What is a #back first exception#??

CoolStoryBro

I've never gotten a straight answer. No one has said anything about telematics in years. It's become an just another one of UPS' cool stories.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Are you all serious?? After starting up, it’s when you put the Package Car into “Reverse” before driving forward a certain amount of feet. The amount of feet is the part I usually get different answers on. Heard anywhere from 50-250 feet.
Basically shows you didn’t leave yourself an out.

F

Frankie's Friend

Are you all serious?? After starting up, it’s when you put the Package Car into “Reverse” before driving forward a certain amount of feet. The amount of feet is the part I usually get different answers on. Heard anywhere from 50-250 feet.
It's 90 feet....
according to an ocs.

F

Frankie's Friend

Asked 5 different people and got 5 different answers....
any smart people out there ??
I feel so dumb driving past people with their hand out to receive their pkg, down a farm lane and turning around just so I don't have to put it in R after I stop the truck.

People say "what's that all about?".

Last edited by a moderator:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I might just blow some minds here, but back first exceptions are only recorded by telematics after a stop complete. It is not simply after turning off the package car. I've heard both 100 feet and 500 feet. 500 feet is way too far. I'm fairly certain it's in the neighborhood of 100 feet. So if you back before driving forward 100 feet after a stop complete, it will register a back first exception. However, if you back a very short distance, 8 ft or less, within that first 100 feet it won't register as a back at all.

reverse-1396975659_austin_powers_threepointturn_fail.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
A back first exception is something I could give two :censored2:s for. If I backed, it was necessary, as per the rules of backing. End of story. I’ve had more near accidents trying to accomplish this stupid metric than if I just drove like I know how to. I don’t bother anymore.

Future

Victory Ride
A back first exception is something I could give two :censored2:s for. If I backed, it was necessary, as per the rules of backing. End of story. I’ve had more near accidents trying to accomplish this stupid metric than if I just drove like I know how to. I don’t bother anymore.
I led the district in back first exceptions one fine day ... I was so very proud

Sometimes you have to back first. Especially if you park at the end of the block and are trying to make yourself hard to hit.

CoffeeStainedUniform

I feel so dumb driving past people with their hand out to receive their pkg, down a farm lane and turning around just so I don't have to put it in R after I stop the truck.

People say "what's that all about?".
Trick: remember the last 4 on the package. Give it to them, turn around, then "search" for the barcode.

Back firsts are only if you use the diad then go into reverse. Otherwise you cant get out of your truck before backing to a dock to check/open your doors

F

Frankie's Friend

Trick: remember the last 4 on the package. Give it to them, turn around, then "search" for the barcode.

Back firsts are only if you use the diad then go into reverse. Otherwise you cant get out of your truck before backing to a dock to check/open your doors
Then I get busted for recording while idling.
Or recording while in travel.
Or if i give them the pkg and screw up the last four digits while doing all of the above I have to hit details on the pkg edit and then i find out it was signature required.

SMH