What If? Share your opinion "on topic"

Dr.Brownz

What if
ups Grounds delivery subcontracted a personal driving company like lift or uber for the approval of PVD down the road?
Obviously if that were ever a possibility they would have to implement stricter rules for employment approval and provide tamper proof technology with accurate tracking. But thinking as a consumer, would you want just anyone delivering your package?

What if
Drivers and pilots were required submission of drug/alcohol tests with something attached to your steering wheel like a BAC breathalyzer (or some advanced un heard of new age technology) every 30 minutes on the clock? Would you still travel under such conditions?

Here I'll spell out why your suggestions would ruin our job

1) Take away our smalls and tons of routes get cut. On Friday I had a route that was 120 stops and 150 pieces, basically one small box per house except for a few who got 5 or 6. Now if I had to bust out the handcart 120 times to move these boxes yesterday would have sucked ass, but it was tiny boxes I could lift with one hand and walk to the door. Heavy packages going to houses are the worst deliveries to have example: pushing the heavy handcart up steep driveway. So in this no smalls world there are less routes which means bigger areas for the remaining routes to cover which means even more heavy :censored2: for each route, way too much abuse on the drivers body. UPS uses far to optimistic of time standards (standards that are designed to to trick stupid people into going faster than what is safe/healthy) and they already don't take package weight into account so we would be even more overworked and probably have way way longer days because there is no way in hell I'd skip a break to get a done early when I'm getting kicked in the balls at every stop. And again tons of people out of jobs because volume is gone. :censored2: UPS their profit margins go up every single year and they continue to be greedy.

2) One false positive and you've ruined the drivers job and reputation. There is a reason we have in our contract very specific and narrow circumstances in which a driver can be tested and they are there to prevent the company from using a false positive to fire a drive unjustly.

So please go back to your fake job and let real people work.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Remind me not to shake your hand. :)
bHCnH0d4adur6.gif

Yes, I stole that

KOG72

I’m full of it

1) Take away our smalls and tons of routes get cut. On Friday I had a route that was 120 stops and 150 pieces, basically one small box per house except for a few who got 5 or 6. Now if I had to bust out the handcart 120 times to move these boxes yesterday would have sucked ass, but it was tiny boxes I could lift with one hand and walk to the door. Heavy packages going to houses are the worst deliveries to have example: pushing the heavy handcart up steep driveway. So in this no smalls world there are less routes which means bigger areas for the remaining routes to cover which means even more heavy :censored2: for each route, way too much abuse on the drivers body. UPS uses far to optimistic of time standards (standards that are designed to to trick stupid people into going faster than what is safe/healthy) and they already don't take package weight into account so we would be even more overworked and probably have way way longer days because there is no way in hell I'd skip a break to get a done early when I'm getting kicked in the balls at every stop. And again tons of people out of jobs because volume is gone. :censored2: UPS their profit margins go up every single year and they continue to be greedy.

2) One false positive and you've ruined the drivers job and reputation. There is a reason we have in our contract very specific and narrow circumstances in which a driver can be tested and they are there to prevent the company from using a false positive to fire a drive unjustly.

So please go back to your fake job and let real people work.
Holy cow is this a book

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS

Thank you for such an awesome answer! I agree with you completely (minus the fake job part). I appreciate the time you dedicated to responding to my ridiculous what if post. Your response is very enlightening and informative. Thank you again.

For the record: my what ifs, were just questions that came to mind while reading other posts. Ridiculous questions, yes and no. The thread was never meant to be expressed as a probable solution or even personal belief or foreshadowing predictions to anything. And definitely my post was not for attention.
Just questions unanswered via the search box. So I asked.
Didn't mean to be troll-ish.
My sincere apologies for wasting your valuable time, be it with the family or on the clock, time is never free.
And once more, I do honestly appreciate the response you gave.

40 and out

What if

the rumored soon to be subcontracted PVD company drivers (lift, uber, whomever) were only responsible for delivering smalls.
Don't you think that would help our drivers manage their deliveries more timely?

