What I love about the "new" browncafe

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Wow, Maybe 10 posts out of hundred stayed on topic... A new record!!

Personally I'd like to see that the person that starts a thread is able to request that it stay on topic. And at their request a mod can delete "derailing off topic posts" so an actual topic could make it more than a couple of posts.

This would only be on those threads where someone actually wanted to have a conversation about what they actually started their thread on...

It's also amazing that most of you have an infatuation with Upstate like I've never seen before. He loves it and you love to hate it all over the place...

I do not intend to offend, but I remember someone on another forum pointing out that if a person didn't care enough of their own thought to proofread what they wrote, why should I care about their thought as well.

Bad spelling sticks out very strongly. I may be following what you have to say right up to that bad spelling, but misspelled words convey the thought of someone rambling and not thinking about nor caring about what they say, much like a child. We have adult conversations here, we should be typing like adults, especially since the browser tells you when you are making mistakes. It's laziness not to go back and fix it, and a lazy attitude may come through in a lazy thought.

I am not trying to judge anyone here, and Lord knows I have made my share of misspellings or, more commonly, corrections made by the computer that I didn't mean and that mess up my idea. To that end, Cheryl, is there any way to extend the time limit on how long we can edit our posts? 5 minutes, maybe even 10 minutes is waaay too short. Also, can it be made possible to delete our own posts?

That's fine and dandy on a PC. I find myself making the most typo posts when on my iPhone because lord knows it's smarter than me. Then when I do see it the time limit has passed.

I don't worry about typing as much as I concentrate more on getting the right point across.

Personally I'd like to see that the person that starts a thread is able to request that it stay on topic. And at their request a mod can delete "derailing off topic posts" so an actual topic could make it more than a couple of posts.

This would only be on those threads where someone actually wanted to have a conversation about what they actually started their thread on...

It's also amazing that most of you have an infatuation with Upstate like I've never seen before. He loves it and you love to hate it all over the place...

Maybe that's what some "Love about the New BC"?

rod

Retired 22 years
t
Give me your word that you won't abuse it again and and I'll switch post edits back on for you.

I don't think his word is any good. How many times has he said "good bye"----how many times has he said he has put someone on "ignore" only to jump on them again at the least little comment they make. I'm surprised you have fallen for his "oh woe is me" trick again. I think that is the firs time I have ever used the "disagree" button.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I refuse to read every post in this thread before I post my reply.
After reading two pages of reasons and personalities on BC; I am jumping on my reply.

What I love about the "new" browncafe?

BC received a make over due to an issue with vendor Cheryl used for format.
Nothing else changed.
We still have personalities.
We still have peak.
We still look for UPS Socks.

We still stop, we sometimes post, we sometimes laugh and we at times want to smash each other.

We are still a community.

Z

ZQXC

I lost the ability to edit my posts a few months ago. It was entirely my own fault--I would post something disparaging, usually about moreluck, leave it online for a moment and then edit it. Childish? Sure.

Childish? Not really; a child would not think that process through.

Disturbing? Yes.

gingerkat

As for having "edit" to 15 minutes, will that really make a difference? If you make grammatical errors, someone will quote you, pounce on you so quick, your head will spin. That's even before you can hit the "edit" button - lol

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Wow, I just completed my reading assignment.

This tread is a picture of most BC threads.
It ebbs and flows.
Sometimes on topic but mostly off topic.

What I like about the new BC is that you can expect most threads to follow the same patterns of old BC.

If you cleaned up, all the off topics......Their wouldnt be very much to read!

Z

ZQXC

Don't you hate it when you type a word that is wrong in context, but not misspelled? I know I do.

Did not quote, did not pounce.....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Instead of Ignore I'd like to have a Follow. That way the people who's posts I like to read can be found and I could go from there.
You would miss out on new members.

I would like to see a function that allowed you to eliminate a Forum from view.
Sometimes the FedEx forum will have more posts than the rest of the site.
While I have nothing against FedEx members, I have no interest what's going on at FedEx.