rights", with total disregard for the attendant responsibilities. One does NOT have Constitutional rights unencumbered by responsibilities. There are appropriate and legal ways to exercise your Constitutional rights that do not incite violent response. You have the responsibility to protest appropriately.

bbsam

Staff member
Simple-minded people like yourself can only see their side of an argument. The real problem is that the current activists only see what they determine as their "rights", with total disregard for the attendant responsibilities. One does NOT have Constitutional rights unencumbered by responsibilities. There are appropriate and legal ways to exercise your Constitutional rights that do not incite violent response. You have the responsibility to protest appropriately.
I could agree with you if the courier was reacting like such a caveman to the protesters not having proper written permission. However, he was reacting to an act that has long been seen as constitutional by the SCOTUS. Therefore it is you who is being the simple minded individual. The responsibility that was not met had nothing to do with angering our nationalist FedEx friend.

oldngray

nowhere special
Didn't I tell you? The final statement comes out several days after the incident and after going out and looking at which direction the PR flags were flying they decide to come down on the side of driver and milk it for all the spin they can get out of it.

The political winds have shifted since Obama left office.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nice to see a large Corp. do the right thing

Whatever their motive may be

Did they do the right thing?

I find the practice of burning flags to be deplorable but also his behavior to be deplorable.

Our center tells us not to express our personal opinions whenever we drive by a protest. They don't even want us to blow our horns in support.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Did they do the right thing?

I find the practice of burning flags to be deplorable but also his behavior to be deplorable.

Our center tells us not to express our personal opinions whenever we drive by a protest. They don't even want us to blow our horns in support.

I would expect nothing less from you

Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you weren't a sheep ?