What happens when a Ground contractor loses his contracts?

floridays

Yeah,

That's similar to what I experienced in my current terminal... I'm part of that 7 days/week group since I'm in a Ford transit rental vehicle; under 10,000 lb limit... so we can work past that 70 hours DOT limit.

My specific position is to help create/sort/preload bulk routes of oversized iC freight as part of the clean up crew of the 2nd AM dispatch. About 5 to 6 bulk routes of a 20 route belt line.

Then, I get to choose my own route to clean up. 70~120 stops daily on the average.

Home by 2000 ~2200 but it's not back breaking work for me.

Basically, a BC or AO... but not with the official title
Do you have glasses and a pocket protector?

Just curious, I need a mental picture.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I'm now similar to @Code 82 Approved ... on my previous rural route, 70~120 stops would've taken 12~14 hours.

The terminal I'm in currentlyhas traded areas so their routes are all condensed for drivers to help each other if one is done early.

I'm bummed that they lost my neighborhood to another subcontractor, but I'm basically faster in the new suburbia that they have acquired.

OrioN

Nah, it's ALL residential. Easy peasy
I guess it's similar to a FXE PM route (shrugs)

Waking up with the sun in full bloom, leisurely eating breakfast and watching morning news while the main drivers are at the terminal cramming what they can deliver... don't have to be in the FedEx terminal until 930 the earliest

I'm making bank doing a management job before I head out on my own.

Planning to upgrade the rental homes with new appliances and hvac updates after this pandemic passes.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Nah, it's ALL residential. Easy peasy
I guess it's similar to a FXE PM route (shrugs)

Waking up with the sun in full bloom, leisurely eating breakfast and watching morning news while the main drivers are at the terminal cramming what they can deliver... don't have to be in the FedEx terminal until 930 the earliest

I'm making bank doing a management job before I head out on my own.

Planning to upgrade the rental homes with new appliances and hvac updates after this pandemic passes.
As long as the rent payments keep coming in. Best of luck!

OrioN

Yup, got tenants that are lucky to be working remotely or are part of the essential workforce. Hate to evict someone during this time

Mutineer

New York has made it illegal to evict anyone during this time.

I think more than a few states have enacted that. I believe that after the dust settles (if ever) from the bat-cooties hysteria, the notion of private property in real estate, in the sense we know it now is going to be very different.

Mutineer

Yup, got tenants that are lucky to be working remotely or are part of the essential workforce. Hate to evict someone during this time

I dare you to try and evict anyone for the next few years. Especially if they are a "protected" class of citizen. Even if and when you have every legal right to do so.

If the right ears get bent, you will be portrayed as a rich, greedy, horrible, heartless monster. Lawyers and news stations are on subjects such as that like ducks on a junebug.

OrioN

Nah, close to a decade now, no evictions. I always get multiple applications when the former tenants move on.

Location is key to attracting good tenants