What I love about the "new" browncafe

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Wow, I just completed my reading assignment.

This tread is a picture of most BC threads.
It ebbs and flows.
Sometimes on topic but mostly off topic.

What I like about the new BC is that you can expect most threads to follow the same patterns of old BC.
It can be described "oxymoronically" as the predictable diversity of human nature?

rod

Retired 22 years
You would miss out on new members.

I would like to see a function that allowed you to eliminate a Forum from view.
Sometimes the FedEx forum will have more posts than the rest of the site.
While I have nothing against FedEx members, I have no interest what's going on at FedEx.

I'm curious----does that mean you don't moderate them? Does anyone? Am I on to something here?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm guilty of using the bad spelling icon. More often for things like to too their there your you're.

Anyway. It's very hard to proofread your own thoughts. You read what you wanted to say often times instead of what you actually said.

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm guilty of using the bad spelling icon. More often for things like to too their there your you're.

Anyway. It's very hard to proofread your own thoughts. You read what you wanted to say often times instead of what you actually said.

I can't tell you how often I'll type something out, reread it then post it. After posting I'll read it again and only then spot an error.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I lost my "quote" button again, the one after you highlight text the little brown button that shows up.
Ya know, now that you mention it... I don't see that either. That's an addon. I'll check to see if there is something that can be done to fix it.

gingerkat

The reason I try not to point out people's spelling errors etc., is because the minute I do that… well I find that I make a mistake right away. Nothing like a little egg on my face.

If I get what someone is trying to say, I try and roll with it. We certainly don't need grammar police in a relaxed environment. With that being said, if others want to point it out, it's certainly their choice. Everyone has a pet peeve.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
If you cleaned up, all the off topics......Their wouldnt be very much to read!

That's my point!

If you want to actually read a topic that interests you then why be put through an off topic nightmare? I'm not saying an occasional off topic funny post or whatever would be bad thing but a barrage of posts kicking the crap out of any semblance of what was to be discussed (like this one) can be frustrating for those who actually want to get something out of the subject matter....

If your desire as an off topic kamikaze poster is fulfilled by discussing other things, drama and how much you hate/love another poster--- create your own thread and show some courtesy to the original poster's topic and ideas.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's my point!

If you want to actually read a topic that interests you then why be put through an off topic nightmare? I'm not saying an occasional off topic funny post or whatever would be bad thing but a barrage of posts kicking the crap out of any semblance of what was to be discussed (like this one) can be frustrating for those who actually want to get something out of the subject matter....

If your desire as an off topic kamikaze poster is fulfilled by discussing other things, drama and how much you hate/love another poster--- create your own thread and show some courtesy to the original poster's topic and ideas.
POST OF THE WEEK!

Pkgcar1988

Maybe that will happen if it gets abused for no other reason than for members that are too lazy to to use their own words. Dislike is gone because it was abused many times by a couple of members.

Lets see how the disagree button plays out. It's the internet, freely available resources will be misused and abused. From what I was told you were a frequent abuser of the dislike button.
What I don't like is certain people who chime in on topics that they know absolutely nothing about but act like they know everything. I try not to contribute to things I know nothing about and others should do the same. I am sorry certain person or persons can't refrain themselves from talking about stuff they know nothing about.

That's my point!

that would make alot of 3 or 4 posts threads!..lol...by the way is your post , off topic, to this thread? Just asking?:oops::offtopic::offtopic:...lol

upschuck

If you moved the off-topic posts to another thread, there would be plenty to read there.
Meanwhile, people who are actually interested in the original topic could read through one page instead of 6.
As long as you notate what thread the spawned thread came off. But then again, I kinda like the train wrecked threads. But then again, it would be nice to read a thread on topic. I don't know, I'm torn on this topic. It depends on the mood I am in at the time, not that I'm moody.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
As long as you notate what thread the spawned thread came off. But then again, I kinda like the train wrecked threads. But then again, it would be nice to read a thread on topic. I don't know, I'm torn on this topic. It depends on the mood I am in at the time, not that I'm moody.
Threads sometimes take on a life of their own.....but sometimes I help it along...lol.