Wouldn't it be easier if you (the driver) having the responsibility for packages, boxes and bulk items, never have to deal with bags or envelopes again?

If there were fixed weight limit restrictions set, for items in package cars vs. items delivered via PVD..wouldn't that help the over all work day for you, without threatening your job security?

Would you be able to accept the rumored possibility of subcontracting an alternative delivery service (for only smalls) as a beneficial solution to the problem of drivers being overworked?

Pros/cons of no longer delivering smalls and or usps items?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Kind of funny that you cared so
much to look?
Yes I followed them, deemed them as important people who would leave informative posts. And @Indecisi0n doesnt have the option to follow. The profile is set to private.
Which is why I do not follow that person.

And I am not an "it" you bastid!
I was born with a God given vag. back in mid 1990 and I've never wanted to become a man, like that Bono fella'. So to this day I am still female. Even put the V. to purposeful use In late 2015 when I gave birth to my one and only child. Over all the fact that I am female shouldn't matter. That's what the fancy folk call se x ual-di scri min atio n and demanding a pic for proof falls under her ass meant. You knuckleheads. :)

This is also my one and only account too. I'm not some reincarnated previous user.

I joined to learn. Not the learning via "college money" by ups but the real legit learning, the knowledge people have from working for the company (many,way before I was even born), is valuable to me.
Having a degree in Business a degree in Finance, Philosophy, Administration and the Study of Human Psychology might be useful, but in the end its all just paper.
I like what I'm learning here. I'm not trying to change the world or propose any ideas that would make it better and I'm not trying to instigate anything. I just read a lot and learn from you all.

And there will never be time for "what ifs" like this, questions and concerns or even opinions at work, so I do it here with a dash of sarcasm and a hint of humor.

Ok

Sorry sweets still not buying it

AsweetGirl

Hello! :)

I have no idea how to respond to your comment.

The most important thing I've learned this past week is to shut up.

Please ask a mod to delete the thread if it's unbecoming to have published. Gracias.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Kind of funny that you cared so
much to look?
Yes I followed them, deemed them as important people who would leave informative posts. And @Indecisi0n doesnt have the option to follow. The profile is set to private.
Which is why I do not follow that person.

And I am not an "it" you bastid!
I was born with a God given vag. back in mid 1990 and I've never wanted to become a man, like that Bono fella'. So to this day I am still female. Even put the V. to purposeful use In late 2015 when I gave birth to my one and only child. Over all the fact that I am female shouldn't matter. That's what the fancy folk call se x ual-di scri min atio n and demanding a pic for proof falls under her ass meant. You knuckleheads. :)

This is also my one and only account too. I'm not some reincarnated previous user.

I joined to learn. Not the learning via "college money" by ups but the real legit learning, the knowledge people have from working for the company (many,way before I was even born), is valuable to me.
Having a degree in Business a degree in Finance, Philosophy, Administration and the Study of Human Psychology might be useful, but in the end its all just paper.
I like what I'm learning here. I'm not trying to change the world or propose any ideas that would make it better and I'm not trying to instigate anything. I just read a lot and learn from you all.

And there will never be time for "what ifs" like this, questions and concerns or even opinions at work, so I do it here with a dash of sarcasm and a hint of humor.
Fancy-Smancy

AsweetGirl

I think the swift cars are awesome!
A. Taylor swift is cool
B. It's sort of like a "haha" to the knight transportation company.
The knight transportation company just bought the swift transportation company so they're now called knight swift. Or something.
So I think it's funny because even tho swift company didn't merge with us we still found a way to drive swift cars lol.

I think the swift cars are awesome!
A. Taylor swift is cool
B. It's sort of like a "haha" to the knight transportation company.
The knight transportation company just bought the swift transportation company so they're now called knight swift. Or something.
So I think it's funny because even tho swift company didn't merge with us we still found a way to drive swift cars lol.
It's an embarrassment to our company

Jim Casey is rolling over in his grave.