What in the world is going on

MIUPSds3290

Hey good ppl,

I’ve been with UPS for 6 years, 1 yr preload, 5 years full time package car driving. My center is not that great, to say the least. As a driver, I’ve never caught a break. I’m consistenly given split routes of 200 plus stops and alot of times they’ll only call me in if they have a route like that for me. One thats built to have me out there until 8 o clock or later. Even when I’m covering a seniority driver, they intentionally add an extra hour or so of work onto the route that day. I take my lunch and break and I’m not running through my day but the awful dispatches persist. I don’t mind the job but it really sucks when you hardly ever see a day under 200 and then look at other routes and see guys going out with 120 or 140 on a consistent basis. I believe its my management doing it to me, corporate isn’t helping by giving these “numbers” that they expect centers to hit every day. For a company thats profiting billions, why is there so much bs going on? Why try and make life miserable for all your employees? Definitely voting no on the contract btw. Just wanted to post what I experience with this company week in and week out. Any advice?

Last edited:

Raw

Raw Member
Hey good ppl,

I’ve been with UPS for 6 years, 1 yr preload, 5 years full time package car driving. My center is not that great, to say the least. As a driver, I’ve never caught a break. I’m consistenly given split routes of 200 plus stops and alot of times they’ll only call me in if they have a route like that for me. One thats built to have me out there until 8 o clock or later. Even when I’m covering a seniority driver, they intentionally add an extra hour or so of work onto the route that day. I take my lunch and break and I’m not running through my day but the awful dispatches persist. I don’t mind the job but it really sucks when you hardly ever see a day under 200 and then look at other routes and see guys going out with 120 or 140 on a consistent basis. I believe its my management doing it to me, corporate isn’t helping by giving these “numbers” that they expect centers to hit every day. For a company thats profiting billions, why is there so much bs going on? Why try and make life miserable for all your employees? Definitely voting no on the contract btw. Just wanted to post what I experience with this company week in and week out. Any advice?
If your a full time driver , why do they call you in?

john chesney

Hey good ppl,

Ya see if they give me 200 stops they have to send 3 people to help me. Then I roll in about midnight. It only happens once

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I have slowed wayy down, did so about two years ago. Thats why I work til 830 every night. As a swing driver, can I get on 9.5?
5 years and you have no clue how the 9.5 list works? WTF have you been doing for all those years. Do you even know why you're going to vote no or are you just a bandwagon boy?

C'mon man, you are getting exactly what you allow them to give you. I'm surprised you are only at 200 stops.

Oceanview

I have slowed wayy down, did so about two years ago. Thats why I work til 830 every night. As a swing driver, can I get on 9.5?
You’re not slowing down.. I had 215 stops today 3 way split and i punched out at 22:43 today.. and a driver took 20 stops off me.. also when I finished my last stop I drove 20 mins to do a dfu I forgot about. Today was a good day. I’m hoping for another 14 hr day tomorrow. More hours t-friend means 7hours for Saturday

MIUPSds3290

Geez you guys are ruthless on here. I got the job when I was 21, for the qualifying and the first few years I was going way too fast. Now management seems to hold it against me that I don’t go at that speed anymore, I could give a damn but I guess I’ll try and slow it more? I’m aware that to get 9.5 you have to consistently be on the same route, which I’m not. I’ve seen enough about the contract to know its garbage, thanks for treating me like an idiot though. Appreciate you
5 years and you have no clue how the 9.5 list works? WTF have you been doing for all those years. Do you even know why you're going to vote no or are you just a bandwagon boy?

C'mon man, you are getting exactly what you allow them to give you. I'm surprised you are only at 200 stops.

Grey

You’re not slowing down.. I had 215 stops today 3 way split and i punched out at 22:43 today.. and a driver took 20 stops off me.. also when I finished my last stop I drove 20 mins to do a dfu I forgot about. Today was a good day. I’m hoping for another 14 hr day tomorrow. More hours t-friend means 7hours for Saturday

You must have a clear conscience doing all that work with such a great attitude. :laugh:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I’m aware that to get 9.5 you have to consistently be on the same route
Or have 4 years seniority...

I’ve seen enough about the contract to know its garbage, thanks for treating me like an idiot though. Appreciate you

So you're an expert on this pending, non-ratified, contract but the one we have been under for the last 5 years or so, the one which you were working under, you have no clue about. No one is treating you like an idiot, you've pretty much taken care of that for us. We appreciate you as well!

At least you recognize that you are / were running too fast and hopefully will adjust that. If you don't want the hours ask for the reduction and then get on the 9.5 list and file. I don't usually give such helpful advice until Xmas time. You hit the jackpot tonight!

542thruNthru

Geez you guys are ruthless on here. I got the job when I was 21, for the qualifying and the first few years I was going way too fast. Now management seems to hold it against me that I don’t go at that speed anymore, I could give a damn but I guess I’ll try and slow it more? I’m aware that to get 9.5 you have to consistently be on the same route, which I’m not. I’ve seen enough about the contract to know its garbage, thanks for treating me like an idiot though. Appreciate you

You have over 4 years FT. You do not have to be on the same route for a week to get on 9.5

Here is the language. Get on 9.5
Screenshot_20180821-222326.png

Oceanview

You must have a clear conscience doing all that work with such a great attitude. :laugh:

I do, I honestly love my job.. Diad message “call me asap” phone died “advised through Diad I’ll wait since it’s urgent” meanwhile I’ll check my fb bc snap etc to heat this urgent message of “what’s your real eta back to the building” “23:49” I never double park I’ll walk a package on my dolly 1/4 of a mile if it means avoiding an mirror accident or being rear ended. Been here 13 months n I’m accident free. Other t-s drivers usually work 12-13 hrs Saturdays, me? I only have 8 hours Dot time sumtimes 6hr n when I show up I’m told to go him

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey good ppl,

... they’ll only call me in if they have a route like that for me. One thats built to have me out there until 8 o clock or later. ...
What do you mean, "call you in". It doesn't work like that?

No work? No problem, I will sit around and collect my pay.

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
Hey good ppl,

I did 74 stops yesterday. I know this doesn't help you but it makes me feel better

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Just read this waiting on a sloooooooow C.O.D., hate when they have to fire up the computer & printer for ONE check!

They can be ruthless on here. You're right. Just remember every new member comes here believing these 'made up names' here are all drivers & preloaders. **** A GREAT MANY are not who they say they are ****

Just think about what UPS hourly or salary is around a computer or on their phone the most at UPS and you'll find your answer.

They did drive and load once in their careers though. Albeit for approx. 6-months.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You've got 5 years in driving.

All you have to do is be over 9.5 3 days in a week. Get on the list