What does UPS do for drivers that die on the job?

watdaflock?

Hi all,

Yesterday, Dylan Wall, a driver at my center was murdered while on the job.
Today, the corporate * that came to speak to us at PCM said something along the lines of "we'll see what we can do."
This was only AFTER one of the other drivers announced that we're setting up a GoFundMe to collect money for the wife
and son that Dylan left behind. So I'm wondering right now what happens with drivers that are murdered or otherwise
killed at work. What happened to Frank and his family back in 2019? I looked in the contract and didn't see anything
about death besides family leave.

Thanks
Hopefully they paid Dylan until end of shift time, and not only until he was shot.

11.19igrad

It happened yesterday and everyone was informed about it by the time we punched out. UPS didn't notify his wife, another driver did. Some of the sups were in tears. One large PCM about this morning. Not sure what they're going to do next.

I'm reading it as the family gets another 2080hrs * $pay rate. That's up to a maximum of $100K, but since he was a new 22.4 his rate was only $27.14, and so the family will not be paid the $100K maximum.
umm a new 22.4 in southern region is only $20.50

Last One In

Feel fortunate.
When my Mom died, all I got was "see you after your funeral leave"
Company and union did nothing......
" Be sure to bring the obituary so you get paid for funeral leave"
I called the center as soon as I found out my mom had died. Center manager, of course, told me no one available to take over my route so I could go home. Lie. The co-chair of the safety committee was always in the building not running his bid route. (Don't get me started about that!) By the time I got back to the building, center manager had already looked up my mom's obituary. Didn't believe me that she had died. Real d-bag.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I called the center as soon as I found out my mom had died. Center manager, of course, told me no one available to take over my route so I could go home. Lie. The co-chair of the safety committee was always in the building not running his bid route. (Don't get me started about that!) By the time I got back to the building, center manager had already looked up my mom's obituary. Didn't believe me that she had died. Real d-bag.
Your mom's obituary was posted hours after her death?

By the time I got back to the building, center manager had already looked up my mom's obituary. Didn't believe me that she had died.

you-aint-got-to-lie-to-kick-it.jpg

umm a new 22.4 in southern region is only $20.50
He did RTD for a season before going 22.4.
That manager is disgusting, complete scum. Sorry to hear that happened to you.
Anyone that wanted to go to the funeral got to go. They brought in drivers from surrounding centers to cover for us. Tons of drivers, and most of the sups and management were there in addition to his friends and family. RIP Dylan.