What does UPS do for drivers that die on the job?

wilberforce15

do you not carry a your own first aide kit with you daily? i always have a trauma IFAK (individual first aide kit) and a general knicks and cuts kit(bandaides, etc etc.)
ifak includes everything to deal with multiple gunshots. it has quick clot, multiple turniquits, chest seal, compression bandages, gauze, nasel airway tube, chest decompression needle and a few other items.

learning materials are readily available.
It would be far better for UPS to refuse delivery to neighborhoods likely to shoot UPS guys.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It happened yesterday and everyone was informed about it by the time we punched out. UPS didn't notify his wife, another driver did. Some of the sups were in tears. One large PCM about this morning. Not sure what they're going to do next.

I'm reading it as the family gets another 2080hrs * $pay rate. That's up to a maximum of $100K, but since he was a new 22.4 his rate was only $27.14, and so the family will not be paid the $100K maximum.

Guy with young kids should have life insurance. The union has a group plan with discounted rates.

Seymour Packages

This company doesn't care about us. At all. ANYTHING we have from pay to benefits have been fought for. No concessions have been made by the goodwill of UPS. With that said, protect yourself accordingly. May our Teamster brother rest in peace.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
do you not carry a your own first aide kit with you daily? i always have a trauma IFAK (individual first aide kit) and a general knicks and cuts kit(bandaides, etc etc.)
ifak includes everything to deal with multiple gunshots. it has quick clot, multiple turniquits, chest seal, compression bandages, gauze, nasel airway tube, chest decompression needle and a few other items.

learning materials are readily available.

The neighbor heard 8 gunshots
Whose going to apply the tourniquet and chest seals if they are in your bag and you’ve been shot?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
UPS should have insurance!

I'm sure they have something to cover these things, as others have pointed out. But only people who are not adults, the infirm, and fools rely on other people to take care of important things for them. I always make sure I have as much life insurance as I can reasonably afford, I think my family should be taken care of in the event of my untimely death, not wondering whether or not the company has it figured out.

rod

Retired 22 years
So what I'm reading from this is that some of you want UPS to be financially responsible for your family (maybe forever?) if something happens to you? That isn't how real life works. It boils down to you are responsible for your families well being if something happens to you. Its a cruel world out there---plan ahead.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Taking an Amazon package up to a suburban front door is the most dangerous job in America? LOL. Snowflake.

I think statistically the most dangerous job in America is tree work. Agriculture is up there too. I’ve done both (don’t claim to be an expert. Was mostly just a laborer) and the amount of focus on safety at UPS is insane compared to those jobs. Yeah, a lot of the safety talk is more about liability than safety, but still. For the most part it is possible to do this job safely with the exception of tragedies like this.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So what I'm reading from this is that some of you want UPS to be financially responsible for your family (maybe forever?) if something happens to you? That isn't how real life works. It boils down to you are responsible for your families well being if something happens to you. Its a cruel world out there---plan ahead.

@quaddecadeguy doesent understand this concept

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The company usually sends flowers to the funeral home. The Teamsters--NOTHING. That was my experience with both my mom and dad.
When my mother passed I didn't get anything from the company,not even condolences when i went back to work.When i called to tell them my mother had passed the supe that answered the phone said' oh,ok I'll let the center manager know",CLICK . My Local on the other hand sent flowers to the funeral home,my BA came to the funeral home and the day of the funeral several officers from my local came to the church and gave me a Bible.

oldngray

nowhere special
When my mother passed I didn't get anything from the company,not even condolences when i went back to work.When i called to tell them my mother had passed the supe that answered the phone said' oh,ok I'll let the center manager know",CLICK . My Local on the other hand sent flowers to the funeral home,my BA came to the funeral home and the day of the funeral several officers from my local came to the church and gave me a Bible.
You get more from coworkers than from the company

rod

Retired 22 years
To tell the truth the ONLY times we saw the union guys was when they would come around once a year to get everyone to sign up for D.R.I.V.E. and maybe IF someone had some opposition during an election vote. Our Locals meetings were always on a Thursday at 4:00 p.m. a 130 miles away so chances of making one of those was zilch.