What I love about the "new" browncafe

Nimnim

The Nim
As long as you notate what thread the spawned thread came off. But then again, I kinda like the train wrecked threads. But then again, it would be nice to read a thread on topic. I don't know, I'm torn on this topic. It depends on the mood I am in at the time, not that I'm moody.

It's one thing if the conversation in a thread evolves and shifts topics over a bunch of posts and someone reading from the start can follow easily, but it's a different thing if a handful of posts in someone posts something irrelevant completely to the op and there's more comments on that than the original post.

upschuck

It's one thing if the conversation in a thread evolves and shifts topics over a bunch of posts and someone reading from the start can follow easily, but it's a different thing if a handful of posts in someone posts something irrelevant completely to the op and there's more comments on that than the original post.
People have short memories, and forget what the OP was asking/commenting about.

pretender

I do not intend to offend, but I remember someone on another forum pointing out that if a person didn't care enough of their own thought to proofread what they wrote, why should I care about their thought as well.

Bad spelling sticks out very strongly. I may be following what you have to say right up to that bad spelling, but misspelled words convey the thought of someone rambling and not thinking about nor caring about what they say, much like a child. We have adult conversations here, we should be typing like adults, especially since the browser tells you when you are making mistakes. It's laziness not to go back and fix it, and a lazy attitude may come through in a lazy thought.

I am not trying to judge anyone here, and Lord knows I have made my share of misspellings or, more commonly, corrections made by the computer that I didn't mean and that mess up my idea. To that end, Cheryl, is there any way to extend the time limit on how long we can edit our posts? 5 minutes, maybe even 10 minutes is waaay too short. Also, can it be made possible to delete our own posts?

It is like the commercial says: "People judge you by the words you use" (or misspell).

What I don't like is certain people who chime in on topics that they know absolutely nothing about but act like they know everything. I try not to contribute to things I know nothing about and others should do the same. I am sorry certain person or persons can't refrain themselves from talking about stuff they know nothing about.
You know what they say. Opinions are like rectums. Everybody has one. Everyone also has their own personality and hopefully someone loves them/it. Hopefully.

Sometimes in life you just need to walk away and forget about being angry. Go give your wife a kiss and a pinch on the butt. Tell her you love her and laugh at how good you have it. I think a lot of people on this forum have life by the balls.

Sometimes in life you just need to walk away and forget about being angry. Go give your wife a kiss and a pinch on the butt. Tell her you love her and laugh at how good you have it. I think a lot of people on this forum have life by the balls.

I do. She yells at me to knock it off and go annoy people on the internet for a while.