What GM workers weren't wiling to do that UPS workers might.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I see the US ground volume continuing to decline because we cannot compete with FedEx Ground cost structure. Unfortunately, its a simple matter of math.

If our management would put the same amount of time and energy into actually solving problems as it does in trying to assign blame for them, we would blow FedEx out of the water with our economy of scale. You want more SPORH? Start by fixing the loops and issues with EDD and PAS instead of following us around all day in order to generate your weekly quotas of meaningless warning letters.

"I generate reports, therefore I exist" is not a viable long-term management strategy for our company. We are the hardest-working drivers in the industry; all you have to do is to set us up to succeed and you can just sit back and watch the profits roll in.

Just Lurking

If our management would put the same amount of time and energy into actually solving problems as it does in trying to assign blame for them, we would blow FedEx out of the water with our economy of scale. You want more SPORH? Start by fixing the loops and issues with EDD and PAS instead of following us around all day in order to generate your weekly quotas of meaningless warning letters.

"I generate reports, therefore I exist" is not a viable long-term management strategy for our company. We are the hardest-working drivers in the industry; all you have to do is to set us up to succeed and you can just sit back and watch the profits roll in.

Amen.

Also, I believe that we have some best managers in the industry if they would be allowed to actively manage an operation.