What has brown done to me?!

Ok this is the first time I have seen the person called I've got a package. My question is he always such an epic loser?
No
320x240.jpg

jbg77

I work more than 60hrs a week now between preload and my ft job and make 60k to 65k.....ill gladly wait my turn for 90k to 100k for fewer hours and weekends off.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My experience at UPS has been 3 years of preload which includes over 70lbs duty at 3:15 then normal start time for the building at 4 by then I've moved all the irregs to their belts and set up the unload for the day.
I spend the next two hours either loading bulk stops, scanning labels, unloading trailers, sorting or further irreg duty.
After break I'm sent to scan-check the packages in the trucks. I scan a good 1500 max before 8:30 rolls around and some supervisor dismisses me.
I use to lead the safety meetings and did some of that jive. But the building supervisor had me train a replacement who took over for me loading the bulk and mall trucks. Now I'm frittering away in the preload desperate to become a driver.
I see coworkers who started in preload becoming cover drivers, they return to unload when they aren't needed...is that my fate?
I need to know how I can manage to move into a better full time position. My supervisors recognize my work and they trust me to do the dirty jobs at times.
I don't really know if I want to stay in a place that says they'll make a driver of me, but only proceed to tie me down to the warehouse for a long and sleep deprived career as a preloader.
Anyone else know this experience?
SMALLS.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
My experience at UPS has been 3 years of preload which includes over 70lbs duty at 3:15 then normal start time for the building at 4 by then I've moved all the irregs to their belts and set up the unload for the day.
I spend the next two hours either loading bulk stops, scanning labels, unloading trailers, sorting or further irreg duty.
After break I'm sent to scan-check the packages in the trucks. I scan a good 1500 max before 8:30 rolls around and some supervisor dismisses me.
I use to lead the safety meetings and did some of that jive. But the building supervisor had me train a replacement who took over for me loading the bulk and mall trucks. Now I'm frittering away in the preload desperate to become a driver.
I see coworkers who started in preload becoming cover drivers, they return to unload when they aren't needed...is that my fate?
I need to know how I can manage to move into a better full time position. My supervisors recognize my work and they trust me to do the dirty jobs at times.
I don't really know if I want to stay in a place that says they'll make a driver of me, but only proceed to tie me down to the warehouse for a long and sleep deprived career as a preloader.
Anyone else know this experience?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

My only problem with the prospects of going into supervision is that I hear not so good things about it.
I don't know if I believe all of what they say, though I am curious as how a salary would compare.
Just as long as I don't stay cooped up like a chicken in that unload!
Nice part about the salary is you know exactly how much you will be taking home. Makes planning easy. But long term it doesn't pay off to be in supervision.

Just google whatever your looking for like example, The Rock- Gifs. Usually gify has some good ones
Z1luis8.gif

OP you're just going to have to wait. Play the game until a FT bid comes up. It sucks, but it's pretty tough to walk into a 90k job...