What if "Jr" drove for UPS?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Yeah I know its only a pipe dream but heck Earnhardt,Jr. will be a "free agent" next year. What a great representative for Brown he would be! Too bad we have this alliance with TOYOTA, Jr will not be caught dead driving for that manufacturer.

local804

Yeah I know its only a pipe dream but heck Earnhardt,Jr. will be a "free agent" next year. What a great representative for Brown he would be! Too bad we have this alliance with TOYOTA, Jr will not be caught dead driving for that manufacturer.

His father would rise from his grave if he seen Jr in a Toyota!
Bad enough the rumors of a FORD!

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
Yes it may be only a pipe dream but what if he decided to break with all the tradition of the past and drive a Toyota? Somebody is driving Toyotas, it is soon to be the number#1 car company in the U.S.A. and possibly the world. If that is true even the hardcore oldschool Nascar fans must have some Toyotas in their garages. Toyota has employed thousands of laid-off UAW folks in several states and I think they should be given more credit for their contributions to this country. I think Jr would elevate Toyotas profile to a Nascar contender. He is a savvy businessman and he knows that he should consider all good options. With a Toyota partnership he would have the total financial commitment of a company that has shown it wants to be #1 if UPS is as committed they should push for the best also. Yes I own a Toyota(wife), Ford truck(me) Chevy Maliu(spare).

CFLBrown

I like seeing the Toyota's. They did very well in the truck series and pizza boy isn't too bad in the Busch series when he isn't running in to the wall. They need time to get their setups right and they'll be right up there. Atleast Jarrett isn't in Waltrip's shoes. That guy needs to talk to the Dream Father and get his old car back.

hoser

Industrial Slob
oh come on, jr will drive for whomever gives him the best contract. athletes are commodities, they go to the highest bidder.

His father would rise from his grave if he seen Jr in a Toyota!
Bad enough the rumors of a FORD!

Sr E drove a Ford for Bud Moore at one time,car 15 Wrangler sponsorship,so I don`t think it`s that big of a deal. I see him going to a quality team first ,dollars and other details will come second.

smellthecoffee

smell the coffee
Dale Jarrett doesn't drive a Toyota because UPS wants him to, he drives one because that's in the contract with Waltrip. Jr could drive whatever he wanted if we picked him up, the issue would be that we would have to go through Richard Childress, that'll be his new boss / partner. Bottom line is there are only two sponsors Jr will ever drive for - Bud and Goodwrench. Period. OUR probelm is we have people making decisions that have no idea about racing. We should have stayed away from Toyota, not because they aren't qualifying for races, but because this hurts our reputation in the South. UPS will never have a top driver, we will never contend for a championship. Not because we won't spend the money, but because the people in charge of our racing sponsorship decisions were given that job because they coulndn't move packages. As with so many other aspects of our business, we will continue to appear to be second rate. It's sad but true.

krash

Go big orange
Man,I hate Toyota and am so disappointed that UPS followed that whore Jarret. I stopped rooting for him after that move. And why did UPS continue to sponsor him when he is no longer a factor in any race (unless he wrecks in front of someone). Your 100% correct coffee. UPS has to be the joke of Nascar

UPS Lifer

When UPS first got into NASCAR, I was proud of what we were doing. We finally started sponsoring something worthwhile! I would still like to see a UPS Bowl and Stadium and Golf Tournament and a whole lot more. BUT to get back to NASCAR - I am embarrassed at where we are now. We need JR and we need him now. :thumbup1:

I guess we are better off that Jarrett can't qualify for a race rather than being at the back of the pack at every race.:lol:

hj200169

budweiser will never let him go - would be great if we could "sponser" him wherever he goes too. UPS got hosed in signing with Waltrip Racing for 2 yrs. Nascar changed the rule for Champions provisionals AFTER Ups signed the deal.Its a deal they would like to find a escape clause on definately. Maybe they could make Jarret a feeder driver till he turns 62 ????

krash

Go big orange
budweiser will never let him go - would be great if we could "sponser" him wherever he goes too. UPS got hosed in signing with Waltrip Racing for 2 yrs. Nascar changed the rule for Champions provisionals AFTER Ups signed the deal.Its a deal they would like to find a escape clause on definately. Maybe they could make Jarret a feeder driver till he turns 62 ????
Well, he is slow enough:w00t:

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
. We should have stayed away from Toyota, not because they aren't qualifying for races, but because this hurts our reputation in the South.

I don't give a damn if he drives an yugo, if the man can win then every rednecker would sport a toyota sticker on the back of their Ford truck. It's not about Pride, it's about Winning and crossing the finishline, and giving fans what they paying to see.