What Holidays do we NOT work

GenericUsername

9 months here. And we get Black Friday as well, but we all work it for the double time plus holiday pay.
I get the pleasure of doing one of our malls on Black Friday. Inside the building itself is absolutely bananas, but luckily I really only have 20 or so deliveries typically. Then I pick up 3,000 pcs from Macys/JCP.... :( Makes for an easy $1k payday though.

JustDeliverIt

I thought nine months was for the insurance and one year before you got paid holidays or any other pay vacation

Must be something we have here then. I had insurance after 4 months. All we had to do was work enough hours the previous quarter to qualify. I started in March and July 1 had insurance. Not sure it's the same anymore but that's how it was.

JustDeliverIt

I get the pleasure of doing one of our malls on Black Friday. Inside the building itself is absolutely bananas, but luckily I really only have 20 or so deliveries typically. Then I pick up 3,000 pcs from Macys/JCP.... :( Makes for an easy $1k payday though.

Yeah, as long as we aren't hit with snow it's usually not a bad day. But we usually have snow by then and it's a typical disaster. Even with those pickups, an inside route for a 1k day is pretty sweet.

542thruNthru

Must be something we have here then. I had insurance after 4 months. All we had to do was work enough hours the previous quarter to qualify. I started in March and July 1 had insurance. Not sure it's the same anymore but that's how it was.
You're talking insurance.. we're talking holiday pay.

GenericUsername

Yeah, as long as we aren't hit with snow it's usually not a bad day. But we usually have snow by then and it's a typical disaster. Even with those pickups, an inside route for a 1k day is pretty sweet.
It's typically mid 80s here around that point for us, maybe even low 90s (Florida.) Inside or outside it's a great day... I just prefer being on that one particular route because I'll always get help with the pickups due to how heavy they are and our local Macy's inevitable screwup of putting all their air mixed in with the ground...

upser2020

I've been at ups for just over a year and we didn't work Thanksgiving but I was told the year before we did. I think the holiday sorts are optional but it might depend which shift is technically running it(for example I think last memorial day holiday sort was run by twilight even though it was during the day and it might have been mandatory for twilight). I pretty much work every shift I can especially overtime or holiday pay. I think we had Christmas eve and day off and new years eve and day(no holiday sort)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow, a PTer saying the pay is worth it.

Holidays off will be in your Supplemental agreement. Usually it's the big ones.

July 4th
Labor day
Memorial day
Thanksgiving
Christmas
New years eve
New years day
Think Labor Day is the only day they can’t make us work

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
July 4th falls on a Sunday. You are instructed to report to work on July 5th (observed) or it will be counted as an occurrence. Don't worry, you'll be reeeeeallllyyyyy light that day.

Screenshot_20210517-193119.png

rod

Retired 22 years
Does R.I. and some of those other Eastern states still get Presidents Day, MLK Day, Columbus Day and maybe even Ground Hogs day off like they used to? I know they got at least 3 extra holidays off that we didn't.

542thruNthru

Does R.I. and some of those other Eastern states still get Presidents Day, MLK Day, Columbus Day and maybe even Ground Hogs day off like they used to? I know they got at least 3 extra holidays off that we didn't.
Does your generation still remember how to mind their own damn buisness?