What does Memphis do about this?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The funniest part of the video is near the end when one of the pasty-faced pansies started lecturing the courier about his... PRIVILEGE!

bbsam

Staff member
I would chew his butt out for the liability aspect of it. If I had to fire him, I'd tell him that I was going to have to fire him and that he should look for another job. BUT FIRST... we would have to place him on a paid investigative suspension {WINK WINK} that would probably last a couple of weeks.
If you had to fire him?! Did you hear the way he was yelling at them? And for having nothing to do with his job duties? How is there any chance I you mind that you would not have to fire him?

bbsam

Staff member
Name the lawsuits, not the places where accusations were made. If minorities truly were having their votes suppressed the New York Times, MSNBC, and many others would be covering it 24/7.
Judge strikes down Wisconsin voter ID, early voting laws - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Here for one. Google will get you the others...if you really want to know.

vantexan

Judge strikes down Wisconsin voter ID, early voting laws - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Here for one. Google will get you the others...if you really want to know.
No, I want you to name lawsuits where voters were actually intimidated, which has been claimed here. The only actual voter intimidation I'm aware of was in 2008 in Philadelphia where Black Panthers armed with clubs were intimidating people going into at least one polling station that they felt might not vote for Obama. By the way Wisconsin, especially Madison, tends to be liberal. Look at the rabid response to Scott Walker's actions to bring the budget under control. Which he did.

bbsam

Staff member
No, I want you to name lawsuits where voters were actually intimidated, which has been claimed here. The only actual voter intimidation I'm aware of was in 2008 in Philadelphia where Black Panthers armed with clubs were intimidating people going into at least one polling station that they felt might not vote for Obama. By the way Wisconsin, especially Madison, tends to be liberal. Look at the rabid response to Scott Walker's actions to bring the budget under control. Which he did.
"A man convinced against his will
Is of the same opinion still."

vantexan

Y

You live in a fantasy of "alternative facts".
No, you refuse to face the facts. Tell me, what happened in Ferguson, MO? Was he on his knees with his hands up, as his friend claimed, or did he charge the police officer after already trying to wrestle the officer's pistol away, as every other witness testified to and forensic evidence examined by Holder's Justice Dept corroborated?

It will be fine

The laws are being struck down because they disproportionately affect poor and minority voters. You are on the side of discouraging voting. Much like the people supporting this fedex guy. They are on the side of restricting speech through force.

vantexan

The laws are being struck down because they disproportionately affect poor and minority voters. You are on the side of discouraging voting. Much like the people supporting this fedex guy. They are on the side of restricting speech through force.
I'm not aware of anyone complaining that they are being discouraged from driving because they're required to have a driver's license. But requiring them to present a driver's license to vote is somehow suppressing, intimidating, etc. Most States I believe will actually provide a non-driving state I.D. for minimal cost. Seems the only people truly complaining about providing a picture I.D. are those who would benefit from creative voting techniques.

vantexan

No one is restricting voting through force, not a fair analogy.

MAKAVELI

No one is restricting voting through force, not a fair analogy.
Well Van, since the civil rights era, this is the method your side uses to minimize the "minority" vote. And I think it's pretty sad that someone with Native American ancestry is blind to this form of oppression.

fedx

Extra Large Package
A hero for squashing free speech? I don't like flag burning, but our right to do so is the essence of what it means to be an American.

He should be fired. I guess you want free speech to disappear?
His speech was putting out the fire, so their free speech cancels each other out.

I scrolled back a bit and didn't see a thread on this yet.

2 arrested in flag burning protest in Iowa
2 arrested in flag burning protest in Iowa

Apparently FedX has 'issued a statement' regarding the matter, but does not really address the issue of Mr. Uhrin being fired, or not.
http://www.press-citizen.com/story/...ent-iowa-city-flag-burning-incident/97150692/

See also: http://www.press-citizen.com/story/...ing-protest-sets-off-clash-ped-mall/97094032/
and others.

636210377835748572-IOW-0126-Flag-burning-05.jpg

fedx

Extra Large Package
No, van. You are blatantly wrong. No individual or group can infringe upon another's constitutional rights. To do so is to break the law. It's that simple.

I cannot lawfully walk into your house, lock you up in your bathroom, steal your south American travel money and leave you there to rot.

I cannot lawfully put a logging chain on a Catholic Church door to prevent people from entering.

I cannot lawfully tie a KKK member to his burning cross.

These are not just things that the government cannot do. They are laws to keep people's rights in tact--period.--exclamation point!
You're really not talking about constitutional rights, you're talking about state code laws in general. In the first scenario that would be breaking and entering, robbery. Second scenario would be trespassing at the very least. You can't put a logging chain on a bank door anymore than a church door. Third would be assault whether it be KKK or BLM members (whichever hate group you want to use). BTW, how many burning KKK crosses have you seen in person? You can't tie anyone up to a tree anymore than a burning cross. These are laws to protect people from harm, not to protect people's constitutional rights. The Constitution was originally to protect people from the government and no one else, but did get expanded through time. So in your scenarios the defendants wouldn't be charged with violating the constitutional rights of their victims. They would be charged with violating state codes. If someone wants to exercise their 1st Amendment right to speech, they cannot go on to someone's private property to do it if it's unwelcome. If someone wants to exercise their freedom of religion and sacrifice a goat at Walmart, Walmart can stop that person from doing it. If a business wants to ban gun carrying customers from their business, they can even though it's their 2nd Amendment right. So individuals and groups can and do violate people's constitutional rights everyday. Private property trumps constitutional rights.

bbsam

Staff member
So as long as somebody is on my own property, they have no constitutional rights? OK. Stupid has reached a new depth.